Power or Vit?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Yaiba Committed Player

You don't need to spec in power to maintain 3 debuffs, rotate with supply drop/soda and it's fine :) , I choose vita because it will increase the power I give to group. If you are low on power, you can stop using power dump for atleast 3-4s (and it doesn't hurt anything :confused:) to regain your power, there is so many ways to fix that power issues :). Another way is keep your CR low and increase your artifacts/augments, low CR means low power cost :D

For artifact, there is Omegahedron, replace it with Soul Cloak (this is only for elite) and you can realize the difference. In the end, both way works, you have proved that power speced does well, but there is also another troll (not me, I'm just one of them :D) who puts points in vita first perfoms really well in raids (I don't think we need troll in alerts or duos). Choose one that fits your style, I love seeing big number on PoT so I spec vita. :cool: :cool: :cool:
    • Like x 3
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I spec max power first, then vit. It worked just fine for me. And no problems with the groups power. OP, test it yourself. Spec power over and vit, and then vit over power. You choose
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

super powered, it actively returns power and spec mainly into vit if doing so. might i ask what weapon you use as to get a good indication of your typical power back rate?
  4. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. Pots don't stack anymore. And even when they did that was only for 1 tick which was referred to as double/triple ticking for advanced controller mechanics.
    2. Vit doesn't determine the duration of your pot. It determines the strength of the tick.
    3. Because of 1, the rest of your paragraph just doesn't make sense.
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

That's because passive power regen and weapon power regen are based on a percentage of your power pool so if you spec'd straight vit, your regen isn't going to be high.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Your passive regen is based on your power pool along with your weapon regen, your soder is % based, and your foot socket is % based on power as well. Hybrid passive power regen is 4% of your power pool per second, while Superpowered is 5%. However, Hybrid gives extra power regen based on the weapon combo used which is calculated from animation/dovetail. Link to the most used weapons, and their respective % regen per use and estimated total regen of your power pool per minute from my troll guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwJ1NTq0loGEMkJKTUFjdjNzaU0/view Handblasters and Dual Pistols are the two best weapons for power regen which can smoke superpowered regen with hybrid spec. DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT USE PISTOLS THOUGH IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED WITH CLIPPING ANIMATIONS AND SEVERE POWER MANAGEMENT STRESS. WHILE IT DOES HAVE FASTER REGEN AND FASTER DUMPS, YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERENCE COMPARED TO HB WITH HOW FAST YOUR POWER GOES DOWN STILL. ONLY ELITE TROLLS SHOULD EVEN BE ATTEMPTING IT. As for vit opposed to power, it mostly comes down to the math of your rotation. As Obsidian has noted, those looking to abuse artifacts often run through a lot of power and the reason is because of mandatory clipping. If you're going to keep 3 debuffs for the parasite passives up, just as an example using HB, without clipping instead of ~33 dumps in a minute, you'd have 5 refreshes of debuffs to do so you're looking at 15 debuffs instead of 15 dumps. That cuts your power out in half, so it forces clipping. The problem is that straight vit alone is stressful and sometimes impossible mathematically depending on what all you have. As an example, I have my HL villain troll. 244cr, 201sp. 4 vit atlantean gen mods, still sitting on 7.3 power one's. 14/15 cybernetic core's and 4 217 augments. I have a max bottled city soder and a 80 parasite and amulet with a 79 cloak rn until I get the catalyst. I also have the cc trinket and the atlantean trinket from the summer seasonal. Even with a max bottled city and a cc trinket used off of cooldown, when I put my 201 into straight vit, it fails. I can't maintain 3 debuffs clipped consistently on my own. Supercharge extends how long I last, but mostly I'm relying on quick fights or a supply from someone else to give me the little extra I need to last another ~10-20 seconds before my cooldowns come back. But if I switch and put that 201 into power, I'm fine and don't struggle at all maintaining 3 debuffs clipping all of them. And another factor to throw out there that provides unintended bias is that the controller powers have different debuff power costs. A gadgets or mental controller (one of which is a current fotm for dps) have 100 power cost debuffs while the rest of the controller powers have to use 200 or 300 power cost (I believe munitions is the only 300 however). Those extra thousands of power you fly through in debuff heavy rotations add up over time, so the power management of one troll isn't always the same as someone else. Gadgets and Mental are the first two troll sets to be able to go for vit because their power demand isn't high. Essentially, you want to spec for power to guarantee the maxed out rotation, and then build vit afterward. Most of the people that are priority vit, still have 50-100+ sp into power as well that's helping them which is how I used to run because I had the extra bells and whistles to help with my power management but that was before the parasite artifact got released. Because the majority of players don't have 300+sp especially if you're controlling on an alt, if you want to be safe and not struggle with the max rotation no matter what powerset you are or might switch to, power is the recommended priority. While Gadgets and Mental are able to be able to spec for vit more/faster, with the way soul cloak works, the other powersets who have 30s instead of 60s cooldowns actually have a benefit in being able to pump out supercharges faster. So even though you lose in pot or power dumps, you pull come backs from time to time when you get that edge.
    • Like x 1
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Power then vit. Because maths.

Vit gains add negligible increases to PoT and power dumps. Especially after the percentage increase drops after placing 100sp.

You could have 1 million vit but what use is it with no power to use it?

Test it yourself OP. Go to the sparing targets, put yourself in combat and spam power dump, once with a full power spec and once with a full vit spec. Watch how fast you run out of power with vit alone. The power spec will be dumping like a duracel bunny MORE than making up for the negligible loss to your PoT and dump numbers.

Even better, do the above but take a group with you to spam all their power and pay attention to the PoT and power dump differences so you can see how small those differences are between the specs.

Wirh your SP, I would spec my weapons, movement and power crits etc, put 100 into vit for the percentage increase at 100 and the rest might/power. Any left over back into vit.
    • Like x 1
  8. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

MY troll has 330SP; I've never had any issues spec'ing out in power, than remainder in VIT. With the artifacts for trolling; and the gear you have enough to run POT; while doing power dumps and never having anyone out of power.
  9. The3meraldKnight Active Player

For my builds I do a 80% Vit and 20% might/power. It works for me, but might not be preferred by others. I also use hybrid spec to regen power with weapons.
    • Like x 1