Powers that were changed for AMs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Absolix, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

With the implementation of many AMs several powers were changed to work with the AMs, but with the removal of the AMs and WM coming many of these powers become redundant or will likely not be as useful as others.

For example Mass Terror and Terror Tendrils are both burst AoE Terrorfied PI applicators, with the only difference being that Mass Terror worked with the AM and worked with the WM crit. Without the AM and WM they become extremely similar powers with different animations and Terror Tendrils has the advantage of not splitting.

What would it be like for Mass Terror to be an AoE DoT like it used to?

What would it be like if Tachyon Blast was a cast bar power again since Time Shift is a cone power that works with Destabilized and Warp Barrage has a much larger AoE than both of them?

Could Mental get at least one of its cast bar powers back?

Are there any others you guys might like to see?

More importantly, would anybody on the development team be able to say if there is any likelihood of this happening?
    • Like x 7
  2. Streven Dedicated Player

I want the old telekinetic bolt back and I want it to hit like a truck.
    • Like x 1
  3. Marek Committed Player

Personally id like to have the cast time powers back. People werent really a fan of them cuz of the time it took to get them off and the damage wasnt that great at times. I personally loved tachyon blast when it was a cast time power and would love to have it back as long as the damage was on par for the time it takes to get it off.
  4. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

AMs and WM ARE NOT BEING REMOVED please stop saying that. They will still function just as they do now, the bonus damage that came from using them is what is being removed. So no they cant change all the powers back because they still want the AMs to function after the update just without the additional damage.
    • Like x 6
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

AM are not getting removed , after using 3 powers Mass Terror will still do a big hit just no longer the enchanced damage bonus and in additional to that by removing WM crit window(bonus damage) the mental op exploit will get finally fixed aswell LOL
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Question for you. If the damage side is being removed and the power regeneration is being removed then how is that not removing the am.
    In the video they had talked about replacing the power regen but they did say power regen and damage bonuses were being removed but weapon master's only loosing it's damage boost and power reduction so just asking how is the am not being removed sounds like it to me
  7. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I have no idea what form it will take or what the damage will look like after the update, It might be marginally better then other options might be complete crap and not worth using at all. But no where in the notes or on the video do they say AMs are going away, they are very clear to say bonuses everytime. And stated that they want to keep "playing from the tray" (also known as the 1-2-3-4 AMs) a viable option.
    • Like x 1
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

But playing from the tray is not the same as an AM. AM = 1234. Playing from the tray, you would do the same damage doing 1234, 4321, or 2341. The order of powers isn't important. AM damage is activated by doing very specific actions. Without AM damage, there is no AM, it's just spamming powers. The mechanic is the damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. krytine Loyal Player

The 1 2 3 4 tray is just an organized form of spamming and you might be right as in spamming in an organized way but the am itself was the damage bonus and regen but the 1 2 3 4 style of play that is part of the new power recovery that they are working on but again the am was only a damage boost for certain powers with regen as well both of those aspects are going away
    So in essentially am is going away
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I want PcDL to return to its original state.
    • Like x 3
  11. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Let the glyphs stack too ^_^
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I concur
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

NO CAST BAR for mass levitation please!!! I would like to use this power istead like a dual combo: initiating mass lev levitates enemies, second attack can be added while enemies are floating like: left mouse click: smack them on the floor, left mouse hold: pulls them to you, right mouse tap: trows them high in the sky, right hold: throws them away from you, left and right click simultanously: inflicts emediate pain and/or adds a dot, left and right hold simultainously: toss all enemies into each other and/or creates a storm of wirling enemies that get dammage each time they hit eachothers ^^ this is what i would like for telekinesis to play like, not just floating in a bubble.... Maybe the telebolt could change back, it is now just a telepush with an ugly bigger cone... Also: i think pyrokinesis shoul be attainable sooner as kryokinesis, like it was before... And if they change telebolt, then it should switch with masslev in the level you get it at... Not that it makes a difference post lvl 30, but still...
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'd like them to either bring back Energy Shield to Gadgets instead of Battle Display, or better, turn Battle Display into a self buff. I don't care what kind of self buff, PROC or Prec or Might or crits or Vita/Dom, any of those would be cool. Give it a standard self buff duration so I can make a low-power build with Intimidation, Display and long weapon combos.
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

The only "AMs" that will remain will be combos and pets. The bonus damage is quite literally the entirety of all the other AMs, AI AMs hard hitters, the 4, and even Mental's Resonance builders get bonus damage that is going away, MFA's corresponding channels and cast bars won't hit harder than normal ones, even the DoTs from the DoT AMs will get brought down to normal DoT levels. Even pets and combos won't hit as hard as their current incarnations.
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

I could see them keeping the current incarnations or giving us the old incarnations back, but I highly doubt they would create a new power.

I am guessing Mass Lev is likely not going to be changed back since it is currently the only instant AoE Dazed applicator Mental. If any were to change I would venture I guess that it would maybe be Telekinetic Bolt, Telekinetic Push, or Psychic Resonance, of course that is venturing whether they would consider changing them at all.

If Mass Terror were to get its AoE DoT back, I could see Pyro also getting changed back to its previous incarnation since that is where Mass Terror's DoT was moved to.
    • Like x 1
  17. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Cast bars are alright as long as the move is overpowering. Although, I would avoid damage centered powers if cast bar powers were to come back. As a compromise, have cast bars come back but for support powers. With this, Mass Levitation should be strong enough to consistently lift up a non-immune boss and every enemy around it.

Imagine a Mental user in flight using the old Mass Levitation animation in mid-air during a boss battle. They would effectively give the Tank and group great breathing room as enemies would be floating above their heads.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Spreading and extending DoTs is an AM. Getting greater damage from EMP/Mass Terror etc after using 123 or shortcuts is an AM that might stay, just without insane damage. Being able to move while channeling is an AM that may stay as well. Obviously none of those will hit as hard as now, but I can see even the 1234 noob mechanics stay and just do slightly higher than regular PI damage on their finishers.
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

From what Ive gathered, DoTs are staying as they are. Im guessing they will be more or less the borderline everything else is balanced around.

Abilities will hit harder the longer the animation is so Channeling and Casting bars abilities are expected to hit harder than instant damage ones.
  20. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Hmm, I'd like Spontaneous Combustion to get its Dot back.