Please return loot system to what it was before AF3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I had a green weapons box drop and I was happy to get 1 of the 3 builds I had a weapon. Unfortunatly it said range between 145-163 and couldn't tell which weapon to get until I made a choice. I need to know the gear and weapon level before making decisions otherwise I get weaker gear than what I already have. This needs to be changed back to the way it was when you knew what exact item level it would be. This scalling with your level or gear isn't happening properly.
  2. spinza Well-Known Player

Just try to learn what to do from now thy are not changing it dont worry i did yesterday few mistake and open 156 first the 150 and 153 gear so i got craps
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

I'm loving it. Managed to hit max CR on my main today and found it really engaging and much more rewarding that what we're usually used to. I just wish the content was harder so it actually felt like getting that gear was almost necessary.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Oh man, no way. #bestgearinvendor is the best way and I'm having fun with the new attuning the new gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

If you have more then one build lets say for dps and troll or other secondary builds you can't know if you're getting higher gear then what you already have or below your gear level in which case you want it for your alternate role. We need to know the number before we choose a loot reward.
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

We're transitioning from monthly content, where the full gear set was divided into 3 item levels, so the scaling drops in AF3 are going to be a little weird. What I recommend is that you attune only the Ep 24 parts to start. If you get parts for the others, just save them for now. When all of the Ep 24 replacements are blue or purple (or however you want to pace yourself), move on to attuning Ep 25 replacements and so on.

Attune these first:
    - Chest
    - Back
    - Legs
    - Waist

Then:
    - Head
    - Hands
    - Feet
    - Shoulders
    - Mask

Finally:
    - Neck
    - Trinket
    - Rings
    - Utility Belt
    - Weapon

Naturally, you will get vendor & capsule gear along the way too to fill in the blanks. If you're still missing top CR parts, you may have to reacquire the items from the first list to scale them again. Then it will all be normalized for the next episode. Next episode, whatever drop you get will upgrade you.
    • Like x 3
  7. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

A few weeks ago, Lex dropped a 156 purple weapon box. I just finished Olympus and got a 153 green weapons box. Since it said up to 163, I thought it would give me one higher then the lower raid.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

This is some great advice here. Anyone struggling with gear progression should take not and follow it.
    • Like x 1
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

I get is confusing, specially since we're not jumping just 3 levels like we used to do every month, but it's better than just hoping for something better every time. The key is to always replace thing from lowest to highest, meaning that you start with say your back piece all the way up until you reach your Weapon and then repeat the process again. Sometimes you wont need to use a drop the very moment it drops so save it for when the time is right.
    • Like x 1