Power or Vit?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I've read where some trollers primarily spec in power then vit. I'm just curious what the benefit in having more power and less vit?
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

Always vit :cool:
    • Like x 1
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've ran with both pure vit and pure pow builds in both alerts and raids.

A vit priority build along with power-back weapon combos is recommended for all content.
    A pow priority build is highly viable in alert but comes up short in raids.

Having more power just means more abilities to dump without worrying about your OWN power, which is fine in alerts, but I've seen it inadequately perform in raids with 7 other people in it. You can dump as much power as you want but the average power bar of 7 people would be either half their bars or lower specially for DPS and healers.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To quote Obsidian who is a beast troller:
    • Like x 2
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

basically with power you don't have to worry about never having any of "your own" power bar to spam pots, but vit actually determines the size and duration of the pot themselves when cast, it's great being able to spam pot on top of pot but the thing to remember is that unlike water all the old powers have a limit to what you can spam at any one time, so having a large power over time from vitality edges out more over being able to spam smaller groups of pot that will eventually jam up your ability tray when you've spammed it to the point of the timer sticking.
  6. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

So should I split equally between power and vit, or all pot then vit? Also, should I go hybrid or superpowered?

BTW, Currently I have 337 SP on my troller
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

My opinion differs. Power/might should be your priority, Vit is secondary. The most optimal trolls have their power maxed and the rest in Vit. Artifacts also determine some capabilities. If you mod up with vit and dump sp into power/might you are able to run any content with minimum issues. The problems trolls will run into is the power hungry dps's who want to use all high cost abilities and spam them. Dps should manage their own power. Trolls are more beneficial for the tanks and healers which should be the priority in group content. Alerts can vary depending on the instance. Not too many instances where a troll is needed. Just my opinion, but power is priority for me. Nothing worse than a troll who supplies power always being out of power.
    • Like x 2
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I currently spec 150 into power and the rest into Vit. I also use HB solar flame into power dump for my basic power supplying. You can clip out of solar flame pretty easy with your dump. Dual pistols works well for Hybrid trolls as well. My Vit sits around 12k and have few issues when trolling. Debuffz$ and power dumps, shielding when I can and doing pick ups is my style of play.
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Absolutely. Chill is pretty much the meta for trolling in my opinion. His video on trolling is most helpful.
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I repeat my question. Please just give a simple answer. All vit some power, or split evenly? And should I go hybrid or superpowered?

Sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk, just need direct answers and not a book of what yall do.

And I've seen ObsidianChills channel. He doesn't have a video on trolling with any power since they changed out Mods with Augments. Plus, he's 250 with all OP gear, so what he does will be working very much differently than someone with 247, no elite gear, and no maxed out artifacts/augments.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

Max your vita then power, always, I only played elite contents so I know that will work, trust me :cool: :cool: :cool:
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

Keep your CR low as you can then you won't have problems with power :)
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You could just try 1 spec, then try the other spec. They both work for trolling. Go with whichever you like best.
    • Like x 1
  14. Isif Committed Player

Yeah. Dumps have to be effective so you should find a balance that allows your power to come back naturally and power out should keep the folks relatively powered. I usually start with 100pts in Power and crank the rest into Vit. Only have 230some SPs, so I make the best of what I have. 60/40 split (Vit/Power).
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I only play elite....gimme a break dude, Like no one else does. People on these forums sometimes. Smh.

Savior try different stuff bro, vit heavy, power heavy, split, go hybrid, Superpowered. Figure out what works best for you. What works for me might not work for others. 337sp is plenty to get you what you need to be successful. Try looking up Obsidians Chills video on YT.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

Watch his YT and then? He has MAXED gear and 400+sp so he can do whatever he wants and still good to be honest :). That's the difference between him and other trollers.
    I have played troll alot so I know what is good what is bad, vita is always the first priority for troll (in the end they are battery). If you have power issue, drink cola, they give around 3k powers. :cool: :cool: :cool:
    • Like x 1
  17. Pinky Well-Known Player

I spec Superpowered, and dump all SP into vit first before putting the rest into might/power.
    This way, i have no power issues when trolling.
    I used to go vit/hybrid spec initially but ran into power issues all the time.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Everyone in this thread is completely missing the point to why I spec power first, and all the times until I got 400+ and maxed gear I still spec'd the same :)

The reason you take power first is to maintain the 3 debuff rotation with the parasite power harness and the debuff efficiency 6 elite gear proc in addition to maintaining that rotation you are given the highest possible supercharge regen using solar flame/meteor blast. Fastest possible supercharge regen, 6% critical power magnitude increased chance and increased power pool and precision for the entire group with the harness proc. This combo rotation is what requires the power over vit spec. It's about maximizing the potential power you can provide the group and its ridiculously easy now to have artifacts at 120 now to take better advantage of the power harness and soul cloak procs. In addition now to the 3rd slot being able to take advantage of the extra debuffs with amulet of rao without sacrificing the cloak or harness.

Do you need all that just to be a controller? no of course not in this current rendition of the game but controller's now are just as much batteries as they always have been with breakout profiles being destroyed and stuns overwritten by tanks and dps. So giving the most power out you can to the group still remains the number one objective as a controller and there is no possible mathematical way to have the chance to provide the most power to the group than to use that combination I provided above.

Until you reach that point in gear all you really need is enough power to maintain 2 debuffs and then put the rest into vit until you are at respectable gear and skill points and you can move into position to adopt that combo rotation. You can level up your bottled city soder and use that every 60s to compliment your lower power spec and increased vit until you reach enough sp as well. There are options but like I tell Proxy and the other controllers who like to debate with me my philosophy will always be how can I give out the most power to the group and that combo rotation is how you achieve that :)
    • Like x 4
  19. Isif Committed Player

I guess to each their own. Play it how you see fit. Honestly if you understand the debuffs and push power numbers, you are already 90% more effective than many that I have seen rock the spiral. As a rule of thumb, I shoot for balance. Just one opinion.
    • Like x 1
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

People need to consider this tho.