Power Balancing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

When will you guys make both sides of powers equal? I mean, like electric powerset. Everyone knows that using powers that uses the Electrify interaction is dominant. So why would anyone use powers that Polorizes? I tested every combo of the Polorize interactions and NOTHING compares to the Electrify interaction. Not even close. They are just wasted powers/content and quite frankly a ways of your time and resources.

Same is true for ALL powersets. There are 2 interactions per power but only one of the 2 does the most good. When will the devs work on getting these never used powers an upgrade?
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This isn't true. Fire and Munitions only have Burn. Ice only has Frostbite. Light and Atomic only have Daze. Earth only has Crushing. Sorcery only has Bad Karma. Nature only has Poison. Rage only has Plasma Burn. Celestial only has Purify.

Gadgets has four: Electrify, Burn, Frostbite and Daze
    • Like x 2
  3. Tolly Committed Player

I wonder when I will be able to play this game without being disowned for my choice of power!

I play light dps, I get into a group, "can't you play troll?" no **** you...., I said I was coming to play dps!!!

It's really sad that Precision has imposed itself so much in this game....
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Prec is actually that not impactfull except for Gadget/Elec Prec which are super broken.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But light might is actually good if played right
    • Like x 3
  6. Tolly Committed Player

Yeah... still when it's possible to play well with super mobile bosses and a lot of Power has much slower attacks for some power type it's sometimes hard to play for Power players than for precision players who are much more advantaged and dodge things much easier than Power players, without forgetting the sure advantage of super speed and of course it's those players who are going to complain that the game is too easy...

Without forgetting the troll which will more often give a boost to the precise players than to the power players, Daybreak has done everything it takes to ruin the game between its 2 categories of players and that, everyone keeps saying it in league conversation...
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Idk about all that. I was just simply stating the power you picked is a good power unlike my water dps
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Light is very good in the right hands. Water actually is too. It’s ranged st can be nasty. It’s melee AoE is very impressive. But for a single loadout, trident into finisher into shark into heat vision with rsk and call of the deep will surprise a lot of players if using trans/ quislet/ solar amp. If EoG tac swapping, can use whirlpool to trigger it more often. Hard light, I don’t know well but hand clap often is for sure.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I don't like hv so I stick to healer
    • Like x 1
  10. Tolly Committed Player

What's confusing about DCUO is being trapped for 11 years on the same bar, the problem with light has slow animations and can't allow rotation 1 2 3 4 5, it has to be clipped and it's not always effective while others have already rotated their build...

The hardest thing about this is when some bosses in DCUO don't allow HD to play their build correctly...

What's even worse for the hard light is the abominable mana consumption when you try to find another bar it's just unplayable...

The hard light would deserve an update to bring it back to the top of the scene as it was at its beginnings, this power has gone through a lot in the past !!!
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

I miss the days of power interactions buffing each other. When electricity came out, it would buff some of fires powers if the enemies were electrified. Made for a very powerful fireburst. One of my good friends ran electricity, and I have always been fire. We used to have so much fun dealing mega damage, those were the days. But, it was one of the first things to go after the first revamp.
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Light is fine, it just requires more effort to play, if you want something easier, like a 1 2 3 4 5 loadout, maybe you should try munitions
  13. Tolly Committed Player

I don't want something easier, plus light is one of the only powers that allows you to do PC gameplay with the keyboard and mouse mix :p

and no thanks for this heretic power, although I have walls, it has often tempted me :D
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What are you talking about? Light is probably one of the better (stronger) powers right now. With a ST rotation that puts out more than prec. If you think HL is slow than you are just doing it wrong. Because of the combo system it’s one of the harder powers to play and has one of the faster play styles in the game.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try HV -> Ebb -> combo -> clip into bubble (if ready) -> Finisher -> Ebb -> combo -> clip into HV -> repeat.

Best results for me and although i absolutely hate tac swapping myself, i do use scrap (200) each time i use CotD since its benefit is simply too great. That way im keeping up with many meta powers. It still doesnt come close to Gadgets/Elec however. :)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Gadgets aside... I always wondered why some power sets got a single PI application and some got 2.

Fire - Burning
    Ice - Frostbite
    Sorcery - Bad Karma (It actually used to be the most unusual, as it also had soul auras that affected your damage too.)
    Nature - Poison (At launch, it didn't have a PI.)
    Mental - Dazed, Terror (IIRC it used to also interact with PIs of others, similar to gadgets, not at the same level though.)
    Gadgets - Electrified, Burning, Frostbite, and Dazed (IIRC Dazed was added later.)
    Light - Dazed (Didn't used to have a PI, added later. AM era I believe?)
    Electricity - Electrified, Polarized
    Earth- Crushed (IIRC, it used to have Dazed too?)
    Quantum - Graviton-Charged, Destabilized
    Celestial - Purified (I can't remember, but I think this one wasn't in game at launch either.)
    Rage - Plasma Burn
    Munitions - Burning
    Atomic - Dazed and a weird combo based PI that increases damage. (Really, a throwback to AMs.)
    Water - Crushed and High Tide

I really don't understand why they couldn't streamline some of these PIs. Like if they were of the same power set, make them interchangeable. (Like how EMP and PDart works on all.) It would open some of the damage up on some of the under peforming ones. (To an extent.)
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As far as what the OP said, I would absolutely love if polarized was brought up to electrified abilities. I've tested every power, with I don't want to remember how many combinations, of polarized, and it is so far behind electrified, it's horrific.

That being said, there is actually one (yep, just one) polarized power that is worth using. (Electrostatic bomb)
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes light received a PI during AMs because spytle I believe thought the AM damage was equal to OG HL clipping but when the damage didn’t add up the PI was added.
    Earth was daze as well until it was changed I believe. Or the other way. Not on to confirm the current PI.
    Celestials purify was in the game at release but I believe it caused a tiny heal when you attacked an enemy with the PI I believe.
  19. Stamen Dedicated Player

And it also doesn't seem quite right that the tank powersets benefit from running dps with a similar tank. So an Ice DPS with an Ice tank has a better opportunity for a bonus interaction. Solar Amplifier is great, but it helps Nature's poison none at all, while helping fire, or gadgets. Worse still, you can make items to put effects on enemies for some powers, but not others. I mean why don't we have a posion supply item? We can napalm them for burns, cryo them for cold, electrify, polorize, fear, even daze them. But we can't drop a little poison gas or pheremones to help Nature?

I don't get it.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

IDK To my knowledge, only PI applicator is Grim.