Powered Broadsword Style Issue

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Marrow, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Marrow Active Player

[IMG]

Why is it held sideways? I initially thought it was a clipping issue but since then I've come across other sword styles that are much larger and still don't clip, so I'm curious if this is just a long-unfixed bug or intentionally badly held.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

At the risk of getting banned for posting something negative about the artwork: intentionally badly held
    There are several Staff weapons that are also held wrong, where the blade is 'flat' or 'sideways'
  3. Marrow Active Player

They should probably fix the orientation of those too. Which ones are they so I can get a list?
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

https://www.wikihow.com/Master-a-Two-Handed-Broadsword-the-Scottish-Way as you can see, broadswords are generally sort of "held" flat part and sideways to the side as broad swords (especially more wieldy ones) require broader wider strokes to parry and swing with. the real "oddity" of how a character in this game holds a two handed sword is that they hold it straight up in the air, when a traditional stance would be with both hands holding the sword out to one's side like a jedi or medeival knight is traditionally shown.
  5. Marrow Active Player

See normally I'd agree since it'd be historically accurate, but there are several other two-handed sword styles that both are held to have the blade more vertical, but also swing with the blade edge forward rather than the side of the sword. That's including the Flamberge, the Crystal Broadsword, Diabolic Claymore, Elite Broadsword, and Jeweled Flamberge.

The Digital Axe is also glitched like this, by the way. I'm not really sure why anyone would swing with an axe the way it does ingame.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't have too many Two-Hander weapons, butt the ones that are bladed are held correctly (ie not with the blade 'flat' like the Powered Broadsword)
    As for the Staves: Reaper Scythe (not too sure on this one: the blade is pointing to the right, and not sure if it should be pointing to the left, across the body :confused:), Staff (blade is 'flat', should be angled down) and Steampunk Staff (this is an odd one, doesn't have a blade butt some sort of curve with bits pointing out on one side and what looks like a scope on the other, not sure if the scope should be on top o the bottom {could even be a laser-pointer rather than a scope})
    Oh, and the Simple Staff, definitely needs to be rotated 45degrees >.>
    • Like x 1