Please try not to punish to much, ex members with future DLC's. Tips please for; member to premium.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Nov 3, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

Since I already let my sub expire, (just because i disagree, direction of the game) I hope i won't get super punished in this or future DLC for being a premium now (otherwise I will feel your are pushing away, people like me who after all, had paid without skipping a month, and supported the game for six years).

Happy and sad feelings about changes. mixed feelings to see elite lock going away. happy because was needed long time ago, sad because as premium I won't even come close to run those instances ( but still wise decision, for the better integrity of the game)

Okay I will appreciate now Tips for a successful not so frustrating transition from being a six years old member with most of feats accomplished to a premium player.
    THINGS IT BOTHER ME IN DOING SO:

1.-My amount of cash earned as a result of buying stuff with real hard earned money (mostly booster bundles): locked and useless
    2.- New system is hiding catalyst in DLC's that I have completed at 100%, so refuse to buy those DLC as premium just to grind a couple of catalyst, I am willing to buy new DLC but not the old ones (will see if it worth or not being premium before buying anything else)
    3.- My locked alts that have in their banks a lot of great things that worth money or even auras I bought with real money and now they lock in there, just because i dindt have inventory available in the characters i decide to keep as premium when my sub expire.
    So how you deal with these frustrating awful facts, to keep playing if you decide to stop being a legendary member?

ALSO DEVS PLEASE Maybe if you better balance bottom DPS powers (especially mental, hate to use iconic in my main mental toon to barely, keep up), and make my stats really matter I sub again, until then is a big NO ( I hate to see my 300 plus SP going to drain facing other top dog powers, I refuse to change my power, but being mental it is like stats don't really matters at all, anyway, so why the hassle, in grinding, in gearing up?) I Know electricity and nature where right there for too long, but I always supported and even made threads about that asking to fix them. And please make engaging content and give us a porpoise to grind to do all the repetitive content, and that is being able to beat some content if you do so.
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Divorce.... such a messy, messy thing.
    • Like x 5
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I don't know what to make of that post. Might have been the epilepsy inducing signature. I'm going to sue you for all you've got mexmex for giving me seizures. Nah, I kid. But that post was hard to read. I still have a headache from trying to decipher the first few lines of text. Ouch.
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you buy the episode as a premium, you can run the Elite raids. Your premium status doesn't stop that. If you DON'T own the episode, you will only be able to run the stat-clamped Event version of the content.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing is locked out just because you went premium EXCEPT characters above the premium limit. Your auras and materials will remain whether you're a premium or member.

If you choose not to buy the older episodes, your only other option will be to wait till you decide to buy an escrow token and then buy the catalysts you need off the broker...OR....just by the catalysts straight from the Marketplace. You have your two options right there.

If you have characters locked behind the premium limit, you have the option of buying extra character slots from the marketplace. Then you can access your characters and the items they have.

All the problems you presented have a solution in the marketplace.

Mepps already stated that the team is looking at Mental and Sorcery. As a first step, they resolved an issue where certain projectiles could be physically blocked by fellow players as well as NPCs. After this week's Game Update, projectiles will now reach the intended target if they are still in the path of those projectiles. More changes/fixes will come.
    • Like x 3
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

1) You chose to play Premium, so you chose to deal with the low-cash limit. You now have Escrow. Your accumulated wealth on your toons is still there. You can access it by re-subbing or buy buying one of the many Escrow Withdraw tokens in Marketplace.

2) If you don't own the DLC a particular catalyst drops in, then you won't be able to run the content as a Premie. Again, your choice to go this route. Re-sub, buy the DLC, or hope that the catalysts are cheap on the Broker (HA!) or beg off a league-mate (good luck).

3) You had more than the 6-toon max for Premies? Sorry, but again, you chose that route. You can solve it by re-subbing or buying extra character slots.

So basically you dropped your sub and went Premie, knowing that you'd lose unlimited cash access, comprehensive DLC access, additional toon slots, and higher inventory slots. And you don't like that. Ummmm.....sorry. You can solve some of your problems with Marketplace. But honestly, if you've been a member before, you know that the sub is in the long run the more convenient and less expensive way to play.

Also, you are putting a lot of emphasis on the years you've already played as reason that you should get more when you personally go Premie. Nope. It might help to look at it as a monthly entertainment expense. You spent money on a membership for a month as entertainment, just like going to a movie or buying a round of mini golf or binging Stranger Things on Netflix. The next month, you have a new expense for entertainment-----it doesn't matter you went to the movie last month, now you have to pay again to see a new movie. Doesn't matter you paid for mini golf last month, they want to be paid again before they give you clubs and let you on the course. And it doesn't matter if you watched Netflix last month. If you don't pay this month, no binging of Supernatural Season 12 for you.

The money you already spent provided entertainment during that time. You paid money, recieved video game entertainment. Transaction complete. If you want new entertainment from the video game now, you have to pay for it now. Or deal with the limitations of the available free access and quit complaining.
    • Like x 4
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

As far as the projectiles go well i cant help but laugh. On wed, the day artifacts went live, i ran sub con and 3 different times i threw singularity at enemies and it flat out missed. There was nothing blocking the targets and none of them moved :oops:
    • Like x 1
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

OP is a long time poster, I don't doubt mexmex knows about escrow, the extra char slots. Practically speaking those may be the best options. While we all know the rules; the sentiment is that is it fair and not too punishing. If he likes to make a plea, let him. If he buys the new DLC, he's also still a paying customer.

Let's say he's going premium for a period of time but later changes mind about returning to member. But it if the system (new catalyst / more TC) feels a bit too much to catch up after, he may not return at all. Is the game micro transaction or membership; it's this grey hybrid business model. I'm not advocating any specific changes to membership as the topic is very broad; but we can acknowledge that it can feel very punishing for some players when dropping from member to premium. And maybe that was the point of the business model; but that was before TC and replays.

This isn't too anyone specifically; and the responses has been constructive for the most part; friendly reminder on tone. Premium players are still players. Their skills, knowledge, experience doesn't just go away if they become or have always been premium.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i was wondering about that myself, catching up. its been a month since i logged onto the game. already missed out on the halloween feats. i left everything off in a way that itll be easy to pick things back up when i resub. my top toons all have enough marks and cash and prestige to turn the lights back on. i'm still very angry over the stats revamp. i think what they did damaged the game more than anything else thats ever happened in this games history. three months later and things are moving slower than ever except for a dev team thats acting like they hit the big time and are waiting for their awards. even the op three months ago was arguing with me over the virtues of the new order and was telling me to think outside the box. he seems to have changed his tune like many others.

that said if you want to play with all the toys in the box youre going to have to pay for a sub. its only 10-15 bucks a month. i stopped my sub (and all purchases) out of principal since the revamp (and fyi i am amazed at how much money ive saved not buying replays, stabilizers and cosmetics).

i was wondering how that worked out. if only mentals problems were just projectiles.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You night want to report that. Unfortunately, every time they fix one thing something else breaks...
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fair points all around. The thing is every player has a choice, and with those choices come the consequences. Everyone knows that going from Legendary to Premium comes with some serious trade-offs, you can't choose that option and then complain about those trade-offs that are pretty clear.
    • Like x 3
  12. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah the key would have been to prepare accordingly before making the transition. You should have handed your cash assets to someone who is trusted. Just so that they could invest/spend it for you. As for the auras and things like that. There are still ways to move around the system, but a big part of it is dependent on you trusting someone else. I know that I have helped out premium players and so do a few others. So there are definitely many ways to dance around the membership perks, but that extra complication is going to be a part of it.

It sounds like all around you were not prepared for this decision. As a result you may very well have to invest a bit more cash in order to transition properly. Sounds like it would be worth it to gain access to those locked alts. As far as the catalysts and things like that. There are also work around methods out there, but none of them are going to be as easy as just walking into Trigon's Prison and beating it in 10 minutes.

Thus far I am completely satisfied with the money I spend on the membership. Other games I played online required PS Plus in order to access them. DCUO does not. So automatically that is $60 that can be subtracted from the cost per year which is roughly 4 months of membership here. In GTA Online I held tournaments and events every month on top of our "Member of the month" thing. I paid out at least $100 in prizes every month. Typically more. So factoring in all of that I am saving money by playing this game. I do not agree with every single move the developers make. Not even close. I was never for the revamp. While I confess that it is not as bad as I had feared, I still feel that it was a terrible and rushed idea. I thought it was dumb that the Starro OP pieces were so quickly discarded, and that the same is happening with the AF3 and AoJ pieces as well. While I have never been opposed to them making money even I was shocked at how brutally monetized the Artifacts update is. I mean locking the daily missions to force a reset? LOL! No shame. The point is that I while I do not agree with everything the last thing I would do is quit/stick around on the forums or stop paying a membership as a way to "Stick it to the man!" because in my experience the man really couldn't care less. We are but ants in an anthill.
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

I think the use of the word "punishment" can be misleading. Of course, as a long time subscriber and supporter of the game, the OP may definitely feel that; the word "consequences" may be more appropriate.

It seems the DEVs are setting up a definite difference between premium membership and legendary membership.
    I.e. op collections in loot for subscribers, loss of character slots and inventory space, lack of access to vault - which now drops Nth materials, etc..

I hope that the DEVs will continue a path where there will always be an option for premium members to be able to attain most, if not everything the game has to offer. Although it will probably be a longer, expensive? or more of a work-around.

For example, Mex's situation of losing the alts or their inventory space. He may have to sub for a month to access everything and move things around when he's ready to do some trades. The good thing is that the DEVs do not delete toons, and their inventory when downgrading memberships. They give you an option which ones will stay inactive for the duration of the premium memberships.

Most things are trade-able which is really a BIG plus for Premium members or even legendary that do not wish to spend real money on certain items that are connected to feats.

Falling behind. This is now a reality in this game; No doubt about it. As a legendary member and daily player this is good for me. It gives me something to do; i like purposeful and a visually progressive grind. It gives me more value for what I pay for monthly. Some players will fall behind, they will need to think whether they are ok with what they are falling behind on, or rethink their participation in the game.

As Erin has mentioned, I don't know if it will be better or worse for DCUO as a game or for its lifespan. I would add though that why does it become bad that now there is a lot of stuff to do in the game? The last 6 months felt hectic but that was due to the changes the DEVS made as a response to Episode 28's vendor prices. After Episode 30, we may not see another Episode for another 4 to 6 months. We need to see more how the year plays out and see if players will have time to catch up and take a breather.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

You chose to unsub these problems are created as a direct result of your own choice, deal with that, don't expect changes because you're not prepared to accept the consequences that come with your choice.
    • Like x 3
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

You got it, that is exactly what I meant, Is all about the sentiment, and the fact I still love the game but at the same time I disagree with some stuff that lead me to unsubbed.
  16. mexmex Dedicated Player

i know the rules of the game, I do accepted those consequences, my post is all about dealing with those consequences, And tips about from people who have done the same thing, and how do they manage that change and the feeling of doing so

And is also about A very short And on point change that lead me to unsubbed and nothing else, I do still love the game, but if I disagree with something, this is me voting with my wallet, that doesn't mean I hate the game, and because I want this game to keep going for many years to come, I am explaining that might be to frustrating to keep playing as premium, that is all, Make not mistake, I knew exactly what it was coming, I want to keep Playing as a premium for the time being, but if this changes build up such a frustrating feel I may quit, after all I didn't expend only five dollars, I have expended over 1000 and the devs should considere that, if they don't I am ok either way, I am not asking for handout or anything else, I am saying they should make a way for a less frustrating transition from A to B and that is all.
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

You got it wrong, I knew all that.
    In first place, I am asking other players that have gone the same route I am taking, about how they deal with those annoying facts.
    Secondly, I am letting the devs know a tiny thing that led me to unsubbed
    Finally, I know the rules, but just because I know them, I Should shut up and not say that is unfair to be tretead as someone who only spend five dollars when I have spended over a thousand or even more, this might lead me and so many others to quit and delete the game instead of keeping us in the loop, so they should created a less frustrating way.

Since when a plea is a complaint?
    And who do you think you are to tell me or any other player what to do? Sigh
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah..... I had stopped using Singularity because of that.

Tried it again today...... most of the time it works ok.... but it still does miss quite a bit from time to time.

The same with Gravity Well.

Sometimes I am not very far from my target...... nothing between me and the target..... and somehow Gravity Well still manage to miss the target and be cast right at my feet. :rolleyes:

I love using Singularity and Gravity Well...... but it can be a bit frustrating sometimes when it keeps on missing the target.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I understand what you're saying but bear in mind, that frustration is there for a reason. To make people sub.
    • Like x 2
  20. Vesper Dedicated Player

So no, I don't I have it wrong. I have it exactly right.

1) You knowingly, intentionally, with full awareness of the consequences, chose to unsub.

2) You don't like the consequences, because they are frustrating and inconvenient.

3) You know that solving the problems is an expensive proposition and you don't want to spend that kind of money------to buy all DLCs, more bank slots, more character slots, weekly escrow tokens.

4) You are very upset that you have paid into the game for years, but right now, as a Premie, your account has exactly the same limits as someone who has just downloaded the game today and bought one $5 aura pack.

So what *exactly* do I have wrong?

You caused your problem, you don't like the consequences. The consequences are there SPECIFICALLY to make unsubbing such an annoying and irritating way to play that players keep their subs. So from Daybreak's perspecitve, mission accomplished.

You have a plea-----to change the Daybreak policy on Premie perks based on amount of money spent overall in the game.

You have a complaint----that you spent lots of money but your account is currently exactly the same as any other Premie.

You asked for solutions but you don't like them-----namely buy a lot of things in Marketplace or re-sub.

Let me say again, if you went to the movies last month, you'd still have to pay again to go this month. If you want video game entertainment at Legendary Perk level this month, you have to pay this month. It's really that simple.
    • Like x 2