PLEASE FIX CENTRAL CITY BOUNTIES DEVS!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Mar 17, 2019.

1. topflow619 Well-Known Player

So it’s been a week and I have checked every corner in cc and I haven’t seen Abra kadabra and Profesor Zoom,
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

9 times out of ten it's probably because they got burned in half a second by someone else before you found them. For the ones in Central City I found it easier to just go to the PvP phase and get those ones
    • Like x 4
  3. topflow619 Well-Known Player

Thanks bro,in pvp phase I can find them but pve phase I can’t and I look for them for 30 minutes around their spawns
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They are there. I run them almost every day on 2 different toons. You are either missing them, or there's a spawn you don't know about(there are 7 or 8 points and both share them). There is 0 chance they have not been there for a week as I've killed them both several times this week in between the St Paddy's day punishment....er...seasonal. Now it is possible that you are having a bad draw and only see 1 and are referring to the other. I've seen Abra or Zoom pop 6 or 7 times in a row without alternating...at about 4-5 min respawn rate that's closing in on an hour and can be frustrating. Normally if I see the same one more than 2 times I head to Gotham and Metro for the other 7 and give it 1 more try afterwards....worst case you get 8 for the day...try again tomorrow.

One thing I try to always do and would hope other community members would follow suit is shouting out when I see either....give anyone doing the hunt 30-40 seconds to swing over and get in on the kill. Most don't do the same, but at least if I'm down there you have a chance of getting a heads up if you are not right there.

BTW...they are not in the corners of the map....just saying.

Reinheld
  5. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I researched their location and I go around their spawns and nothing,It’s ridiculous
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

No problem. The ones in Central City were the toughest for me to find too. Usually it was always the same one spawning over and over, but most of the time it was other players annihilating them before I could get there. I had some luck asking people to shout in chat before they killed a bounty but most don't care. So I just always used PvP phase for those bounties and had the whole map to myself.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

PVP phase is the fastest way to run collections, bounties and seasonals.

There are more PVE phases and when you are not seeing a bounty in the phase that you are in.
    It's probably in another pve phase or spawn location. Spawns do not pop up in every phase at the same time or same spot, they rotate.

I don't know how many phases PVE has either. There could be 5-10 or more. There is only one PVP phase.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For fun, I went in and ran my 2 guys though the bounties last night. Guy1 got both of these done in just under 5 min. Abra was sitting at spawn right after I picked up the missions....Zoom popped up back by the tanker truck 4 min later. Guy2 did have a bit of a time getting both as I found Abra a few times first, but then I ran some solo content and got Zoom about 20 min later when I checked again.

Just wondering....when you are looking for them around CC, do you see a lot of Starfish flying around the area? If so I think I know the problem....

Reinheld
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

Why do you seem to go with people are dumb?
  10. Physique Dedicated Player

The Central City (Lightning Strikes) bounties aren't broken, it's just that the "summoning mechanic" is oftentimes broken and misunderstood.

The key to getting them to show up is to close the giant rupture on the overpass. If the adds for the giant rupture on the overpass are predominantly green with encased humans, the next time "A Giant Rupture Has Opened" appears on screen, Abra will show up at one of the 6 different locations he spawns.

If the adds are predominantly yellow, Zoom will show up.

Sometimes the mechanic is broken because people keep closing the giant ruptures without then defeating the the relating bounty. That is why you get the same bounty showing up over and over sometimes (because the mechanic does not reset). The thing I found which worked best was to phase to the PvP side and hunt the bounties using the technique outline above. Be sure to check the map for the bounties before closing the giant ruptures and you should be okay.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cause dumb people can't detect when a joke is made. See my above post for an example of a joke.

I didn't really think he was in Starro Central City, but I guess I'll have to put "Dresserball....that was a joke" any time I make one from here on out.

Reinheld
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

As already stated there really is not a problem with the bounties except that in the case of Abra and Zoom they share one small zone and have the exact same spawning locations. That means there is never more than one of the two out at any given time. The real problem is they never set anything up so that when you defeat one the other automatically spawn next. I have spent time in Central City roaming around in circles and defeating the SAME bounty again and again,,, and AGAIN. I think my longest streak I have endured was having Zoom spawn 6 times in a row before Abra finally appeared. Now the spawn rate was fixed a while ago so normally it only takes about 2 minutes or less before a new spawn appears. But it is always [possible that while you are in one spot hunting another player could find and defeat the one you still need..........and then due to shear luck (or the lack of it) the one you already defeated goes through another string of appearances. YES I have spent more than half an hour in zone just trying to get two defeats.

They need to do one IF not two things there. Set a schedule up so that they rotate between the two. Then possibly set up separate spawn points for each....... They made the zone bigger when they decided to use it for the Deluge DLC so we now have not 1 but 2 spots where almost nothing happen.... The expansion added that whole block by the river... no adds and no bounty spawn there so it just sits there totally empty and on the other side under the bridge you see the exact same thing... UP on the bridge you have the "CORK" mission but underneath aside for a couple briefings nothing happens at all. Recode and stick Abra one one side and Zoom on the other and you could have BOTH out at the same time. REALLY though I think the schedule of one after another would allow them to keep the exact same spawn point.

LOL can you tell I like to bounty hunt and have the feat for 500 defeats on .. 10 ALTS at this point?
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I didn't know that was a mechanic....thought it was just random who spawns and an interval (3-4 min) when they appear. I know I've been down there a few times where no one seems to be spawning for an excessive time (over 6-7 min)...next time I'll go close a portal and see if that triggers the bounty to arrive.

Reinheld
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

cause all people, even those of us who are smart, are for the most part dumb. intelligence is just a measure of how less often a person screws up compared to some one else.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's not how the phases work. It's all determined by the amount of players in 1 location. Best example is the original Starro bounty. The devs did not factor in that players would grind out the feats in the first day. That's where the LFG phasing started. The EU server was actually shut down because they had successfully opened something like 200 different phases and the servers could not handle it. The same thing can happen on the PvP side also. Think of them as sides, not phases.
  16. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Keep in mind we need to defeat 500 of these guys to get a feat, this is such a pain together with thise bottled city duos.
    • Like x 2
  17. Physique Dedicated Player

Yeah, it's always been the mechanism but most players never learned about it. Hopefully, this will help those still working on the 500 bounty count...
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This is another problem in that area with those two bounties. Now normally if I am in there bounty hunting when I spot either of the two I go to shout and let folks know who is up and basically where to find them. Then I will sit and wait to see if anyone comes. It is not that I am looking for help.. LOL I gave up looking for teams on this feat ages ago I am playing an alt WAY higher that can easily solo them... which most do now. But I have even seen THAT back fire on me. Made my announcement and another bounty hunter came out of no where and defeated the bounty before could get a shot in. SO then I get to start all over hunting.

Things like that spawn bad attitude .. for a while I actually stopped letting anyone know as far as I was concerned I FOUND him .. he was mine.. You need him? Find one of your own. I am back to being nice again but it happens
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I also shout it out....I've seen a few others do the same, but not normally. I don't bother doing it in Metro and Gotham as those bounties respawn almost immediately and each have their own fixed area, but in CC I do because of the goofy respawning. I give them 30-40 seconds to arrive, BUT...I will generally get 1 shot in first before shouting. Then block for the 30-40 seconds I'm waiting because of the "Blasty McKillemall"s that will rush in and try to off them before I get my shots in. I've never not gotten credit if I put the first few shots in.

If someone is hunting down there...30-40 seconds is all it takes to cross the entire map....I've had people send me a tell 3 or 4 min later..."Where is Abra?"....I normally answer "probably in heck by now....he died" (filtered myself there, but you get the gist). My kindness only goes so far but I do try to give them a chance, having been on the receiving end of a bad 30-40 min run looking for one before.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmm been a while since I had a problem but I LIKE your way. I'll have to try that next time. What ticked me off even more than the steal though was getting screamed at by other players for "not waiting long enough" The other guy jumped in stole the kill and then I get one or even more players yelling at me because they arrive and NO BOUNTY? "Gee I'm sorry I looked at him funny and Abra just DIED! I have no idea why? " LOL

Yeah I don't even bother in Gotham or Metropolis... they are respawned (is that a word?) in two minutes or less. And after hunting them down on 10 different alts I KNOW exactly where to find them