Please Fix Targeting

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by MetaMax75, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To be clear, improving what is targeted first or how that is decided is great feedback, but not a bug in any way (as described). Let's keep this thread to the reports we have of targets switching midfight.
  2. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

To clarify, the system turning me 180 degrees and targeting something that is less threatening (in this case a turret) and further away from me, is working as intended?
    • Like x 2
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

Mepps, I sent you a video of said assertions in this thread. If it's not redundant, I can post it hear so people can verify this is what's happening to them or not?
  4. Purple Diesel New Player

I know this might not touch right on the subject but have you considered taking auto lock off and manually target the mob you want? I know when it comes to having the AutoLock function it can get a bit tricky toggling between locked and unlocked position and then trying to retarget the correct mob, since turning AutoLock off I have alot less trouble attacking and locking onto my intended target.
  5. Purple Diesel New Player

this isnt really a bug as much as player mechanics. hope my last post helps out.
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I have auto lock off.
  7. Purple Diesel New Player

then i would suggest before attacking manually locking your target and taking the time to verify that you have it targeted, lock on then attack.
  8. Little Sister New Player

And when you quickly take down that add, you would think that while still holding L1 it would attack the next closest add. The problem is it will choose a table that is on another side of a wall and it flips you around and you get all mixed up.
    • Like x 1
  9. Purple Diesel New Player

The key is Not to Hold Target lock but to release, retarget, lock target, attack. It is these dynamics inwhich keep it from becoming hack n slash.
  10. Little Sister New Player

You don't have to hold it though. If you kill an enemy and then release L1, and then go to press it again to get a target, the same thing can happen. It can start by locking in to something random behind you. Then you are stuck pressing the D pad until you find he next enemy.

Does this not happen to you at all Purple? Are you on PS3? Edit: I see you are on PS3. Curious.
    • Like x 2
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's not even what's happening. The target will drop while it's locked on an enemy mid-fight.

Here is a video I recorded this weekend. For the first such instance of this happening, go to the :58 second mark and watch the target involuntarily switch off of the robot on to the barrel.

It then happens multiple times after that, usually when I hit something with sticky bomb. I think 1:27 is a good example of this.

Video
    • Like x 4
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Yeah, I do that, and the target will switch randomly while locked. Especially to pets and turrets. Thanks for the advice though.
  13. Purple Diesel New Player

definetly sounds like a bug issue, if you have the capabilities maybe record a session for Mepps.
  14. Purple Diesel New Player

yeah, that is unfortunate. you did the right thing though that video is a good example. I have not had that issue, part of my confusion of the issue. Now though I understand, definetly should be looked into.
    • Like x 1
  15. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I don't. I have faith that they will see this if they test it enough. The number of votes this thread is getting gives me heart knowing I am not alone. And again, count yourself lucky that you are targeting bug free!
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Part of me thinks that when a power is used the targeting system briefly drops and re-locks, even though it doesn't show. As a result, if the character is faced in a slightly different direction than on the initial target, there is a chance the lock picks up something else, in many cases an inanimate object.
  17. Sionn Committed Player

I don't know how they can't reproduce it. It happens to me all the time. I lock on a target, and a instant later I'm on something else. Usually a target behind me that I can't even see on screen. It's also bad when you have all your mobs in front of you, you kill one, but then instead of it picking a target you are facing, I am again locked on some barrel behind me.

I thought not locking on targets would help, but it does not.
    • Like x 2
  18. hugstar1208 New Player

+1

I use ps3 with official controller and often have problems with mistargeting in the ways described. Most frustrating is when it targets through walls/floors.

For a speciific example of target changing automatically i did the gotham subway duo yesterday, got to the two faced goons targeted one in the front line and as I lunged for first strike was retargeted and flying over to one of the furthest away targets.

Please fix, ta
  19. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

Can't say it any better than this really. My largest complaint is #2. When I am attacking a group of enemies, I will have manual lock on them. When one goes down, instead of targeting the next nearest enemy in the group...it targets the barrel behind me on the other side of the room?!? This happens in multiple instances, not just one or two. This has been an issue since launch. I can't believe that this is working as intended.
  20. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

Thank you for posting this video. Hopefully the Devs will get a little better idea of what we're talking about here and come up with a fix....soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.