Powers color change ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

So while viewing the preview of long live the legion I saw Saturn Girl battling adds and she was using mental animations but it was shifted more into like a star sapphire pink hue.

When are we going to get new powers or updates to the powers we already have, I feel like Dcuo is very customizable up until is power choosing, if possible there should be a way to change the color of your powers or even update the ones

we have like lantern for hero’s should be Green, Blue , White then villains Yellow Orange Black then with Rage Violet and Indigo together

Any other power suggestions? :)
    • Like x 8
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Power customization would be amazing. Either have it follow a color channel for our styles or let us select predefined colors as an option. The former being the easier of the two.
    • Like x 6
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Short answer: Not happening.

Longer Answer:
    They have their reasons, the only one i've ever seen stated is that changing the colors of powers would interfere with messaging. I also suspect that like new powers, anything that will cost them time and money but will return little in investment is basically a lost cause. As for Lantern stuff, WB/DC own the IP (intellectual property) and wouldn't allow Daybreak/Dimensional Ink to do whatever they want even if it's just simple recoloring. Is it possible they could change their minds...sure, it's possible. But look how many years it took before they allowed us to have green auras, or lantern emblems. No new powers are coming for the foreseeable future, so that's that for now.
    • Like x 4
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

DCUO powers became a joke, terribly boring. From the tray boring rotation on loot, to little variation, to no customization or new habilities or new iconic power.
    We have the same habilities available, doesnt matter if you just hit lvl 30 or are CR 300. That's a joke to power progression. There's little to no choice.
    We are here getting less content with every new episode. It's frustrating when you love a game but one day you stop supporting it because you can't keep paying for such a low quality product.
    I dont get what's behind the decisions they take, I wish I could.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

All they have to do is give us an option to change the color palette
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're not going to for the reasons that you just quoted.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jaelia Committed Player

And why is that ? We already have all Lantern stuff and styles all we need is a color option to make it pass as those example look at yellow lantern vs green same power a couple different animations but still same just color swapped ...

Mix water and mental = violet

Mix water with sorcery = indigo

Mix green light with nature = hope

Mix fear yellow with rage = death

Get the point ? Animations and just change color I know it’s not easy but it’s worth asking for
  8. BumblingB I got better.

There are a few facts that things did change on DC's side. Time Warner is now owned by AT&T. Dan Didiot was fired this year. Geoff Johns left writing Green Lantern series as well as left DC altogether.

I'm sure the DEVs are aware of these things and advocating on our behalf, but we wouldn't know if they got the okay until they announced it. Funny, when we get confirmation right away it's always a no, but when none is responding, it's probably a yes. LoL
    • Like x 4
  9. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Power color change would only work with some powers though. Changing the colors to powers like Earth (especially), Quantum, Celestial , Nature and etc would completey going against the very nature (no pun intended) of them.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Even setting aside what KHALON spelled out, there's this detail: it's something they've stuck to their guns on over the lifespan of the game. There's been plenty of opportunities over the years for them to make that change, but even with DC/WB loosening up on some things the devs have not shown any hints whatsoever of making that change. Close to ten years of consistency doesn't bode well for them changing their minds.

And using Lanterns is probably the most problematic example when you take into account how...surprisingly enthusiastic DC can be in maintaining canon, especially with the ring slingers. Classic example is how they had the devs change one small detail in a Brother Warth-themed costume piece for us so that it better matched the actual costume piece.

Jump to 59:24 for that bit.
    • Like x 3
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Theme and lore wise, the ones you listed can be colored differently.
    Earth, there are many different colored types of soil and clay. Depends on what kind of minerals in the soil.
    Quantum... We don't even know what color quantum energy would be.
    Celestial is in the same boat as Quantum.
    Nature, there are many different types of colored plants.
    • Like x 5
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Theres more pressing matters then changing your powers color going on. Its mindless things like this that get requested to have resources wasted on vs on actual things to help the game last another 10 years and that actually benefits everyone/majority rather than just 1% of ppl playing dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Though, you are right when it comes to bug fixes and new additions, but there isn't one giant team that does everything. It's a modularized systems, where each work on different aspects of the game and at different time frames to produce content. It's kind of like an assembly line, one department works on painting, the engine, the assembly, testing, etc.

There is also something for a game that produces Quality of Life changes that make things more enjoyable.
    • Like x 3
  14. Heywiar Committed Player

Tbh if they added it behind a paywall I'd still be super stoked.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Let's face it, that's how it would be added. It will probably be like a powerset, shield, lair, or utility belt. I think the prayer would be, lets hope it's not like time capsules in cost.
    • Like x 4
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think Mental should be white. I wonder what made them go with purple? Maybe white powers dont look good?
    • Like x 1
  17. Heywiar Committed Player

Exactly, I've definitely become numb to the paywall of this game. :( I don't mind time capsules as much because we can get the stuff other ways (dc cash) and it doesn't really alter the game's play so much. Artifacts, though?? Those KILLED the game.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

At the end of the day, who does what exactly matters very little since the higher ups decide what takes priority...especially when budget and r.o.i. concerns come into play. As much as the small percentage of players clamoring for this change would love it, spending the resources on this (assuming it's even approved by the IP owners) would do very little to actually make this game better or earn more money (or gain new players for that matter).
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Exactly it would be neat for 1st few days but after that I want my green nature back because it's what I'm use to seeing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wildcat Committed Player