Please Update Rage's 35% Finisher

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ShadowTheHunter, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Rage's 35% Finisher is Eviscerating Chain/Eviscerate. However the ability doesn't actually finish an opponent at 35% health. I think this issue is very apparent in PvP. Even when used with a PI, Eviscerating Chain/Eviscerate never reaches the 9K damage of actual finishers, usually dealing around 2-3.5K damage and occasionally 5.5K damage on a crit. This is highly disadvantageous in 1v1 arenas against opponents with proper finishers and even more in group content where Eviscerate splits damage and is AoE-Blockable.

To clarify, I am NOT saying Eviscerating Chain should be buffed. The ability is fast and unable to be countered.

I think Eviscerate, the AoE-Blockable combo following E-Chain could be buffed (That may be what was originally intended). Or, as Grand Shaw mentioned, Channel Hate would do perfectly as a finisher since it functions very similarly to Light Blast.
    • Like x 2
  2. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Please update RAGE, not only that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I agree! I just finished doing another lair battle 1 vs 1 and I used E.Chain and my opponent was 35% and he didn't die. He was left with so little
    health that I just needed to lay 1 more attack. This mind set to switch powers because the power you love isn't working as intended is repulsive. The upcoming dlc that we're all anxiously waiting better be worth it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

electric and nature fix first.
  5. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Lol we know about those powers... we are not asking for that kind of fix, just some adjustments.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

along with every other freaking power... it's insane! how about let them finished up the Mid_range process before going back and working on power's they already done.
  7. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

SO True. I love Rage, and always will be rage, underpowered or not. I think the damage is fine in PvP but its lack of a proper finisher prevents it from being truly competitive. PvE...we already know that story lol.
  8. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

At the very least, we need to know from a dev that they recognize the need for these adjustments, some sort of plan. This specific issue is quite peculiar in that it exists after Rage's Midrange Update, almost every other power that had its Midrange Update received a working finisher or already had one in place.
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't know you have to think about the development of everything we still have GU, Pvp fixes, #Statsmatter Seasonal Events and its way to early in the process to even be thinking about that, considering we still have Weapons,electric,nature,sorcery,earth to go with the Mid_range.

i would recommend trying to bring this up when the Mid_range process is done, got to keep in mind they already confirm it would be lucky if we get anything else within the year of 2016 as it is.
  10. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I understan but we are not asking for some ******* big changes for Rage. This power underperform all the time no matter what. And the problem is not the kit, the proble is the LOW DAMAGE, the only thing they have to do is increase base damage and just check some other things... is not that hard you know, like earth, nature, elec, sorc.
  11. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

There's been hotfixes while powers were being fixed so the same can be done here. No one is asking for rage to be updated completely just some minor adjustments.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Dot players have been asking for this for a year lol. Good luck.
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i knew that,i am a rage player myself not my main but i get what you're coming from, i had the same issues with HL and Electric.

i been through enough of this rage dmg lower conversation's time to time, not even worth it anymore.. continue you're thread i am glad yall brought it up but i don't really wanna be in the middle of all this rage and low dmg.

So best of luck maybe yall might get it but don't be surprise if you don't, like i said before they got a lot of work to do in 2016, Best of luck

my suggestion if you don't get it bring it back up once more once the Mid_range process is done when they are looking for feedback i guess idk best of luck everyone.
  14. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

DOT is completely different than what Rage is. Berserk was nerfed as well as RA and Outrage. We are just asking for the damage to be increased (minus outrage, I prefer dreadful blast). Also, DOT powers such as Nature and Electric is a poor excuse to say against this thread. There are countless powers that get a hotfix even when other powers were having an update.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yeah i know, um like i said 2016 lots of work for the devs, i hope yall do get it but if you don't, don't be surprise like i just said if that does happen bring it up once more when the mid_range process is done.

i brought up nature&electric just to show how it would/could happen, but once the Mid_range is done you bring back up once more if you don't get it,so that way we don't have players coming in complaining about other powers not getting done,Best of luck everyone hoping yall get the dmg.

There's a method to my crazy. anyway best of luck later"
  16. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I understand there are more important things to adjust, but again, we are not asking for too much. Peace
    • Like x 3
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Don't say "y'all" say "we" we as a community who plays out every power should be considered as a whole. Funny thing is Rage was designed to be a close range power but it doesn't feel like it and the only range AM we got is Dreadful blast which its damage is low. A simple increase to these will suffice and does not require a whole update. You know how long ice been king of the hill? I love electric but I'll wait until they fix it. I don't like Nature because it's a plant powerset. I prefer it's shape shifting powers more because it's fun. Bug form got an update allowing players to regenerate their power while in the form.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't do it as a separate thing i will not be involved with this rage thread or power balance because i still remember what happen the last time, i wish yall the best of luck,myself i will not be apart of this, this time around i said what i said best of luck.
  19. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I'll bite lol what happen? I accept that nature and electric deserve it but I seen powers being revamped and still saw powers getting a hot fix. Just because those two powers need it the most does not mean a hot fix cannot include rage. As of matter of fact a hot fix should be implemented for rage 35% finisher.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

lets just say i got caught up in a lot of black lash when the Mid_range for rage happen, and a lot of chewed out so i don't wanna deal with anymore of those issue's i told players to get on test help out,and well just came back to bite me hard...

yeah i could see a hot fix happening best of luck ;)