Power Switch

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Will M, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Will M New Player

My power is Atomic
    CR: 322

I would like to switch my power to quantum but before I do, can someone walk me thru what I’d have to do to keep my CR more or less the same? I tried doing it a while ago but most of my armor is meant for Tank which I don’t think fits quantum so my CR went down to 189. I don’t know too much about how any of this works so any info would be helpful.

Also, what are the best artifacts for Quantum if I care more about dealing damage?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Get a full set of unattuned gear before switching powers. Artifacts for Quantum DPS are going to be Transformation Card, Strategist Card, Grimorium Verum and/or Solar Amplifier.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As Lorax said you are going to need to get a set of gear that will be unattuned. This is so that when you switch to quantum you can open it as either dps or troll. You are 322 so it is the starting of flashpoint. What I’d recommend is to do all open world/daily missions for both flashpoint and legions. This was you can get a chance of getting a set a little sooner. If you already have a dps set than you can switch right away and use the gear boxes to fill any lower gear. If you were a pure tank than your artifacts will also need to be changed. And don’t forget to redo you skill points to match you setup choice.
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Can't you keep your dps gear no matter what power you switch to?

This means you only need to work on a set for your role.

This should be easy to accomplish. Besides the many, many drops you have access to attune to your role you can also buy time capsule gear off the broker or if you have some quarks buy gear from the quark vendor. This is all in addition to buying gear with marks the regular way.
  5. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

if you're on USPS/PC, add me Flex Bori...theres so many variations to these but I'll give you the basics

Been playing Quantum since 2013

you need for DPS
    Transformation Card
    Grim
    Solar Amplifier (for ST)
    Strat (for AOE)

For AOE Close Range
    1. Whirling Dervish (Tap Melee after you stack up some good crits)
    2. Distortion Wave (not only this HITS, it has RANGE. If adds are far from you, you can clip this, hold lunge then go into Whirling)
    3. Sonic Cry
    4. Alcubierre Wave(hope I spelled it right)
    5. Robot Sidekick
    6. Quantum Tunnel (save your supercharge for Final Boss) Tunneling will save your *** and also keep you ahead of other DPS's when burning adds. It also helps you cancel into Robotsidekick. Lets say your robot explodes and you want to respawn it. Instead of waiting for the animation to complete, you can use Quantum Tunnel to cancel the animation. This also works for your allies or just getting the way out of danger. Really underrated move and I know people would prefer a supercharge but the way I play Quantum is to be in the best position possible for anything.
    You can replace 6 with Gravity Well or Singularity depending how you want to play. Singularity + A-Wave = crazy dmg. Theres diversity with Quantum's AOE and it has an A tier level AOE in the right hands

The rotation:

1. WD > Tap Melee on after you do multi hits with WD
    2. DW
    3. SC
    4. AW

repeat

For AOE Far Range
    1. Singularity
    2. Lift
    3. Time Shift or Warp Barrage
    4. Distortion Wave
    5. Robot sidekick
    6. Quantum Tunnel

Rotation
    1234 repeat asap

for Single Target
    1. Heat Vision
    2. Einstein Ray
    3. Neo Venom Boost or Oblivion
    4. Energy Explosion
    5. Robotsidekick
    6. Quantum Tunnel

Rotation

1. Heat Vision > E-Ray cancel with tapping range one time > Energy Explosion > E-Ray cancel with tapping range one time > Heat Vision > E-Ray cancel with tapping range one time > Energy Explosion > E-Ray....you repeat this cycle. Once you start HV to get burning damage over time, you start a cycle of slapping E-Ray followed by your finisher Energy Explosion then E-Ray again followed by Heat Vision then back to E-Ray to Energy Explosion. The more you do and the faster you get at it, you'll be seeing very high numbers. Not Gadgets Prec, but Quantum is top 5 when executed properly.

I got another loadout for ST and another for Boss with adds. Just HMU I'll help as soon as I can.
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

heh, what a hilarious coincidence, I just changed my Atomic DPS to a Quantum troller too ^^
    As a controller, I reccomend:
    1. Temporal Extorsion - Your basic power-giving skill
    2. Alcubierre Wave/Warp Barrage - reduces enemy Damage
    3. Anomaly - Reduces Heal and stuns a lot, also charges your Supercharge faster.
    4. Time Shift - Reduces enemy Defense
    5. Quantum Tunneling - Teleport yourself, de-taunts enemy and grants a barrier
    6. Whatever you want here, personaly I use Distortion Wave for more stuns.
    Been about a month and received some good praises for my Trolling so I guess its working :)
    (PS: started as CR 260 and just hit 300)