Plea to the healers: Please WM

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Little MD, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Little MD Well-Known Player

I started to solo troll some DWF/DWFE/KCT and all that fun stuff. I initially thought I was a poor troll b/c I had trouble keeping the healers powered through the raid. And then I saw, from the past 3 DWF runs and 4 KCT runs these past two weeks, that NO GODDANG HEALERS are doing WM to conserve power. Here I am hitting all these recharge and PoT with WM, and getting yelled at for not being able to keep healers powered when they're just spamming heals with complete disregard for the troller.

I understand that you gotta keep the raid alive, but isn't there some sort of a cooldown for instant heals too? Also, I have never healed before, so I must ask: doesn't WM conserve power for healers as well?
    • Like x 1
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

It does conserve power.

It's a must especially for healing powers like electricity
  3. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Maybe you should try healing before telling people how to do it then?
    • Like x 8
  4. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Wm reduces the power cost of abilities, aswell as returning some power overtime as you continue to attack the enemy. Apart from Nature bug healers, every heal should be using wm.
    • Like x 2
  5. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Although i agree with you, what he has said is not wrong or unreasonable. Heals are spamming their powers without attacking at all so they put stress on the troll. Unless they're nature insects, its a huge burden on trolls.
    • Like x 3
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

More of a burden than solo trolling??? Knowing how to play all roles will make people better players in all roles too.
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Let me ask you this as a troller. Do you ALWAYS WM into your Pot and Power dump? When you see that the tank or healer or even the DPS is completely or about to run out of power do still do WM or just hit your power out? Now think of that scenario and think as a healer because unlike power when a player's health goes out or about to go out, you don't have time or may not have time before the next attack comes in.

Having said that, I am very comfortable with my handblaster's tap, tap and hold move to getting my power regen quick with the troller's assistance on power. I am so used to it that I can stop immediately without being caught in an animation to heal instantly or look out for incoming attacks. It really is up to the player's style to maximize their potential.

I also hate solo healing or trolling an instance. I'll do it with a warning to everyone in the group. That means conserve and use those colas and supply drops as needed and don't do any stupid moves that strains the solo healer or troll.

Now it is a completely different matter when you get in with a player that spams powers unnecessarily.
    • Like x 3
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

I can't always WM with Electricity.
    • Like x 2
  9. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

His point came from being the troll supplying the bealers with power. Essentially he is a healer, if we don't split terms.
  10. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

When it comes to healing, there is good spamming and bad spamming. When your group encounters a group of ads and yojr healer uses their whole power bar before the trolls stuns wear off and they cant even attack, is bad spamming.

Spamming heals in RiTE on black adam when the fire hits a couple of team mates is kind of a must.

Same goes for DWF and KCT. Especially DWF because of the drones that drain power. There's not always time to get off a wm combo first. And when the whole team gets rocked and u have to clip 3 heals quickly to get everyones life up, there definitely isnt time to do a wm combo in between each heal.

Its not really in disregard of the troller. Its just that when those life bars start droppin the heals need to be poppin.
    • Like x 5
  11. metalfenix Committed Player

Even on RIT normal, when black adam goes "Guards, to me!!!!" it's an alarm call to me, fire begins to appear, adds too and black adam goes bananas and begins to attck one member and you see his health bar going down almost instantly....so the spamming of heals begin. I'm still figuring that part to be more aggressive with the healing, sometimes I lose one member on those "rush hours".
    • Like x 1
  12. toyinbabeland New Player

^^^ This :)

To the OP: There's not always time to WM when healing, especially since much of it can be reactive.Sure, conserve power via WM on certain maintenance-type things, but taking that extra second or two to conserve a touch of power when someone needs to be caught is generally a really bad idea.

Think of it this way, if a situation calls for split-second awareness and reaction from a tank and they screw up then someone might start getting mauled. If a DPS screws up, they'll just blame the support roles. If a troller screws up, people will start belly-aching for power sometime in the next 30 seconds or so, maybe. If a healer doesn't catch people in time, folks die.

"Hey what gives? You didn't heal me in time!" "Sorry, I had to make sure that I got my WM off so I could conserve a little power."
    • Like x 8
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

on my sorc when i heal i use brawling wm and i can solo heal with out a troll so ya use wm when you heal ,it also helps with trolling as well so trolls should also be using wm
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Solo healing with Electric is a pain.

Even if you do use WM your nowhere near "Power friendly"

If you want a Power Friendly story, I'll leave you to Nature: The Bug Form Chapter 1.
    • Like x 1
  15. Morally Upright Well-Known Player

I can understand your frustration, and yeah WM can conserve a little power when healers use them. However, it's not always a viable option just based on the nature of healing in this game. Imagine if you as a troller started taking that extra second-plus to get your WM powersave off instead of just instantly stunning that BBS Reaver coming down the hallway. A lot of people might die right? Now apply that same thing to a healer every time they're forced to possibly heal through stupidity as they're often expected to.
    • Like x 2
  16. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

I use Shuriken Storm WM do I get a cookie?
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

When he calls the guards, just fly around to avoid the fire. It stops after a little bit and then you can attack Black Adam again. He does this 3 times.

(Just a tip in case you weren't aware, if you were, then ignore this. I've been in a lot of pugs that just don't understand it.)
    • Like x 3
  18. Solarverse Committed Player

I can't speak for every healer out there, but sometimes when I play my healer, I don't have time to use WM but every great once in a while. It's not because I don't want to, it's because if I stop to use it, somebody will surely die. Sometimes my teams are taking so much damage, it puts me at the brink of my seat trying to keep them alive, and using WM will result in several dead team mates.

Now...with a really good team, I have time to use WM and will use it every chance I get. Just wanted to give you the flip side of the coin there.
    • Like x 3
  19. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I've seen sorcery and celestial healers spam full auto :D
  20. metalfenix Committed Player

So, flying could save me from the fire? good to know, I'll test it tomorrow. But again, as you've said, most pugs surely don't know this (I haven't noticed that myself so I can't talk) so is still rush hour lol.