Please add elite gear to R and D

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LeagueOfV, Apr 5, 2016.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

For those concerned that elite gear should only come from running elite content, the plan for elite pieces would only drop from the last boss of the elite raid or elite alert. So you do need to complete content to get the plan.

If there are concerns about lost revenue from replays, the gear could only be crafted after the next episode comes out, or even not until the 3rd episode would be OK with me.

I never got the chest or shoulders from the previous cycle, and I'm missing the back from this cycle. I have received elite drops, just happen to be about 4-5 belts and no back. Being able to craft elite gear would also give me a reason to run all the daily content for scraps, something I don't do now.
    • Like x 8
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Probably, but elite Gear is a joke and there is nothing ELITE about it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

Yes, and they need to add the out of date styles to the rare style vendor so we can finish off those pesky no star feats. I only have 1 piece of elite gear from UME and getting in a group every other week to complete a no star feat gets harder and harder as time goes by. I am still missing the legs from PBE. I don't believe that will ever drop.

I was lucky and got all of the pieces of the elite herald of the black. but that was only because I replayed the raid daily until I got everything.
    • Like x 2
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

For healers, yes, completelly useless, for DPS, not really good, but helps, for tanks, its ok, the troll role has gotten god benefits with the elite gear pieces, having the ability to put a additional power in the loadout and remove a almost "useless" one is OP.
    The OP is talking about the styles i think, theres no reason to have a elite piece when its gonna be replaced.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No it shouldn't be added to RnD unless you paid all 100 Marks to make one piece then by all means sure.

But the Dps elite gear is useless, the trollers and Healers have it better if they go for full Elite. Dps only stops a few dps from being received to you but it's by a small margin.
  6. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

If everyone had the same luck percentage I would be more inclined to agree with you. However, people that have run the content that just want the style should be able to get that style. Or on the other hand, everyone gets gear from the run or no one gets gear from the run. A luck based system is stupid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. I always get full elite eventually. Usually takes me the 2nd month to get full elite. The first 4 elite pieces takes me awhile, but when new content comes. I go back and get those pieces I'm missing to become full elite.

Shoot, people used to struggle with Grodd so I didn't bother trying. Remaining at 2 elite pieces. Then PZE came out got those elite pieces went back to PBE and got the last two elite pieces from there with ease.
  8. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I figured you were lucky based on your stance. But look at it from the perspective, if you were on the other end of the stick. If someone beats one boss or all three, it really does not matter, and it definitely shouldn't cost 100 marks, unless the cap was much higher. I don't really care about the elite styles like many do, but I do appreciate their desire to complete these sets.

If they were worth feat points, then I would have an issue. I often have to buy the stupid style on the regular portion....which is just ridiculous lol.
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The reason I go for Elite gear really, is becuase it a feat. It gives you zero points and just a mere title that I won't use, but that feat is counted towards my total feats. I feel the need to have all feats completed.

I'm only missing 28 Legend PVE feats atm. I have all Elite style feats currently in the game until Tier VIII comes.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I consider is "nice to have" for healers rather than essential. For trolls I believe it can make a huge difference.
  11. Senko Committed Player

I want the quickstrike elite for the look as my hazardrous environment suit but I haven't managed to complete a style normal or elite since . . before Happiness Home I think and those were ones I bought from the vendor not earned via drops because I have lousy luck on RNG and now I can't even buy them due to what marks I do earn having to go on the gear treadmill just to keep even.
  12. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Why 100 marks? And that's great you get elite gear with ease...I play with people that get full elite within two runs...I also play with people that reset the crap out of PZE and pbe and only have two elite pieces...

So....let's base the loot of this whole game on aqua's one sided opinion? No thanks...

What you should from here on out as loots is nothing but clover bombs....that'd make things fair
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It should have always been the Elite gear that we craft. It's insulting the amount of effort they ask you to put in if you want to use the system, for only the second (maybe even third) best gear available.

There are plenty of scrubs out there who beat only the first and second bosses, because they aren't good enough to beat the final boss, and obtaining all the pieces without even completing the content. So why should people who actually take the time to play every day and earn scraps be **** on?
    • Like x 3
  14. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I don't agree with making the plan a drop only (too much loot-luck involved yet again), but how about using the normal plan and just a single elite-component, which makes the item an elite-Piece. All other materials are the same Price, but you Need to get a single component from Elite-Content as "proof", that you have been running elite-Content to get Access to craft the item.

I'm also not happy about the latest style not being added to the rare style vendor. :confused:
    I bought the plan already, I have plenty of matter enhancers. But I'd still rather pay 70 marks for my last style Piece instead of crafting it for less marks, when I have to earn tons of scraps, which I'd rather be using for the non-drop-items instead. Especially since I got that last missing item as elite-item twice already, so I would just craft it, attune it, equip it and salvage it again for 6 scraps refund. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I agree with this but if they do this remove drop gear from raids and make BEST GEAR IN VENDOR. Elite Gear would be upgraded VENDOR GEAR.

This topic has been hashed out already in the past. I'm curious now if the devs have had a change on this stance and will be moving to best gear in vendor. I state this because now we have more options on obtaining additional marks than we had previously, where all raids now have an extra mark for us to pick from the loot table. Also, alerts, solod, and duo you may or may not get a mark.

I hope that is the new direction of the game.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I would have the elite plan be a guaranteed drop the first time you beat the elite raid last boss. That way you remove the luck based element for crafting elite gear.
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

Please don't encourage this "worse than nothing" crafting system.
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I feel like it is here to stay in the game, with them even adding it to the previous trio of monthly episodes. If they add elite gear crafting at least that would make it useful for trolls and some healers (non nature bugs). I agree with your assessment of the current crafting system.
    • Like x 1
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

The idea is there. But, as usual, the execution is sooo poor, it just looks stupid. Near insulting to the players.

This was well known before being implemented, yet months have gone by with no changes/adjustments.

But hey, thank god we have "mid range" adjustments going on. That .05% of the player base that even know what that is are happy.
    • Like x 1
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Working as intended.