Power efficiency or Reserve Tank

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shifty, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Shifty Committed Player

So post revamp, which is the better white mod, for a controller basically? Power efficiency reduces power costs by 5%, but reserve tank increases the power pool by 5%. So anyone who's done the math, can you tell me which is better? :p
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

Let's denote your power pool by PP and the cost of a random power by PC.
    Now let's see how many powers costing PC we can cast with a power pool of PP in both cases:
    Reduced power cost: PP/(PC*0.95)
    Increased power pool: (PP*1.05)/PC

Now let's divide these babies up:

(PP/(PC*0.95))/((PP*1.05)/PC)=
    PP/(PC*0.95)*PC/(PP*1.05)=
    PP*PC/(PP*PC*0.95*1.05)=
    1/(0.95*1.05)=1.00250626566

Reducing power cost by 5% gives you a higher effective power pool by about 0.25% than increasing power by 5%.
    Even if the effective power pool would be a tie, reducing power cost would still win because your rate of restoring your own power is constant.

If there aren't any other factors affecting the two scenarios disproportionately, then reduced power cost wins.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 7
  3. EpicGrind Active Player

Where are you getting those numbers from?
  4. EpicGrind Active Player

I use Extended SC for the chest on my troll, because with that mod combined with the SC head mod for Bastion, I can run 1 SC after another and build up 1 before the cooldown ends on my last one, basically keeping a SC always running. Also it helps if you spec Superpowered when playing support roles, because the power regen is so much better. About the only thing I could see the Power Efficiency being good for is DPS.
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

He's getting the numbers from an algebraic equation. The numbers are based on the game and are math; you know, that subject in school that everyone says they'll never use? ;)
    • Like x 5
  6. EpicGrind Active Player

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a moron. I recognize algebra when I see it. I'm just wondering where he got those actual numbers From the devs? Gameplay? Files? I'm looking for the source, plain and simple.
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Because I know that's what spells fun for me - algebraic math.

This is where the devs have a disconnect with their player base. What do the majority of players understand better: moving up from cr205 to cr206 or which mod can get that 5% from their 2% so that 10% of their 7% will perform 25%.
    • Like x 2
  8. Deathmike Devoted Player

Reducing a value by 5% is equivalent to multiplying it by 0.95.
    Increasing a value by 5% is equivalent to multiplying it by 1.05.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 6
  9. Pinky Well-Known Player

Your math looks ok.
    But isnt 0.25% really negligible?
    I would say both mod are equally viable. Pick either one.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mighty Committed Player

Power efficiency if you can afford it on the broker.
    Reserve tank if you can not.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I got it cheap one day in a galaxy far far way (lol) and it works wonders for me :)
  12. Shifty Committed Player

Ty deathmike for doing the math, and ty to everyone else as well for the feedback! :) I'll have to get power efficiency again and use it :p
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

not sure , with a power pool of 20k i would have 50 power more at disposal per casted ability? if so that amount would be alot if u used to clip every ability with power recharge.
  14. Pinky Well-Known Player

No, with a power pool of 20k, you would have a net gain of 50 power more if you used the power efficiency mod and after using your whole 20k worth of power as compared to using the reserve tank mod.
  15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Sorry, I did not mean to imply you were a moron. I was just posting in jest. As Deathmike explained, the PC * 0.95 is power cost reduced by 5%. PP * 1.05 is your Power Pool increased by 5%. Hopefully that clears things up.
    • Like x 1
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

What is the algebraic equivalent of 'git gud'?
  17. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Everyone knows infinity is the best! :D
    • Like x 1