Powers of the future guide: 11 new powers 22 trees

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by sean04122009, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Snow New Player

Not bad at all. I applaud your creativity and time for doing this. Could use some tweaks and vocab revise for some, other than that lets hope for a miracle to happen! :D
  2. risen New Player

I doubt they'd give it that much variety lol
  3. Circe New Player

This is my fave!

Plus many of the moves are already in-game so it wouldn't be that hard to make.
  4. recespieces31 New Player

Villian side would be Holy too, since, you know, villians are an after thought...;)
  5. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

villains will also be able to use holy powers...(example) raven father trigon and raven his daughter has powers that are evil based but raven is a hero and she use her powers for good........ same concept applies for the holy and dark powers .....
  6. Chris S New Player

I like your some of your idea's.

to me water, weather, and wind seem like the best sets you have set up and described. id like to see some more healing and power restores for the healer and controller powers but that isnt to hard to apply. wind would be one bad*** DPS with the powers you described for it. i would use it for sure haha
    • Like x 1
  7. Arachninja Active Player

Forget crystal, weather, invunerability*
    Combine magnetic / gravity
    Combine atomic/cosmic
    Add shapeshifting
    Call darkness "shadow"

*Now I should say that I'm not against a phsycial based power set per se (which seems to be what you are implying).
    However too me Physical stuff doesn't have to be a role based set of powers but rather other skills /powers that everyone
    could get (this is also why I don't want to see weather, b/c I think you could just have more iconics)

Also I desperately want to see powers based on animals/insects etc. Again I think these could be power-sets but also might be better served as non-role specific trees.

In other words Physical or "form" based powers may have things for all roles (pi, extra effects depending on role etc) but everyone has access.
  8. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

1)okay where to start
    within the dc universe u have characters whose powers are solely based on 1 ability such as atomic, gravity, nature, fire, cosmic , invulnerability and so on. I see no need to combine them especially if i'm able to deliver a viable working power like atomic and cosmic. Why would i combine atomic and cosmic in the first place????? If that the case i should combine all powers into comic because every ability and power has been used or displayed by a cosmic being.

1. why should i drop crystal , invulnerability when the power isn't posted??? R u saying u rather not have as many powers as possible like other mmos or like the iconic dc characters???
    2. weather have u actually read the power if so whats wrong with it ??????? what i got right within that power??? what can improve it??????
    2)my dark tree isn't call darkness... its call dark(was gonna be call Umbrakinesis) because you can have plenty of sub-powers from dark manipulation such as magic, gravity, necromancy, demonic, shadow based powers and so on. I gave dark 2 tree's shadow and demonic because alot of characters have displayed abilites similar in each tree withinthe dc universe. I use a broad name like dark, wind, water, atomic because each power (maniupulation) has at least 4-10 sub-powers that can be associated with.

3)how can u comment on a power i haven't even post and on the last forum larry liberty read my post and out of all the powers he liked my cosmic power ......so i must have did something right lol

4)each tree is staying but each power can always use improvements and that's what i'm looking 4 . This game is also about diversity and having powers from previous heroes and villians... Every power i mention has people names listed with it that are heroes and villians . So im staying true to dc storyline plus powers within the dcuo. Previous forum i had plenty of likes and positive feedback about them so just bring back to the new forum with a few updates.
  9. Motive New Player

I imagine if they wanted to add all of these powers to the game then they would just about be finished doing so by the end of the decade.

Some cool ideas here of course, but I'm fine with them taking time to fix each existing power set first.
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I +1'd this idea just because he listed Kraken as a Water SC and I'd always shout "UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!!"
    • Like x 1
  11. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

thanks and larry stated on last forum no new power until all existing powers get fixed / updated. Plus we all know they not going to give us all them i mentioned they might gives us 6 but we know 3 more coming for a fact because they still haven't released the atomic power from beta. But hopefully it gives them an ideal or what direction they might want to take the power in.
  12. Verbena Prime New Player

Nice
    I pickup the wind and holy ways !
    • Like x 3
  13. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

lol i went back and fix my vocab was rushing to post and we're getting new powers after all powers have been updated so 2014 if not dcuo2 for new platforms
  14. ShadowGaiden New Player

These are very well thought out ideas! :) I especially like the wind power ideas (its been a highly wanted power for me)
  15. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

new power posted and 80% done with gravity
  16. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

Atomic and Cosmic are extreme oppisites like water and fire. Mr sean had it right.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I have a completely different idea of what Dark/Shadows could be, but just having the power would be nice. Up voted.
  18. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

I see Shadow, Holy, and Atomic being the favs, prolly in that order too.
    • Like x 1
  19. Death Throe New Player

Love the idea just wish there was a suggestions folder so this will not get buried in the next couple of hours.
  20. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

what your ideal. i would love to know?