Please Fix Targeting

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by MetaMax75, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Since Mepps would like all targeting defects listed as separate issues with repro steps then I will go through this thread and take all items the community considers bugs and list a new issue for them.
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

I ran Gates with my league... when we got into the hallway, I was able to target the Actuator on the other side of the wall before you turn the first corner O:

But this was only annoying in the sense that I could get it to focus on the first Actuator.
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I created two new threads for the Targeting things through walls/floor and for Targeting Priority Problems. You can find those:

Targeting Through Walls/Floors
    Targeting Priorization Issue

If you have a post about either of these please direct them there and leave this thread for the auto lock changing midfight issue.
    • Like x 6
  4. Goony New Player

when this happens with brainiac he usually has me in a panic and it takes my lock on him off, dont know if that is what happened to you but that is what i notice happens to me sometimes
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

they
    obviously dont care about game pad players at all. ive had gamepad glitching problems and finally my LEAGUE MATES helped me figure out the issue(its the mouse interfering with gamepad control) while customer service basicly told me i was ******** and to use the official (wired xbox360) gampad (which is the only game pad ive used in this game)
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

ok so im
    guessing you didnt read the other posts(nekron comes to mind) that stated the same exact thing?
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

wro
    wrong forum thread
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

how c
    how can i use a gamepad and not use it? i cant use mellee or range buttons and adjust the camera at the same time. have the time i cant see what im hitting and HAVE to trust the system.
  9. Lyndi Well-Known Player

Mepps,
    i am on PC side. i use autotargeting. when i am fighting i am auto locked on my target. when i kill the target the autolock AUTOMATICALLY moves to either a mob that is across the room (not the next one in my face) or autolocks on a barrel or other piece of scenery. i then have to either use cycle target (all the while getting beat on) or have to break away for a second and clear the lock and re-engage (all the while getting beat on
    • Like x 1
  10. Lyndi Well-Known Player

i beg to respectfully differ, Mepps. it's about the targeting system targeting low or no priority targets over and above the high priority targets. from this post you imply that how can a targeting system magically know what each and every player wants targeted? well i think that a vast majority of us would 'magically" want to target mobs beating on us in a who is closest most immediate threat fashion instead of targeting barrels and other inanimate objects in the middle of a fight
    • Like x 2
  11. Old Gravyleg New Player

Easy fix: remove auto target, remove general area target, allow us to target with a precise reticle. If anyone is hitting the wrong thing after that, it's user error.
  12. Mountie New Player

I wont argue that the system can't read my mind.

As of lately I have noticed it targeting NPCs behind me off camera. This meaning my character will turn and face the camera and I have no idea what I'm shooting at. It does seem to occur more often on my char when using duel pistols. I seldom lock onto things except in pvp so should be free roaming my targets to whats generally in front of me as far as I understand.
    • Like x 1
  13. Nem El New Player

14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Target switching mid-fight is fixed with GU 25.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.