Please allow

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DaPhun48, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It creates a giant problem. Not the names, they have done name cleanups with server merges before, no big deal.

But: the character slots would turn out to be a problem on many accounts. PC players can have max toons per serever, console players can have up to max on one platform and max-8 on the other (the subscription does only work on both servers for PC clients). Practical example: US and EU servers combined, I have 52 toons on my main account. Some are name squatters but the majority is not. Theoretical example: a bugged PC account (bugged as in: allowed to extend to 33 character slots when that bug was around) could have 66 characters.

One thing that SOE never did and Daybreak never will do is willfully delete stuff - not characters, not items. They overload your inventory but they do not delete. So the complete account structure would be needed to be massively extended, maybe even way over account database limit/definitions.

Second big problem: EU players currently cannot claim their stuff on the US servers, as explained already in this thread. So the console population of the EU servers (which is significantly larger than the PC portion) will no longer have any reason nor result from spending money on the game, and also won't be able to buy most items (as in anything that cannot be obtained via the PS store directly).

These technical issues make the naming "problem" look really ridiculous. I doubt Daybreak could afford losing the majority of the European business.

On top of these, some players from Europe (dependent on ISP, not gaming platform) would encounter severe lag problems when playing on the US servers. Some things are really not as simple as fire and forget. At least not when they are expected to yield positive results.
    • Like x 2
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I care,and as others said It would make more problems that it wil make good.Sure it wil be more peoples but the names are Very important to some of us.Wish they did something different with the whole naming system.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was hoping this was referencing what I think it was, then I saw your sig. Well done sir.
    • Like x 1
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is a public forum, not email. If you don't want comments, don't post here; send a direct message to the devs.

If you post in public, people get to reply. Deal.
    • Like x 3
  5. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Clearly you’re going to suggest that lol! But I’m not needing into the latest content; it’s the older content i need. I’ve np getting into new stuff. But because once older content has been ran and feats accomplished - people don’t want to run those events again; and without incentive to run them - and new players able to up their cr opening TC’s - older content is becoming almost redundant.

If i can’t access events after trying in LFG, shout, people in leagues not wanting/needing/willing to help - how do I achieve these feats? Or should i just forget them and move on? Just keep running the new stuff.

You pay to play the game. All of the content! Now obviously the devs can’t control the numbers playing. But if the ever declining number playing is making it harder to gain access into events - shouldn’t something be put in place to allow people access without the need for the specified amount of people required? That’s what this is all about. It’s not about wanting to run that context because i love it. It’s feats - pure and simple.

And I’ve asked and asked repeatedly each day for people needing certain feat runs etc. Get a few saying yes now and then - and most the time whilst trying to get more people (even whilst queued in-case it pops) people get tired of waiting, and leave.

I stood yesterday in the WT around 7-8pm (GMT) Asking over and over and over, as often as LFG allowed for LPVE combi runs, it took 1+ hour to find 2 other people, and one left for whatever reason.

Obviously there’s a problem with the numbers on the EU server. And the numbers are effecting gameplay. Is it not upto the company to fix portal bugs if they are the reasons portals aren’t in place to everything? This isn’t me having a go! This is a sincere question.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No thanks, despite how bad PvP is, I don't want to be forced to quit.
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It would be nice if you cycled older content; similar to LPVE.
    Give special rewards, and thus an easy opportunity to get feats.
    "Raids and Alerts of the Week". Perhaps limit the CR to match content.
    • Like x 1
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

As far as incentives. There are ways, it's a matter of decisions. For example they can put stabilizers as rewards in the low contents. The stabilizer duos that we have today is not enough, since the odds in TC are so low.

One main concern to get veterans to play low tier content, while reward is good (many players have wanted legit ways to earn these); the experience should not be painful, which is hard to do is older content have been run many times already. Looking back at the old catalyst weekly format, it seems to strike a good balance between reward and time to do them.

Some complimentary options:
    1. Putting in on all lower tier content may be too many; can do it like the old calayst format where it's specific weekly instances. Or if they want to keep it fresh, rotate them.

2. Make the stabilizer reward not too replay-badge spammy. Seems like a technical hurdle on the current duo, where they opted @ 87 replay badges as a work around.

Stabilizers come in whole or fragments, they can work out the math where maybe shorter instances can give fewer fragments. But longer ones can give more. Keep in mind, end game toons can possibly blast through lower tier raids.

Basic goal is to make the incentive where people may want to play it once per week but not at a point where they want to spend replays on it.

3. Seals (regular) can also drop as incentives.

4. If you complete all the weekly tier stabilizer instances, you also get a seal of completion.

5. Make this reward account bound if you don't want alt farming... or since population is low (like villain+eu+xbox), maybe you do want to make it character bound.

6. Can double up the stabilizer rewards in lower content during "slow days" end of a DLC cycle, when other popular PC/PS4 games come out like Red Dead Redemption 2,..etc
    • Like x 1