Please make Total Recovery Kits (and other marketplace items) sellable in game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, May 11, 2014.

1. Poo New Player

It's converting Real World money into In Game Currency.

That's a big no no and will cause all sorts of issues.

Edit: Ivy beat me to it ;)
  2. Archangel Rafael New Player

Then buy in-game items to power-up your character with the game-cash. Its a convoluted procedure but it can result in pay2win.
  3. Kristyana New Player

That would cause a disaster with the ingame currency and the economies of the game.
    Now granted, there are games that do sell ingame currency (EVE, STO, etc) but those marketplaces and economies are remarkably different than they are in DCUO and were structured that way from the start. DCUO could do this, but it would require an entire overhaul/revamp of the system we have in place and this late into the game, it really wouldn't work.
    Just look at the hell that happens in the economy every time they reintroduce new aura boxes. Those are the only things sellable, and they have a very real impact when people put them in the market.

There's always our favorite spamming goldselling site if you want to trade real currency for ingame stuff.

Honestly, you CAN make some ingame cash off total recovery kits. Exobytes are a pretty hot commodity right now with people modding new gear or saving up to mod new gear and level 5 mods are going for pretty cheap in the broker. You can buy a level 5 mod in the broker, use a recovery kit on it, and turn around and sell the exobytes for a profit.
  4. The God New Player

I'd be more than happy if we had like 1000% inflation. Finally i'd have some money to buy colas and repairs, and make create feat.

@Thread: I think that it's not a bad idea.
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

No, where is the down vote option when you need it.
    • Like x 1
  6. The God New Player

Does it matter though? It's not like they can buy items any other person can't get. It's not something like buying super op 20000000kkk dmg sword for 1000$.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You should not be able to buy cash if you are bad with cash management.
  8. Archangel Rafael New Player

So now you have moved from "its not pay2win" to "It doesn't matter if it's pay2win"?

If people can buy game$ with RW$, they can buy with RW$ what other people have to play to get. Pay2Win models are universally decried by gamers. Game companies don't want to be perceived as offering pay2win because it's bad for the rep.
  9. Archangel Rafael New Player

lemme think what I can do without any game-play if I have unlimited game$ bought with RW$:

When I hit lvl30 I can buy iconics and other expensive trabeable blues to get to cr54 instantly.

Then I can pay obscene fees of game cash to be walked-in to raids and receive gear while afk.

Now I can buy top-end mods with game$ too.

I think I could get to T5 in about 4 hours without playing one bit of game if I had unlimited game$. If I can buy game$ with RW money, that's exactly what pay2win is.
  10. The God New Player

And why should I care if someone can do that? He still can't buy best gear in game. He still can't buy skill. In my honest opinion, as long as person can't buy for $, something advantegeous that I cannot get in game, it's not pay 2 win.
  11. Char Well-Known Player

You make it seem as though this in-game cash would come from nowhere. Someone would have to actually have the money to buy it with in the first place.

I personally don't see any issues with this as SOE still gets paid regardless of who makes the initial payment and the plasmic and nimbus auras are tradable.
    • Like x 1
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

That sounds like communism to me . AMERICA YA!
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

1. Getting to 54 instantly is actually pretty cheap, on USPC anyway. I did it on half a dozen alts and I've never had more than a few million.

2: Walk-ins are going away in the next GU.

Pay2win actually means spending real money to buy gear better than what drops in game, gear that there's no way to get without paying real money. In-game cash really isn't that useful in DCUO. It might help you get to T6 fast, but that's really not that hard to do with no in-game cash.

I like the idea, cuz the gold spammers might go away if there was a legit way to turn real money into in-game cash.

I also doubt that the recovery kits would sell for that much. Why would anyone pay more than the cost of the exobits?
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

How? SOE still makes gets money whether you use the recovery kits or sell them to someone else. SOE still gets money whether you buy the recover kits from them with real money or buy them with in-game cash from someone who spent real money on them.

Player A spends $10 and Player B spends $10. Result: SOE gets $20.

Player A spends $20 and Player B spends $0. Result: SOE gets $20.
  15. Notangie New Player

If mp items were tradeable, customer service would have to actually look into trade errors instead of their current 'only trade with trusted players, your fault you got scammed' response. They'd make more money from people buying extra mp items, but would lose money due to needed manpower to research and resolve issues from trade errors.
    • Like x 2