Please allow

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DaPhun48, Nov 3, 2018.

1. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Show me the rudeness in the original post though. Point it out. ‘You’ construed it as being rude. ‘YOU’ it wasn’t aimed at ‘YOU’ it was aimed at the dev team. I don’t need you telling me how i should or shouldn’t word something not meant for you.

Where did i attack anyone? Lol! ‘YOU’ were the first to reply with something negative and attacking by suggesting i was being rude.
    • Like x 2
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if only there was a way to post a message over the weekend and have it read later on...
  3. Eve YouTuber

No, I'm begin polite. Look at how you write stuff before blaming others.
    And sir you are on public forums, you cannot expect players not to tell you when you are in the wrong.
    You talk to me and other players who disagree with you with such disrespect.

Also, since you won't bother:
    2) Communicate constructively
    - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.

3) Do not troll or make personal attacks - Trolling and attacking others is not allowed on Daybreak Games Forums or other Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels.
    • Trolling is posting provocatively with reasonable expectation of provoking an emotional response (intentional or not). Trolling can include:
    • Non-constructive feedback or comments.
    You're welcome.
  4. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Isn’t that what this is though?...
    • Like x 1
  5. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

So... when i wrote my initial message. That in no way attacked anyone personally. But asked a question, and made a statement. That was rude? Or was your personal attack on me by calling me rude trolling? Or was it simply an opinion? See - I wrote my message as a question for the devs. Also as a statement of my views on how I find the game and population. ‘YOU’ took it upon yourself to call me rude. Yet can’t point out said rudeness. Then attacked me by saying i was rude which in turn provoked a response. ‘YOU’ started this by calling me rude. Because ‘YOU’ made that judgement. Now you want to act all offended. And have also helped turn this thread into a drama-fest.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Not really. I'm staying pretty calm. I was talking about this:
    "P.s. this is directly aimed at the devs to respond. Not turn into a ******** thread about how ‘you’ have np getting into content and joining empty leagues, or what time you play at etc. This isn’t the US server! This is the UE server. If you can do all your content - fabby for you!"
    This is completely unnecessary in my opinion. And I'll add that I do agree with what you say, just not how you say it. that's why I find it rude.
    • Like x 1
  7. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Who’s excited? You think because i respond I’m becoming emotional? Lol! You don’t have to agree. It wasn’t aimed at you. If you think it’s rude, that’s on you. But it still doesn’t change the fact that i clearly stated that it was aimed at the devs. To ask if anything is going to be done to allow access into events, when you can’t rely on finding others.

The fact that less ppl play now & the time zone differences argument. Actually make it more of a necessity to put something in place to allow users to gain access into events that aren’t solo.

As someone stated - teleporters caused bugs. Fix them then. People pay to play! They expect to be able to play. Not to play just what the company wants you to play.
  8. Eve YouTuber

look I agree with everything you said, again just think the cursing part isn't helping. in my eyes cursing is begin rude.
    I play on EU I know how much problem we have to get into content, and trust me sometimes I get into content with
    immature people, so I just end up leaving and reporting. I totally agree something has to be done, I just think
    there's always a better way to say something so people will listen ;)

Have a good day, and sorry if you felt attacked.
  9. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

My apologies too. I didn’t mean any offence. I’m just a straight/forward person with my words. And it wasn’t actually cursing - it said itching with a b. Can’t understanf how that’s considered something cen-sor-ship (wow! You can’t even write that word without it being changed) worthy - But there ya go.

Have a nice day too.
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It is undoubtely a problem. And then complaining that there are not enough endgame players is absurd, because how is someone supposed to advance to current endgame with only solos?
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Slowly. And unprepared :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

What I have highlighted can be seen as rude. Especially the first two parts. One "talking crap." Not everyone does that. So its an over generalization. And two, asking the devs to respond to it, in the rude manner that you did, may not even give you a response. And then you complain that you don't want people turning it into one of those threads where they say they don't have a problem with it. Even having to censor a word.

As I said earlier, you can get your point across without putting poison on the end of the spear. I can understand your frustration. But you could have handled it better.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Clearly his sarcasm went over your head.
  14. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

YEET, GET 'EM JAMES!
  15. Bzzzztt Active Player

Ok, NOT going to touch the topics of courtesy, school/work schedules, time zones, etc. We shall consider those deceased equines to have been pummeled enough, thank you very much.

Now, it seems to me that a large part of the problem is simply that the high CR players have zero incentive to run lower tier content. They stick to End Game content because that's the only content where they earn any kind of rewards, thanks to the relevancy window thing. We need a way to entice them into older content.

Now, the following is my suggestion only. The idea expressed is mine, and I do not claim that it necessarily reflects the opinions of any other player, Daybreak Games, DC Comics, The American Lung Association, Carpenter's Union Local 442, The National Football League, or the Boy Scouts Of America.

Working title for this mechanic: "FlashBacks" (or, if it needs to not refer to The Flash, perhaps " Remember When ")

First, ditch the current Alternate Rewards boxes.

Add a FlashBacks setting on the On Duty menu, set to off by default. With it set to "off", any lower tier instance you join you can run at your current CR and plow through for whatever reason, but without rewards. Set it to "on", and you will join a lower tier instance voluntarily clamped to the highest CR the relevancy window allows. Treat it as if remembering an exciting mission from your past, or regaling your grandchild or sidekick with a story of your heroic/despicable exploits adventures. Also if set to "on", you will only be teamed with at tier characters or others that accept being thus clamped. Note this only affects duos, alerts, and raids, not solos or events tabs.

But wait, you cry, what in the name of Diana Prince's Lingerie would make them want to do that? Why, the addition of the FlashBacks Reward Box. Available only through FlashBacks mode, this box allows the clamped character to select two items from a randomized 8 item list as a reward. And make the list enticing! Let the loot table include rare styles, rare collection pieces, tokens worth 250 prestige for their league, tokens for X amount of any tier specific currency of their choice. How about one of those 5 marks of victory token things, 3 stabilizer bits, or a not found anywhere else 10K Nth metal piece? And, rarely, a Catalyst Cache box, and rarer still a Seal of Preservation or Seal of Completion (the rarest of all). Scaling gear of a new style only available via FlashBacks boxes. Etc Etc, you get the idea. Obviously, all FlashBacks rewards would be account bound, no selling these things on the broker!

While we're at it, why not add some FlashBacks feats? Complete 10, 25, 50, 100 ... infinity missions in FlashBacks mode. Lol, flashback to the CC bounties, defeat 5k reapers, and Bottled Gotham duos feats....

/LFG CR 245 healer lfg, willing to FlashBack
    /LFG Looking for more for T4 Feats group, FlashBackers welcome
    • Like x 2
  16. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Just merge EU and US servers! More players for everything! More fun for everyone! :)
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Nay! Then we would just have the character names problem again.
    • Like x 2
  18. AquiloFury Committed Player

As has been said...many times over in this post....there are many factors that play in to the problem of instances not popping.

Personally, i have a family..so my play time is limited. I run what I can and then bounce. Would I like more time to play and do older stuff? Absolutely...but my family time takes precedence over my game time. Also..and what I personally conceive to be the biggest issue is that once you have all feats, rewards, etc, you have no reason to go back. This is also why I think the flashbacks concept is a good one.

I don't mind helping people if I have time. However, the reality of the situation is that 9 times out of 10, I barely have time to run my dailies...but part of that blame falls on me for having 7 toons at endgame and TRYING to keep up with them all.

The capabilities of this game have come a long way, I hope one day either the flashbacks concept can be implemented or the game breaking bugs that would occur with walk-ins can be fixed.
  19. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Who cares? It would solve more problems than it creates.
    Last active name-to-be-changed gets it, the rest gets a free rename token. done. next.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We monitor population numbers carefully, and are always looking to direct people towards each other more as the game grows and spreads people out. We definitely recommend jumping into the current event content, as that is the most active and has the fastest queues.
    • Like x 2