Playing on the patch of our choosing

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Matrak78, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Matrak78 New Player

Hi everyone.

Another sad and resigned old timer of pvp on EU. Recently got back since some mates and I figured we'd have plenty to do with PVE alone after many years away, which we do.

Still, I'm getting the ache, the itch. After gaining a whole lot of new sp and beating some raids I wanna go cross swords with some real people and test my skill. So does the team.

Yet we all know pvp is beyond unplayable at this point. Here's what I was thinking.

Rather than reworking the whole thing again, how about just letting us chose with which settings (on which patch/GU) we want to play.

Some other games do that with absolutely no issues and without impacting their in game population (Overwatch off the the top of my head does it, I'm sure we can find many other examples).

This would I'm sure require minimum dev work, and would make a huge chunk of players come back to the game, grind pve, feats, (thus, spend some cash, I'm not hating on that, the DC team has to make money) and eveything in order to get stronger. It's a complete win-win situation.

Let us queue arenas with a "pre GU-41" setting, and watch the population double.

Stonks.

Tell me if I sound crazy, I can take it.

Peace.
  2. Illumin411 Dedicated Player

This would take it’s own dedicated server. From what I hear WoW has a legacy server for players to play it the way it originally was or something like that. A few people have suggested doing such a thing for DCUO before. It would be a pretty huge undertaking on the part of the devs and probably not on their radar.