Playstation Name

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marine Death, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Marine Death Committed Player

I'm getting PlayStation messages all the time. I'm tired of reporting people because I'm either being accused of hacking Or harassing me because I give them the beat down in PVP.

If I'm wearing a unique Aura they assume I have extra ones. I don't respond to their tell And I know I'm getting a PSN message next.

Please remove PSN names from inspection. I beg of you. At least make it visible only to your league mates or friends. Perhaps make it a Settings choice.
    • Like x 7
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

put them on ignore and no.
  3. Marine Death Committed Player

Why not? Is there a reason besides no?
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

helps confirm alts, and makes adding friends easier
  5. Marine Death Committed Player

My original post has changed. Make it an optional choice in settings.
  6. Dynagirl Committed Player

Um, you do know you can change your settings of your psn account on who can send you messages right? It is under your privacy settings and can be set to anyone, friends only, or no one. One of the things I have learned from my years of playstation home.:D You think that's harassment? You never seen harassment until you make a female avatar on ps home back in its prime.
  7. rival exe New Player

yes hide it. psn has nothing to do with this game so it shouldn't be there.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

i disagree
  9. Marine Death Committed Player

I tried that but they send me a friend request.
  10. rival exe New Player

disagreeing with facts is pointless because it doesn't make them not facts.
    • Like x 3
  11. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Your PSN ID shows because it's part of PSN's ToS and has nothing to do with DCUO. All online PS games use your PSN to ID you, which you agreed to when you accepted the PSN ToS Agreement and EULA.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dynagirl Committed Player

You can change who can send you friend request in your privacy settings too. It can be changed to anyone, friends of friends, or no one. I have mine set on no one. If you want to be my friend you have to wait till I send you a request.;)
  13. Marine Death Committed Player

Source please?
  14. kawe Loyal Player

I wouldn't mind a toggle in the settings, can't hurt to have it.

I know these aura beggars, but luckily none went through he hoops of sending me PSN messages for something silly like that yet. xD
    • Like x 1
  15. Marine Death Committed Player

I'd would love to have a green names input on this.
  16. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Look at PSN's EULA or ToS, PSN name belongs to PSN and shows in all online games. (i.e. Madden, CoD, etc.)
  17. Will Power Loyal Player

I don't mind people knowing my ID and honestly I always have extras after all my inventory has a boat load of Auras out of the Lock box. What's the harm in replying and saying No I don't have any extra Auras Sorry doing that might be better than flying by with out reply as for the PVP beat downs they are just sore losers. Besides can you even hack DCUO via a PS4 that's just crazy talk, I hear PC side gets hacked but PS side I doubt that. However if said player wants to hide their Id they should have the right to do so. So I'm with you there. However their should be 2 options one that hides your Id and one that says show Id to League mates.
    • Like x 1
  18. Will Power Loyal Player

I have seen players with out Id's on DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  19. Marine Death Committed Player

True, I wonder how they hide it.
  20. Will Power Loyal Player

I think they are Devs masking their ID's while on work consoles.
    • Like x 1