Power Regeneration Changes on test

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Absolix, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

A few changes to Rage, Celestial, Quantum, and Munitions went on test today.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu-51-power-regeneration.257099/

There are a couple of interesting points.
    ·Celestial
    Reduced the Power cost of Divine Light.
    This a boon to Celestial healers in PvP as it gives them a cheaper form of burst healing, as well as an ally heal other than Consume Soul to use reactively.

I don't quite get the next one.
    ·Quantum
    Gravitonic Field now benefits from Quantum's Power regeneration mechanic.

I love that Quantum is no longer going to steal power dumps meant for people with less power, but why is Gravitonic Field being added to the power regeneration?

For those who don't know, Gravitonic Field is the first power in the Space tree that has a small burst followed by 3 ticks. It is single target and both the burst and following ticks are about the strength of Gravity Well, Quantum's field DoT, without the Graviton-Charged PI applied.

It is incredibly weak for Dps, so why is it getting added to the AM's power regeneration? Does anybody else have an answer, because I don't.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im just as surprised as you.
    Same with Alcubierre Wave being excluded from WM crits.

The Celestial change is a step in the right direction for PvP healing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Only reason I can think of for the Quantum change is to make the power regeneration available to players early on. Or, it's I typo, and is actually supposed to be Gravity Well. ;)
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm not really sure why it would be Gravity Well either.

It does very poor damage without the PI, and the best loadout requires 5 loadout spaces for the Time Bomb portion. Even if there was a space available for Gravity Well and Warped Reality I found that Warped Reality was only triggering on one target when it would proc on AoE weapon combos. Now it is possible AoE powers might be different, but there would need to be something more to the damage Gravity Well does to make it worth using.

It is sad, but there is a very clear best loadout for Quantum. Even some that don't use the best rotations still use the same loadout. I was hoping they might add something like how Gadgets got Intimidation, using Gravity Well or Warped Reality to add something other than Temporal Vortex as a 6th loadout space option.

I wonder how this works with preloading, as on live speccing into some extra Vit makes up for not getting power back on the preloaded Warp Barrage.

Has anyone figured out if power regen gets stronger with Vit or not? I have been thinking it likely does not as it appears to work more like how pets get power from the Offering and Fortify Golem, than a trols power dump and PoT.
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm fairly certain it does not scale with vit. I'm on my phone or I'd search for the thread posts.
  6. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Two theories. One is that people really are using this on enemies that move around all the time, ones that tend to dodge Time bombs. Zoom in Happiness Home and Gentleman Ghost in SM RD 1 are two where I've heard people discuss using more DOTs. It's not like that's unprecedented; before the AM revision the Gravity tree was usable for damage.

Second guess is that DOTs in general are still being considered for some revision upward, since the DOT oriented powers are still underperforming a good bit relative to Ice etc. Tunso's comments around HL on GU50 suggested more gradual moves upwards are being preferred at this point, so that there's more buffing than nerfing. Since the Nature/Electric improvements in GU50 didn't catch them up with the top damage powers, there's probably further DOT buffing being considered on them. Gravitronic Field might be swept into that at some point. Maybe Sorcery too, but I'd expect they need to see how the Circle of Protection bug fix impacted things first.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  8. Absolix Loyal Player