Pokemon Sun and Moon Starters

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Black Dawn, May 10, 2016.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

My husband sent me this today. Looks really great, I just hope that they don't make the starters later stages humanoid like they have done in the most recent games.

2. Tacca Well-Known Player

Oh the reveal was today? Totally forgot. Looks like tyranitartube's guesses were pretty close.
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Pokemon has come a long way since Pokemon Red and Blue. I remember back in day the Pokemon didn't move and animate the way they do now. I dreamed of the day of when they would have a fully 3d game that looked like the tv show.

Kids these days don't know just how good that they have got it.
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Just one more step until Pokemon become real. Something I've been waiting for since Red and Blue. XD

No idea who that is, but their channel name is hilarious. The speculation is that it will be Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy for their secondary types.
  5. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Those honestly don't look bad, could end up with some pretty great type matchups.
  6. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I'm guessing Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and possibly just water, or maybe Water/Ice.
  7. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Definitely picking rowlet
  8. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

JESUS CHRIST THE LEGENDS LOOK AMAZING
  9. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Rowlet's pokedex entry:
    “According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a Rowlet should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The Rowlet, of course, flies anyways. Because Rowlets don't care what humans think is impossible.”
    • Like x 1
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Rowlet looks like a baby Pokemon not a starter. Hardly any character to it. It's a ball with some sort of wings. Kind of like Azurill. :p

Popplio is trending to look similar to the Oshawott-Samurott line. Also because Litten is a cat it will likely resemble Persian once evolved (we will now finally have a stage 2 cat Pokemon). Which is fine, I suppose, but what do you with a cat after you've grown it? Give it longer whiskers? Maybe they'll pull a feline Stoutland giving it epic whiskers. LOL! It's also likely to become a Fire/Dark Pokemon to match Houndoom.

The Sun Legendary is a cross between Entei and Pyroar. Would have been nice to see something more original like the Moon Legendary.

With all of that said I'll likely pick Litten as my start and pickup Moon first.
  11. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Rowlet is the cutest thing I've ever seen tbh, definitely my favorite starter from now on.
  12. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

npcs look much better, cities look amazing, I have very high expectations for this game.
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

How in the world did I miss this? I literally was riding the train home when I overheard a couple of kids talking about it which caused me to look it up on my phone. I haven't played Pokemon in a long time but the trailer looked legit. When I told my husband about it, he already knew and told me that I could use my old Pokemon from past games by transferring them via the Pokemon bank and onto the new game. I was like "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!" As for the starters in the game, Litten, hands down for me. Darn Nintendo, this might take some of my playing time from DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yeah, the Pokemon Bank is pretty sweet. My husband and I have been working on getting our "original" (FIreRed/LeafGreen instead of Red and Blue since anything before Fire/Leaf cannot transfer) up to the current games. Lots of stinking fun. I will also be getting Litten, but I always get the fire type starter. :)
    • Like x 1