Power effects brightness plea to the Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zylo, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Zylo Committed Player

past weekend ive been playing something happen that pretty much has never happen before. I had to literally had to stop playing because of the constant bright power flashing effects.

happen on saturday and then on sunday. I baisicly play as a tank 98% of the time so am always in the middle of the chaos and am fine when I have fire, ice, earth, HL, gadgets, mental, sorcery, nature and any other power......

but the second a Quantom power user joins I slowly start to get a massive headache that baisicly I either have to leave the group or just stop playing all together and down a couple of Tylenol.

I know the community is going to say to me to go into setting and adjust the power effects but that makes "EVERYTHING" go away. even the enemies/bosses power effects. I cant even see Cerberus Fire trap that drops on the floor. thats not good to happen when I mostly call out things. heck, I cant even see the traps in rage T6 alert is when I put the effects down.

So my plea is to make two power effect sliders.

one for your group members power effects and...
    one for the enemies/bosses/everything eles.

I really need this to happen. my league needs me and friends. I dont want to tell them that I cant play cuz of a certain power is giving me a headache that I have to quit for a bit.:(
    • Like x 2
  2. Trial 1 New Player

Good request and I hope it's considered.

In the interim, are you on a PC or PS?

Either way, there are some settings available on newer TV's and monitors that can help you.
    Have you looked into that?

Also, the following article describes headache causing issues that effect many people.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Lower the overall brightness of your TV. Sounds like the overall brightness is giving you a headache.
    • Like x 1
  4. Vyltran Loyal Player

I think DCUO have some special warnings about those headaches. People who can't handle dcuo effects, they have special settings where you can reduce brightness / contrast, etc. According to what you are looking for.

It won't be funny ruining the game for others.
  5. Zylo Committed Player

I will try the brightness on my t.v. Hopefully it works.
  6. TroEL Dedicated Player

adjust your effects settings. Until the FOTM toons switch to celestial in the next update you are out of luck