Please make skill points account based

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Seraphanna, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Seraphanna New Player

All the money to be made from people having multiple characters,you would think something would have been done about the biggest turn-off for creating alt's by now.You could put CR caps in place to limit characters being to over-powered to early.You could even make it a new membership perk to promote sub's and make happy the current sub'ers that beg for more/better perks.I would think that more characters would mean more people buying stuff for said characters and less drift between content.Maybe it is just me but it seems logical that this would benefit both sides of the coin a whole lot more than the current replay badge system.
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent' they already account based?
    For example, I can't have more than one account, and change skill points between them. I can do that with my Toons on the same account..but not between accounts. Again, I may be wrong.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

he wants the sp to be granted the moment u create a new toon, not needing to unlock them.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

OH! That'll never happen. This is a good way for Daybreak to make money. I'm sure it brings in a decent amount too.
    • Like x 2
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont know how much it cost to unlock 450sp, my guess would be around 7000 replay badgets lol
    • Like x 3
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea i have 3 toons with 400 plus. Ive gone through multiple stacks of 350 replays which is how much again? I honestly don't know lol
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Buying 1 & 3 star feats only with 350 replays gets 35 sp, 2 stars something lesser
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Same. I bought most of the older feats on alts over time during the OLY/GOM drought before the revamp. I had nothing to do with replay badges. So my alts got very strong.
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That's even more sad. I stopped spending much awhile ago because this crap has to even out lol
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The current system works just fine. If your not legendary, sub up. Don't spend your replays on gear. Spend your monthly replays on feats for alts. Like someone else said, get your money's worth. Only buy the 10 and 50 point feats first. The 25 points are a waste, unless you have everything else bought.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gromm865s Active Player

Considering it cost me roughly $150 to go from 88sp to 330 on an alt...i'd be beyond pissed if they allowed your max toon sp to be unlocked on creation.
    • Like x 5
  12. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Call me crazy, but if he/she doesn't want to pay for replays to unlock the SP, they could do something really insane like actually play the game.

Seriously, an awful lot of these will get unlocked just by playing the game. Worry about using replays later on when you're stalled out or don't want to do some of the grindier feats again.
    • Like x 4
  13. Brit Loyal Player

I don't need all skill points to be automatic across the account.

I do wish, however, that certain specifically grindy feats were account-wide. For example, Legends PvE complete X many. The numbers are annoying enough as is. If I play as Flash on two different characters, he is literally identical in every way. Do they both really need their own counter?

Gather X Times, Complete X Challenges, and so on, the really high grindy numbers, it would be nice if the counter was account-wide. I'll gladly pay the Replay Badges for styles and raid feats and such, but no amount of Replay Badges is going to make 25,000 Exo gathers go faster, and when I have 4 different characters with 15,000+ gathers, it seems a bit petty that they can't be combined to unlock the feat.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea, but it’s a field day when replays on sale, that’s how I’m going to raise my alts sp
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm the opposite. I only buy the grindy feats or higher level grind feats. There are lots of early 50 point feats for speed feats and Hard Knocks you can knock out very quickly. Same with stuff like CC bounties...I'll normally run them 6 days and get to 50 at least(including the 10 in a row and full list ones), then might buy my way up to 500. Takes a lot longer of course, but until you get the gear you are going to be trolling around in the low runs anyway for gear and marks. I hate nothing more than running some content and seeing a bunch of feats pop for another person in the group, then realize I spend 10-15 replays buying the same feats the day before. I'll even knock out the lower level PVP feats....not doing 50 AUS runs though...that's out of the question.

I do start by buying some of the ones I know I'll never run on an alt, like LPVE, so I can get my crits and WM combos though...let's not be crazy.

And like Jade said...stock up on replays on the sale. I'm sitting on like 5000 right now from the Xmas sale. Still costs money, but 5$ is better than 10$.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Ummm..

Yeah.. No.

If you want to curb your characters from leveling up too fast, then don't buy anything that will boost your character's stats and/or xp and don't unlock any feats for sp and artifacts until your character hits level 30. Use only the dropped gear and what you can afford from the HQ vendors, play every raid up until level 30 and do not use replay badges to replay content; that should slow your progress down a bit.

As others have stated before me, asking for sp to be account based isn't going to happen. Like it or not, replay badges are consistent profit generators; one way or another, player's are going to pay for them either by purchasing them outright or subscribing to the membership. I don't think the devs want to mess with that system unless it would help to create more ways for players to use/need replay badges. If sp became account bound, then I think many players would ask for feat unlocks to be account bound, and down the rabbit hole we would go. It would get to the point of making replay badges worthless and again, that's not going to happen.

You know what would be a good membership perk? To have all basic gear and hair styles that are sold in the HQ's to be unlocked on existing characters and when creating a new character, permanently, Yes, it would create a situation where players may subscribe for only one month just to unlock those styles; however, spammers *cough* I mean, many free players currently are going premium just to get rid of chat restrictions, so there is that.

As a long time double subscriber myself (PS4 DCUO and All Access for PC [Everquest]) I would be upset to the point of setting the forums and Customer Service on fire if sp were account bound; my subscription would be nearly worthless to me at that point. Unlocking Prom boxes and getting legendary points and replay badges are the ONLY things unique for subscribers; every thing else can be purchased/accessed without it with free and premium memberships, in my opinion. So yeah, I would not be happy and I am sure other subscribers would not be happy with it either.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Roughy 5,600
    • Like x 2
  18. abelsg New Player

In TESO when you get level 50 (30 in this game) all your characters share the max champion points gained (stats points in this game) whitout pay nothing and do nothing, it work with a pay once model and microtransactions with a very secondary subscription model (just gain 5% more exp and a craft mats bag) with 22,000 player base at peak times just in Steam not the main launcher. If this company want to recover the player base that had mabe need change a bit the things.
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

Alternatively, subscribe here and use your monthly stipend of replay badges to buy over the feats you want on your other characters…essentially the same system by different methods.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

On one toon lol