Power Ring Hunter

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Statman, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Statman New Player

Power Ring Hunter is a villain side mission for the area out the front of Metropolis City Hall. The objective is to capture Green Lantern rings and take them by the Manhunter to be destroyed or locked away, or something, I dunno.

When completing the mission, defeating Green Lantern members to collect their rings, I found that quite often I was unable to actually pick up the ring - there was no circle prompt for me to pick it up at all. This happened on many rings, but not all of them - others had the circle prompt. I tried getting to the ring from various angles, but there were just certain rings I was unable to pick up.

The mission only requires me to collect 10 rings, but I would've been able to collect at least 30 before I was actually able to get the required 10.

I could not find a common factor from the rings I could not pick up, as some I attacked myself, some I attacked with NPC's in the area, used powers and weapons, just weapons, just powers, etc. It seemed to me to be random as to when I could pick up the rings. Sometimes I was even able to pick them up without the circle prompt appearing on the screen.

In case it is a single server issue, I play on EUPS with a PS4.
    • Like x 3
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Struck this problem as well - although it seemed if I went further away from the drop-off point and killed the lanterns myself I could pick the ring up.

Not game-breaking, but irritating nonetheless.
    • Like x 3
  3. Statman New Player

That is something I didn't think of... I can't recall.
    • Like x 1
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'm only about 95% sure of my statements though ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

I have the same problem while playing on the hero side. I can see the ring, but can't pick it up. It makes the mission tedious to complete. I remember not having the same problem last year, so it must be an update. I see; to have found a way around it : If I beat the lantern while he/she's flying, then I can pick up the ring as it just floats there. Maybe when you beat the lantern while on the ground, the ring goes below the map or something.
  6. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

This problem is already fixed internally and is coming out with GU36.
    If you notice anything else like this though feel free to bring it up, the faster bugs are noticed and constructively described the faster they'll get fixed.
  7. Statman New Player

Always posting little things like this (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...cassionally-appears-as-loading-screen.199811/ as an example, lol) because they're still issues, despite not being major bugs. Even if they get no attention immediately, the thread is there for others to seek out. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

No worries man, i posted that not because i thought this issue was "irrelevant" or anything, but just to let anyone else know that this is already going to be fixed :)