Please return to new episodes every 3 months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Nov 25, 2015.

1. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Only problem with this mepps is your wrong. Unless you decide to go the way of the replay badge thats incorrect. I've ran BD so many times at least 30 to 40 times and only got 1 130 piece. Once again it comes back to drop rate which I think was intentionally slowed to boost the sale of replays
    • Like x 2
  2. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

No the monthly cycle needs to go back to 3 month cycle at the current drop rate it will take 3 months to gear up anyway
  3. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Could not agree more. All of these DLC's are designed towards replay sales
    • Like x 1
  4. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

I agree with u bro !
    I'll just add few more reason cuz I see mepps answer here and agree with other ppl and don't see the bigger picture ,

First of all the ppl who cry that the 3 month content are to long are not the ppl who ask for a change today ( example like me )
    Ye I remember we wait also 4 month sometimes but u think u devs should find another system of new content.
    This monthly content have big issue in game
    1 to much money spend if u wanna be elite gear in time
    2 boost cr ppl to much
    3 the game become 100 PVE
    4 U devs have no time for real better way to advance the game
    Like - pvp fix / power balance / new style / quality episode / fix major bug / listen to your customer..

My opinion it's to have 3 month cycle and have 2-3 raid/op , 2 alert , 1 dou, 1 solo ..
    Old pvp back , new 52 style , new legends ch, new ui
    And sure new future staff like new weapon , better skill point mechanic ( cuz can't feel high sp today )
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

30-40 times. I am gonna call your bluff. Mepps check this guys runs. There is no way you only got 1 piece of 130 gear even if you ran it only 30 times
    • Like x 3
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Yeah I find that hard to believe as well. Drops rates have greatly been improved. I would state almost every 6th boss now for me I'm getting a piece of gear.

I completed the Blackhand style from BD this weekend and I was only 200 more scraps away from making it. I bought the plan and everything. LOL..At now I have most of the stuff to make the face mask.
    • Like x 1
  7. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

you can call whatever you want its why i stopped running. I swear the AK brigade never sleeps. Ever run is green or 126 gear. Call whatever you want lips
  8. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Same goes for you as I said above green and 126 gear which counts as rare gear AK brigade never sleeps
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Lol 30-40 and only 1 piece.
    Keep replaying champ, maybe at 50-60 youll get the second piece.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

As you read these threads you can't help but notice one hilarious(or sad?) fact.
    Everyone seems fine with being bored with the game for 2/3 of the time.
    3 month content drop= 1 month of fun with 2 months off.
    1 month content drop= 1 to 1/2 weeks of fun with the rest off.

I guess the second option has a better chance at retaining some subs....? maybe?
    I screwed up and forgot to cancel my sub renew, so I'm on the hook for 30 more days.

The funny(sad?) part is, everyone has just accepted this.
    That's one hell of a company motto,
    "We want our customers to happy for 1/4 to 1/3 of the time they pay for our service."

It's pretty obvious that the new content structure is nothing more than an attempt to keep people from dropping subs. it was working too, at least on me. Done with that now, no more 2 subs for me, $4 chunks here I come.
    They can spit all the spit they want about wanting people to enjoy content longer or not "trivialize" content till they are blue in the face. But as long as replay badges negate any of that nonsense that's all it will ever be is nonsense.
    The worst part about it is all this junk only really effects the people that have always tried to enjoy the content, the people that spammed everything and left till something new came about still do and always will.

I imagine sales figures look better on paper on a month to month basis now, ie replay boosts monthly instead of every third month.

But just how long can they keep people around with endless promises of "just wait and see"?

All Instance Teleporter Mods please!
    • Like x 2
  11. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

bro you're on fire with those truths, keep it up
    • Like x 1
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

Yea but guys like u are an issue. What I mean is it costs X amount to gemerate enough profits to be considered good. What that is is a mystery but we know kt was and is $120 per customer per year.

B4 u paid a whopping $40, maybe $30 a uear on content. Vs $120 or $180. U see tje profit difference? Look they allow u and some money is better then no money but if a sub gotta suffer well u know what makes sense.

Its my opinion u should have to pay a sub fee or premiums need to pay about % 60 to % 75 of a sub fee or be left behind. This is f2p until t4 then its pay to play. Sorry there is costs and we. See where taxing everyones gotten us. If we only have this many players....... id bet we nad this many subbers at one point to equal end gamers population.

Out of curiosity because I dont blame u for going a route available to u but what other purchases do u make or use to make? Again ur options given to u and u are using it like its designed so I do not fault u for it.
    Just hope u understand that.

I do feel the system allowing it is a problem and should not be this way.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Only 130 gear is rare.
    • Like x 1
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

I want all the best gear, time to enjoy max cr, and mostly content scaled to max cr vs required cr. Or facerollable.

RnD does little and nothkng to obtain and maintain "the best gear". 3 months then repeat = enjoy notta

Ill take years one and 2 vs after but hey despite loving the game and 4 years my subs expired again intentionally. Not sure that will change. Maybe the appeals are needed north not in the south? Hummm
    • Like x 1
  15. AgentX44 Committed Player

I bet you play all the content that resets your luck counter, right?
    • Like x 1
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Are you running anything in between those runs like DC reg or elite, NGN, Bombshell, etc...

You do know that the developers track this data and can validate if you are indeed getting rare gear. Now if you got a 130 piece that you do not need, that still counts.
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Part of me sees your point to a degree.

Of course the parts of your post I put in bold would suggest that some believe that the game should expect all players to continuously play the game with no breaks or things going on in their real lives outside of the game, like their jobs or lives in general.

Monthly content (I feel) makes the game too much of a rat race, to the point where its an ultimatum to the players: Play me or be behind in content very very quickly. Oh and noting that pretty much no-one in LFG (unless you are very lucky) will play the content you missed as they will do the most recent monthly content (until the next episode).

Also as several have noted: Alts. A fair few players enjoy levelling their alts up to the most recent content. So if it takes a lot of the month to level up in that episode just for your main character, what about alts? And then there's the replays situation too. In fact you could almost say you need replays in order to have the time to level up both your main and alts, but with the LFG situation and real life even that is pushing it.

In summary: monthly content has made DCUO anything but casual (if your someone who is grinding for gear/feats in any quantity)

It's an all or nothing game now.
  18. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

I suppose. The same people gearing in 2 days back then are doing the same thing now. It hasn't changed. I haven't seen Aqua Surge log in ever since his post. Just saying. The replay warriors will be replay warriors.
  19. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Marks aren't the issue. As it stands you get can around 20 a day per toon. Without the raids.
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

More importantly, players do not understand their powers, WM, AM, support roles.. I still see 141cr in the demon pits, Or desecrated cathedral missions, just using dual pistol full auto, Or the ice characters that have iconic heat vision, or the INFAMOUS players who have both support gear and dps gear on at the same time O_O.. All the more reason which makes this community less impatient and more toxic. All the OG players including myself have to baby these casuals, and teach them when they barely play. It becomes a wasted effort teaching someone who casually plays and ill probably forget my teachings the next time he logs on. This is from experience not hypothetical blabber O_O