Please Re-Disable the Welcome Screen

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ever since the welcome screen has came back everytime I log in 3 things happen.

1. I get disconnected after 10-20 minutes of play
    2. I get the error message "unable to start marketplace" repeatedly
    3. There is a long delay in loading my HUD and chat tabs

Outside of these 3 things I have also noticed a large increase in disconnects, UI issues, etc.

Other players has said this as well, and even some disconnecting immediately after they close the welcome screen.

So until you fix these issues I feel it would be best to either disable it or please put an option in the settings to where you can disable the screen upon login.
    • Like x 11
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Yup ive had this too. On top of it i cant stand that welcome screen. There 1000% should be an option to disable it. Im not a new player, i know whats on the MP and i come on the forums. I am in touch with the game and whats going on. I dont need that screen every time log on. A big respec token in my face is NEVER going to make me buy a respec token. Just please give an option to disable it if we choose to.
    • Like x 4
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

A very annoying welcome screen indeed. My chat tabs take forever to load and more disconnects as well. I thought it was gone for good and I hope it is.

Please redo the entire ui system because it needs it and adding new shiztnit to the existing one is just breaking more stuff.
  4. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

I logged in tonight just to get ko'd by a villain within 10 seconds of the welcome screen popping up. It's annoying when before I can do anything I got to get rid of it first
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

That will teach you to not log out in a safe place. :p
    • Like x 3
  6. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Had no problem by now but experienced similar problems on PS4 with the previous version of the welcome screen. Support the request to re-disable it 110% :D
    • Like x 2
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Funny, since the welcome screen came back I haven't had any problems with random disconnects while playing. o_O
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

I've had just as many as I did before. :p
    • Like x 1
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Same here.

I think it's all random and the Welcome Screen has nothing to do with the OPs complaints.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Me either. Only issue is voice chat takes a minute load up.
  11. Pr0tojay Committed Player

The welcome screen is ugly and useless in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Dear Devs,

Don't disable the welcome screen at least until next week. I haven't logged in for a while and I want to see the welcome screen.

Thank you.
  13. Pults Loyal Player

I just want an option to disable it. I do see the funcionality for it but I browse the forums on a regular basis the screen doesn't provide any useful information for me.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When do these occur? Is this just at login, or frequently throughout play?
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I get this on login for XBox (doesn't happen on PC). It seems like the welcome screen is pulling the MP feed and not doing it fast enough maybe? I have to cancel out of it like 3 times, so it's probably 3 popups stacked.
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Go back to what it was.

I don't need to see,

Market Place,
    Friends online,
    Members online,
    Loot Locks,

all of that information is easily seen when,

going to Market Place (if I choose to),

Friends and members online (shows in the chat box right after MotD)

Loot locks (are there when I que).

The "patch/update notes" need to go back to the login screen.

If the amount of time spent on these "NEW UI FEATURES" that cause more problems was spent cleaning up the original code,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • Like x 1
  17. Graviton Well-Known Player

At login on ps4 and xbox.
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

It is immediately at login on PS4.
  19. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I haven't had any d/c problems on login or any other time in DC. PS4.
  20. iClip Committed Player

But shoving things in peoples face is how you get them to buy it right? Sir buy this token? You'll be OP if you buy this token. Sir wanna buy replays? You gear up fast. Sir wanna buy Booster Bundles? I need money.