Power Cost Scaling; Or Whatever is making ablitites cost more....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Brutality, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lord Brutality Active Player

I'm not sure if this is what came with GU:73

But it's the one thing that should be removed. Combo abilities that Light, Mun, and Celestial cost more now anyway.

I fully spec into Power with my Sorc Healer. Power is 24K+ and I'm also using Energy Soder Cola Atlantean Royal Guard. Yet when I use Circle Of Protection 30% of my Bar is gone. I see the cost is 450 an it shows the scaled cost next to it.

I would personally love to see the scaling gone. So out of my 24K+ power that I've achieved reaching a certain level an R&D'ing the best Sodas can actually feel beneficial an useful.

Just make it so Troller still pump back a percentage power so it won't be a strain powering up the group.

The Scaling is quite crazy. My other Vill Toon Sorcery

Power : 22059
    Circle Of Protection: 450 (7384)??????

I would personally like the Scale removed. Test it out on test servers. Combos already cost more now. Solo Roles are slightly more difficult. DPS'ers can still manage there power well. Yet for Support Roles it is more difficult to handle certain situations when the scaling is this severe.

An don't tone down the Scaling. Remove it completely. I'm sure the DPS'ers would love this. Me who only plays support Heal & Tank surely would.

Anyone please post there thoughts on scaling.
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I have superpower focus, 180sp into power, resto mods and around 42k+ power.
    It scales with cr btw
    • Like x 1
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Power scaling was implemented in the REVAMP like it is now. People complained about it in REVAMP testing and after REVAMP was released. The higher you go the more power you use with each power.
  4. Lord Brutality Active Player

So the Higher the CR the more power used.

How exactly is this fare.

The HIgher my CR... The WEAKER my power pool?

This should really be changed. If not taking out. At least please tone it down devs. The scaling is absurd. I'm sure many have adjusted to this. Yet this is something I can not simply tolerate.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Go into the revamp archives and you will see this same issue. It kinda sucks IMO.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

No, because more cr means also more power (from gear).
    I'm totally fine with it. 42k+ power is just great as a healer.
    I think it's fine as it is.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I was thinking about this also. When im running with cr 230s my 172 troll has a hard time keeping them powered. Most understand but some dont get it. I dont remember it being like this years ago when i played, now i know they changed it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your CR difference really doesn't have that much to do with it.
    Sure it will effect your tick but the difference in VIT of someone 230 vs you at 170 I would guess to be maybe 30-40 per tick since everyone had their stats changed in revamp.

As your CR goes up, your base stats are increased by your gear. The problem that I would say is happening is they (the higher CR) quite frankly doesn't know how to use their power. Sure you can balls out and blow thru your power pool as a DPS, but a GOOD dps also knows how to have a little restraint and when to let off the throttle a bit. Especially if they are in the same group as someone 60CR below them (meaning they are already WAY overgeared for that instance)
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Doing away with this power cost scaling would mean trolls would never be needed, ever.

It's the same if you make a CR 66 alt on test server and equip the latest end game mods and 200 sp in might/power. You will never, ever run out, no matter if you use a full 300-cost rotation.

It's not a good idea, lol, to let players have unlimited power. Basically, if you learn to balance your rotation now, it will stay with you as you level. It also makes mods especially useful.
    • Like x 2
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

How are you with your SP? About the same?
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's fair because with every new tier, with every new gear piece, you get more power. You would eventually reach a power pool that would result in you never ever running out of power like ever. No troll needed. You would be back to advanced mechanics. It was stupid. Now you have to manage your power and play actually smart (with some builds). I'd rather have it that everyone would have to play smart to get the maximum out of your rotation.
    The stongest rotations still need a decent troller but would still mod Core Strength and mod pure might. I'd rather have it the other way around. You know, not the most simple way there is..
  12. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Currently 155sp. Working on it but when they have a 30k power pool it can be hard. Im good and typically get job done unless theres power spammers that empty the bar within 5 seconds lol. Cant troll stupid.
  13. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

This exactly. With a good group i can solo troll and get in debuffs and cc. Ive trolled for years and have learned alot. Returning after almost 3 years off is totally new, relearning again lol
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm fairly new to trolling, but I think i'm a good troll so far (besides I don'T have artifacs and the best stats). Some ppl (dps and healers especially) like to burn mindless through their powerbar. You won't ever able to keep them up. lol. :D
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you're running as Healer, do NOT, I love DCUO so, use the Hybrid focus.

The scale-up you get for Vit, Dom ,and Resto only matter if you're already heavily specced into those, but the innate Power regen loss is simply not worth it. You then *also* need to be specced heavily into Power to recover.

31 SP into Power in Superpowered give you 5% extra Power.

That's about all you need for a Healer, and the massive increase (20%) in Power regen is way and above the Resto, Vit, and Dom increase you get from Hybrid.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

removing the scale is no option,the higher ur CR gets the meaningless would become ur power stat, thats not how a MMO should work however the power scale could be tweaked...by lets say 20% less scaling or the like.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

"I don't want to use the tools available to me and manage my resources, so please make it so I have unlimited resources so I can spam whatever I want all the time :)"
    • Like x 3
  18. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Some people also have no idea about power costs. Even though its in the description many people dont pay attention to it. Ive have to explain that so many times. Even had people argue about lol. Oh well troll yourself. There are some that do pay attention and learn. I know a healer that was constantly out of power. I talked to him, explained power cost and the fact you dont have to spam heals just watch health bars. He took my advice and is becoming an awesome healer.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The problem with power scaling based on ECR is that it is still exponential, not linear. So the higher gear you get, the cost will exponentially more than before. Edge cases make it more noticeable due to new consumption bracket. OP gear is usually what pushes you higher. While mods and such stay the same.

In the end, they want you to upgrade everything, but it actually hinders newer players because of their lowers skill points and resources.

Edit : Stack power until you get more stat points.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lord Brutality Active Player

Understandable.

Still......

It needs to be toned down as another said at least 20 or 35%.

Royal Guard Energy Soders give you 2550 which almost does nothing. The scaling is at a point where you're penalized at a higher CR regardless if you invest your SP for a bigger power pool.

Even on test before the scaling was finalized there where complaints.

I would love a minor nerf on the Power Scaling. Circle of Protection an other moves that cost 450 should not scale to a absurd number like 7384. 6000 max would make sense. 5500 would even still be reasonable since most players power pools are above 20K at endgame.