Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potent New Player

How does removing Utility Belts(something that everybody has access to) balance out transformation lag issues in PvP?(Which only Sorcery and Mental have access to these broken abilities)
    • Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I keep responding because I dont agree with the statement and I have every right to disagree that what this forum thread is for
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm not contradicting Im making apoint that your not getting THEY are not going to remove a two whole powers from the game that work fine everywere else, because of just PVP and they arent going to fix the transformation lag because if they could they would have done it already. so yes the powers transform you thats what they are suposed to do. does it suck you cant break out right away yes. can they fix it with out ruining the powers I hope so but i doubt it.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you answered the problem your self LAG and im not talking about ballencing just those two powers im talking about ballancing PVP and not pokimon that it has become tons of pets equal no skill based pvp
  5. Mista E New Player

LOL

at all of it... LOL

Are you trying to make fun of yourself? You say you want balance... but the balance is going to ruin the power set for the rest of the game??? LOL

And then you blame the lag on utility belts??

People have been mentioning this lag issue since megaservers ... when it started...

I want to know your thoughts behind this... How is getting rid of dogging/ghosting and giving the powers a cc efect inline with all the other cc effects in game.... going to ruin the powers?

Explain that. I really want to know the reason behind it.
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

What I dont even understand what you wrote? yes I blame arena lag on belts if you say its not worse now with 30 henchmen running around your crazy. and I blame belts on makeing PVP pet based instead of skill based like it should be. no belts are not causing the lag in transformation that has been around forever I think your reading comprehention is a little off my friend I have stated that several times already. All im doing is defending two powers Polymorph and Horrific Visage which are both fun and enjoyable powers in this game and the whole reason I started debating with you was because people were calling to have them removed from the game because of PVP
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I get the frustration here with getting the same match over and over thats because you have a lot of kids playing that think if you dont win you cant have fun and that if you dont abuse mechanics you wont win and thats not true either. just like every sorc uses clown box transmute glitch or every DPS thinking meleeing a boss with onehanded is the only way to be top DPS and that thats the most important thing in the world. people will always go for the easy win but in the long run it just makes them weaker players that will suffer when the exploit is taken away from them
  9. Mista E New Player

you talk about reading comprehension... yet admitted you couldn't understand my post...

LOOOOL

Are you trying to troll yourself?

Now stop dodging my question.

Explain to me how changing 2 powers broken cc effects, to cc effects that are not broken... Will result in the power set being ruined in other aspects of the game.

Explain.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

what are you 3............ I couldnt understand your post because it was worded in a way that didnt convey what you wanted to know.
    to answer your question if they make it where you dont change into a ghost or a dog then the powers arent doing what they are suposed to do in every other part of the game. is that simple enough for you
  11. Mista E New Player

LOOOOL

so adding a cc effect like a stun, encasement, or a grounding... will break the powers?? LOOOOOL

Your argument is invalid, your intelect is laughable, and you continue to make yourself look foolish.

We asked you how will replacing a broken mechanic, with a mechanic that is not broken... ruin the power set.... and you respond with "if i can't ghost then its brokeded..." (slightly paraphrased)

Just be honest, you don't care about balance... you just like to argue with people for no reason.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

god its laughable talking to you. thats funny i dont feel foolish huh strange.
    for one the mechanic isnt broken you turn into a ghost right or a dog then guess what the power is working..... its the changing back that has you all upset. that can and should be fixed. but changing the power is exactly that changing something that alot of people have fun with and use all the time in PVE and PVP just to make a few of you happy is ruining a power set in my OP. If they just made it stun people and didnt make them change form into said creatures they wouldnt be fun to use so noone would use them. there again ruining a perfectly good game feature.

Ohh I care about ballance thats why we all were sugesting the removal of utility belts in PVP in the first place on this and other threads on bring ballance to PVP
  13. Mista E New Player

Seriously.... you just said the mechanic isn't broken... and then said it was broken.... children these days

The mechanic is broke, so replace the broken one with one that is not broke... I dont care if pvers qq about it. All the changes done to pvp despite of all the people who enjoyed pvp prior to the changes didn't stop the devs.

Look at the blue immunities, that was put in to ensure carebear survival, and EVERYONE has cried about those mechanics. Look at the pets and utility belts, all those carebear delights invading and ruining pvp....

If the game did not have the lagg issues it did I would not care about dogging or ghosting, but since we have that lag and the devs cant seem to fix it, then they need to change the powers so that there will be balance. I will trade in visual effects and gimicks for balanced gameplay any day.

And its a shame that you wont, which is why you made yourself look foolish in every response. You provide no solid argument in anything you have said and you also contridicted yourself several times. When something is broke, it needs fixing, plain and simple.
  14. SlayingDaimon New Player

I do believe that the lag is caused more by changes to the load out bar than anything. If you have a trinket that just changes your from but not your load out the lag doesn't seem to be as pronounced as much but when your load out changes even by switching stances you will almost always have that issue.
    • Like x 1
  15. Purple Diesel New Player

superpatriot I will polymorph you, orbital 4, supply 4, sc and soder on you. NOT because I need to just because I know how much that angers you. Keep your FC rules, as for me, There is no Love in War!
  16. Itazuki New Player

It's a PvP issue.

So don't expect them to care.
    • Like x 3
  17. Shadow Vlad New Player

I'd be perfectly fine if they had a different effect on players maybe a dot or something instead of transform as long as it didn't effect the pve transforms because that I do like. Well ghost anyway. Dont care for polymorph in any scenario personally.
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

pretty sure im older than you but that doesnt matter.
    Seriously.... you just said the mechanic isn't broken... and then said it was broken
    you change into ghost and then left alone you will change out of ghost after the timer. mechanic isnt broke works just fine. its your ability to break out of this specific control and the lag on the transformation after break out that you and everyone one on here is complaining about they are two seperate functions (the breakout mechanic is what is glitched just like you dont have immunitys after breakout or when using your trinket ( both state you should be getting but both dont work) no I am not stating contradictions look up the word that might help you. your just mad and not going to listen to anything someone disagreeing with you says so im done with this conversation with you.
  19. Savage Blues Active Player

even though i may call this man a pos at times... he is right about the ps3 lag w/ transformations.
    it may not affect pc players or pve ps3 players.. but for those that play the game for competitive 5s.. it is horrific.. literally.
    only problem i see with this post is that "we" are but 1 % of the dcuo population.
    end of the day pve > pvp in the minds of soe... :(
  20. SlayingDaimon New Player

With regards to these two abilities what if they simply put all your powers on a 6 second cool down if they are not on a longer cool down? I think this would be acceptable if my theory that it is tied to load outs is correct.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.