Possible Hot Topic On Weekly Bonus (Need Everyone's Opinion)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Cypharr Committed Player

Bare with me and read the whole thread before commenting and you must comment.

It occurred to me today an idea for weekly bonus. I was thinking 'clears his throat' how nice would it be to only have spotlights as weekly bonus that way we can cover more episodes in spotlights throughout a year including old episodes. Now about the x2 bonus weeks. I think it would be better if Daybreak monetizes all x2 bonus weeks namely, x2 Arts, Ally Favour, Catalyst Drops, Augments, and any other I missed to mention. They should put in the Marketplace, Vandal Savage & Doctor Fate vendors items that will grant x2 of the specific bonus you purchase for an hour just like Renown Booster, XP Booster e.t.c.

If you like this idea PLEASE the most important question is HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THIS BOOSTERS SHOULD BE. Please comment on your thoughts and the price.

Everyone must participate.
    • Like x 1
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Any words that could express what an awful and hare-brained idea this is in every respect would get me perma-banned.

If dealing with your mid-life crisis requires that you throw money at this game, you can already do so. You want to buy 2x art XP week? Buy twice as much art XP from Marketplace for a week. Same with Ally Favor, Catalysts, Augment XP, et cetera. The point of bonus weeks is to give a boost to all players, not just those with more money than sense.

/thread
    • Like x 3
  3. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Are you actually ill? Or is this just for “shock responses”? I’m gonna go with the latter.

So your idea is… that the (the already) insanely monetised game, charges for an x2 event of any kind? And that “spotlights” should just be a “bonus week” make this make sense! How does this help a game that’s losing players? What incentive would anyone in their right mind have - to spend to their money on a x2 anything? Not everyone is receiving state benefits, and they can’t continue to be bled.

You’re actually advocating for a company removing something that’s already in existence. Maybe you need some time away from DC, it seems to absolutely dominate your every second. If you’re not playing, you’re on these forums posting 3-4 posts every few days with “ideas” maybe a job would help you focus on more important things!?

I’d honestly suggest you take a break from this game. Your bought account has become all consuming.
    • Like x 4
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't think I've ever been offended by forum post until now. I'm impressed, Cypherr. You actually triggered me with this one. I despise you with every essence of my being.
    • Like x 4
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For ****'s sake please keep your ideas to yourself.
    • Like x 6
  7. Cypharr Committed Player

You don't have to insult or despise me. It's a suggestion if you don't like it comment I believe the devs will see the community's reaction an take appropriate action. If you think it's cos of this you despise me think again cos you were just looking for a excuse. I'm not looking to add to my list of haters so be nice and express your opinion, FYI this just one opinion.

And no thank you I won't quit the game.

And also before you continue with the crucifixion, sit down and have a think of the benefits. The prices of Renown Booster Four Pack in the marketplace is 90MC or 100 Loyalty Points, XP Booster Two Pack is 270MC or 300 Loyalty Points, Nth Metal Detector 25 Fate Tokens or 50 Loyalty Points, Renown Booster Box 15 Fate Tokens, XP Booster 75 Fate Tokes. This are all inconsequential prices and if we go this route prices are expected to be similar. We don't have to wait 6 months plus for an activity we're done with in less than one hour.

Think about it before the crucifixion, the prices will be inconsequential. They're all under $1

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Committed Player

9. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I think I would rather keep things as they are instead of going with the above idea. The reason being, the above idea of putting the rewards for the various bonus weeks on the market place to be bought takes away from the need to actually play the game to receive the reward, which is the focus of a spotlight bonus week, to spotlight old content to generate greater traffic to those areas and interact with the game.
    • Like x 5
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

Every thought you have doesn’t need to be immortalized on the internet.
    • Like x 3
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

"you must comment."

since i "must"...no thanks!
    • Like x 3
  13. TheMikeB Active Player

Reported
    • Like x 2
  14. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

It's either that (what he said) or you enjoy the stat clamps! Devs needs to give us more and more if the game is dying!

Kidding, I don't know about the 2x for an hour, maybe for elite renown, 2x for 3 hours?
    2x for something that requires actual hard work to get the 2x.

I play casual, a lot of us have too much in life and can't play as much so it's gonna take a life time to get artifacts to 160. I took me 4 months to get 1 artifact to 160, also we are somewhat forced to buy seal of completions. Making the wolf pack token actually cost more than 100$ because it takes money for seal of completions to get artifacts to 100. So it's paying to get it to 200 and paying to make it account bound. I think it's better if we can use wolf pack token to be lower price.
    Or hey, yeah how about a 2x nth metal XP? I'd buy those everyday rather than the Wolfpack token.
    So yeah just maybe a 2x nth metal XP for an hour for 10$
    Or I'm totally okay with playing casual and eventually the game might just have to come to an end and I haven't gotten 1 artifact to 200 :)
    But that's my take on at least 2x for an hour or nth metal XP.
    But the other things he spoke on, I don't know. You are right tho, takes away the need to play the game for the rewards as usual.
    • Like x 2
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

So, you want to get rid of an entire week of a free bonus to monetize it hourly? There's 168 hours in a week, even at $1 an hour (let's be real we know it would be more) you are "suggesting" the players pay $168 per week, instead of free? Are you part of the World Economic Forum?!? Lol

No....No......NOOOOOOOOO!

I agree with others, please refrain from giving anymore ideas. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should! You *MUST* take this suggestion!
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Here's a wild idea, perhaps players could stop trying to manipulate the bonus weeks for themselves with ridiculous ideas like this one and just roll with them.

They're bonus weeks because they're not the norm and the developers choose what they are and at what frequency at their own discretion not ours.

If I were the devs I wouldn't be giving you lot the 2x artifact XP very often either when every week a bunch of players **** talk every other bonus given and act like angry rabid otters.

It's a bonus just, say thank you, enjoy it if it benefits you, move along if it doesn't and be quiet.

It's a ****in bonus they don't have to give you any bonuses, period.
    • Like x 7
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

NOOOOOOOOO! Never, ever!
    • Like x 2
  18. Cypharr Committed Player

It wont cost as much a $10. Following Daybreaks formula, boosters are not expensive. For example XP boosters are very cheap but to buy the XP out right is what make it expensive. I won't use endgame CR skip but the Level 25 CR is a good example which is basically an XP booster for 1000MC. I believe Daybreak views boosters as having done the work but here's something to boost your efforts. So all this booster I proposed will be less than a dollar if Daybreak were to continue with there own formula.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

What if I told you XP boosters were worthless.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Cypharr Committed Player

Since you've decided to follow everyone here to not use there thinking hats. I'll ask you a question. What do you do with Loyalty Points or Fate Tokens? We'll get back to that. So, you said something about $168 dollars, here another silly question. How many hours do you need to level up all your art till u run out of hoarded nth metal? AND after doing so where do you get more nth metal to use for another hour in less than 1 or 2+ months. Not to talk about the other materials.

I see x2 arts week for what it is which a way to keep impatient people unsatisfied cos a lot of people can't hold out till x2 arts week and end up using there nth metal prematurely. FYI if anyone's like who already have a plan for what they want to do during the x2 arts and will be literally done with level up all my arts to where ever my hoarded nth metal can take me in about 2-3 hours into the x2 arts XP which basically after that the long awaited XP arts becomes useless and the hoarding begins again until another another 6-8 months. A week of x2 arts XP is not helping anyone. A if you want to say but nth metal is x2 also be honest beside bonus leveling, how nth metal do you make during x2 arts with the bonus even if you farm.

Don't know about all of you not using your thinking hat but I would prefer to spend $1 every month or 2 months if I feel I've amass enough nth metal in that period to level up an art rather than wait endlessly for a x2 arts bonus week I would be done with in max 2-3 hours.

Think about it, think real deep.
    • Like x 1