Please fix Quantum

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WalterlightOmega, May 13, 2015.

1. ArtOfFreak Well-Known Player

Quantum is fine. It's the tricycle of DCUO. You want to DPS but you can't so you use Quantum. Many skilled players moved on from Quantum because it's such child's play.
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

If they fix the issue with Max Damage, we'll have a better idea if the relative balance. Until then, yes, Quantum is very OP; however it's not totally about the powerset.
    • Like x 2
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Quantum is about to be nerfed. Every time anything is ninja buffed, it is over nerfed. I don't know what is, but since the update quantum is buffed. I thought it was ignoring cr in content, but someone said it's the max dmg mod.
    • Like x 1
  4. Karnevil Committed Player

Just give Fire dps some love. I've had a fire toon since launch and love tanking with her, but dps desperately needs some loving. FIRE! THE NEXT QUANTUM!!! MAKE IT SO!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Please fix other powers. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  6. Solmes202 Loyal Player

This is the 1,750,309,827,962nd thread on this.

(For those in our studio audience keeping track) :)

BADA BOOM BAH!
    • Like x 1
  7. MetalMario Loyal Player

The problem is risk adjusted reward. The channeled and 123456 powers basically have no risk and (some) are on par with maximum possible output of more difficult powersets, which is unfair. Something like rage, celestial, (melee and/or clipped) HL, nature, and electricity, should be categorically superior when just considering maximum possible damage output. Also melee in general needs to be buffed.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Fire has no risk when using it's AM ? Really dude ? You can get away saying the 123455 powers have no risk but surely not Fire.
    • Like x 1
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Quantum is broken since update, have nothing to do with fixing other powers, in fact quantum range numbers need to be fixed.

Only people who think quantum is ok is quantum players
    • Like x 3
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

If it was broken they would have fixed it when it was actually broken on test with GU47. If you bring Quantum down then Munitions, Mental and Celestial take the crown and then each one will be brought down due to complaints basically putting us back at square one. What about Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Nature and Electricity ? They will still be left behind.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kohina Well-Known Player

I'm ok with Quantum and I don't have any alt quantum or play quantum, does that make me a quantum player as well? o_O

I honestly think that you guys should stop focusing on the scoreboard and try to have fun while playing the game.
    • Like x 4
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Or remove PVP gear and just make a single set of gear from PVE that can be used in PVP or rotate where the players can earn the set. This way, every other set is earned in PVP and than goes back to PVE. This would increase the population, even if for a short time, in the PVP phase.
  13. NightBandit New Player

Batman wants Superman nerfed because he can move planets and Batman can't.

Batman also wants Green Lantern's ring brought in line with his batarang.

Flash is faster than Superman, but not as strong so he wants Superman nerfed also.

Superman is not as fast as Flash so he wants Flash nerfed.

The DC villains can never seem to win, so they want the DC heroes nerfed.

DC- please balance all powers so Superman can't do more damage than Bruce Wayne.
    • Like x 4
  14. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Dont forget Wonder Woman says that super girls ***** are perkier
    She wants those babies nerfed!
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Players are hitting 100k TB consistently at nearly max range. No other power is doing that.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm not consistently hitting 100k at max range so please oh wise one tell me where you concluded this. Many times the damage seen on screen is not the actual damage you've dealt in the log.
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Anyone who says "Don't focus on the scorecard" are playing a different game. Wm, am, cr stat clamping, and power balancing is all about the scorecard. Like the late great Biggie Smalls said "If you don't know, now you know". "Play to have fun" where they do that at?
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Up
    Ok players I know are. Only time dmg on the screen is not the same as famage deakt, is when the npc have less damage than the damage dealt. If you think quantum hitting for more damage at range than powers do from melee is balanced, we have nothing else to discuss
  19. Mousebreaker85 New Player

I dont even look at the scoreboard i know mine is big i dont have to measure it to be sure ! Lol
    Dps'ing is like making love .. You dont need someone to tell you when u doin it right you will just know!
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

What game are you playing where Quantum DPS in PvP is worth a damn? It's one of the worst dps powers in PvP currently.
    • Like x 2