Player Records

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zizzi, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

I personally love seeing my progress and personal records, so I came up with this idea. Basically we could have something in our Lairs that gives us information about our adventures.

PvP:
    Win-Loss record: This could be further sorted into 1v1, 2v2, etc.
    Biggest Win Streak
    Biggest Loss Streak
    Current Streak

Legends:
    Win-Loss Record, except this could also be divided into the individual Legends characters. Example: Batman record, Bizarro record, Steel record, Two-Face record, etc.
    Various Streak records mentioned above

PvE:
    Number of times this instance has been completed.
    Fastest time this instance has been completed.
    Record damage out in this instance.
    Average damage out in this instance.

What do you guys think? Also, this idea could probably be extended to Leagues when DLC8 rolls around.
    • Like x 14
  2. Statman New Player

This would be cool. It could be like little boards you can place on the wall that you can interact with, which brings up a screen of these things!!

Perhaps there could be various styles out there for them as well.
  3. Itazuki New Player

That would be cool. Like something on the wall in your lair that has all your "record" stats on it.

Though not sure how much work this would require to record all those stats....Might be asking too much.

It is a great idea though!

Not something public like on websites leaderboards, but something just for you to post on your wall so your friends could stop by and see. Or like trophies.
  4. drail27 Active Player

Sounds like a great idea!!
  5. Zizzi New Player

I understand it might be extremely daunting for the game to actually record all these numbers for all these players, but it would still be very nice to have :)
  6. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Sure! Someone posted on the idea of having trophies in our lairs like how there is a table for trophies in Super Smash Bros. Melee! Or Brawl. I never played Brawl. But we should get this combat record along with the trophies. And make it visible to people of your choice (give certain people permissions when you access it).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Zizzi New Player

I was actually thinking of one thing, like a giant supercomputer/TV with your records... Although I don't mind having it split up into different items with differing styles :)
  8. Zizzi New Player

With the new PvP seasons coming around this could also be implemented to record your stats per PvP season, and also show overall stats.
  9. Doc Holliday New Player

Would love this if its possible.
  10. ArcSin1 New Player

Sounds like something that would use more memory thus create more problems. Not that its a bad idea but if there's no feat pts associated then it's not needed IMO.
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

i like the idea but i wouldn't like seeing how many times i lost in pvp.
  12. aceCase Committed Player

W-L record would be a bad idea only because I feel it would INCREASE the amount of people who quit before losing a match. Sure maybe they'll fix it so that you get a loss if you quit but from my experience with things that involve W-L records(like in sports games), people will find a way to cheat the system.

From how the way matchmaking works, it sounds like there is already something in place that keeps tracks of wins that we don't see. They should probably keep it that way.
  13. Zizzi New Player

I honestly don't see how this will be a problem.
    I don't see how it would increase people quitting matches early. Quitting a match early would count as a loss for this.

Also, this isn't on display for everybody to see. It's only in your personal lair and whomever you allow to see :)
  14. Zizzi New Player

Any chance this could get implemented Devs? :)
  15. FrontlineR Well-Known Player

I always wanted to know my toon's statistics!
    I'm curious to know even things like.... Playtime. :rolleyes:

+1
  16. xThe BlackDeath New Player

I like the idea except for the pve part. Damage out is situational. If you kepp wiping as a group its possible to get 1 million damage out. I would just prefer win-loss count on pvp. That would be cool to see. Someone already mentioned the negative it could cause. Those people that would quit the match already quit anyways. Or it should have win-loss-quit count. That would mess with their heads. lol
  17. Zizzi New Player

That's true. Perhaps the damage out record would also have access to the scoreboard from that particular instance? That way one could see if they really did well or if their damage was just cumulative from wipes.
    The other option would also be the ability to reset any personal records.
  18. hugstar1208 New Player

For pve i'd love to see the addition of "best time in instance", espically for the speed feats would love to be able to look back and see how close i've come to achieving the target.

With regards to pvp i fully understand why they wont want to give us current stats but how about providing us with last seasons stats? Under my assumption that stats are re-set every season this would give players something to show their friends without affecting current game play.

All in all would love to get my hands on some stats. :)
  19. Xeranx New Player

I will support this idea so long as there's an option to not have it in my lairs. I might end up in minority of people that don't want this, but there should be an option to turn it off if you don't want it.

I don't play games to keep track of stats for kills, headshots, ammo spent, etc. I play a game for more than that: story and/or creativity of customization or just being a hero. The last thing I want is a record of times I've completed some bit of content. It's superfluous and holds no appeal for me. Any records of how many times I've done something are already listed in the feat listing if I decide to check and that's more than enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zizzi New Player

Of course! I know many people would love to see their stats but I know there are probably just as many that don't really care. I didn't say it was a requirement for our Lairs so you can easily not put it in your Lair/turn it off :)