Player leaving here with reasons.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, May 4, 2016.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Maybe the devs will see that how the game is now, it doesn't interest me anymore and I prefer to put my money in something better. it is only feedback and not to bash at the game and not to force other players to leave. But me, I leave. And been playing dcuo and paid for 2 years.

Because:
    1. There's no open world, nothing new added in our worlds, no new places, no missions, no special event. Only on duty and it can become annoying when you like exploring. What they do with my money? Our money?
    2. The power how they are made with all the update never stop, it is always the chase to be on top but i don't care, I just want to have fun but the community in game play in a way i can't take it anymore. There's rarely teamwork.
    3. The tutorials to explain the game and class and support roles, even dps is not there. Yes they made it in the website but the players play in the game, not the website. The devs could teach them if they would decide.
    4. The way they mix high and new players is not right to me. Getting in the way like this just ruin the experience of others. Devs seem to not want to do anything about it but I see how in others mmos like ffxiv, the level synch is better than what dcuo offer.
    5. The replay badges and how they want us to spend more money even though I pay my monthly sub and can't find other ways to add more in the marketplace with microstuff, styles, etc.
    6. No improvement, no new UI, bugs there for years and crashes, downtime, we got a lot.
    7. Pvp left behind.
    8. The stories not interesting anymore with lack creativity, the animated cutscenes gone.
    9. The progression that allow us to skip contents with the gears. Seriously I'd like it better with xp. The longevity and stability of the game would be better than wanting us to rush to end game.

I think I will stop there but here are the reasons I leave and maybe will come back if things change for the better, I hope. There are potential for this game, but now no.
    I'm gone. That is my feedback.
    Bye bye.

P.S. Not giving stuff away.
    • Like x 33
  2. Kreachure Committed Player

Can I borrow your stuff?
    • Like x 18
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I said no.
    • Like x 7
  4. Kreachure Committed Player

:oops:
    • Like x 4
  5. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

This game has stopped feeling like a MMO and more like multiplayer game like Call of Duty. Que up, go to map, kill stuff, exit, repeat. I just started leveling a new toon, and kept thinking "If only the end game is like this."
    • Like x 21
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't understand why you're leaving this feedback... I mean I get you're quitting because you're unhappy with the game and you're voting with your wallet (which should always be how it's done with anything you have to pay for) but at least half of the items on your list have been covered (mostly saying this because you are acting like things are going to stay the way they are).

To prove it:

2. Were months away from the completion of power balances... the discussion they have opened up today has been out for one day but you can argue that it was done for the very reason that once were done with the next four powers and the weapon update will be done.

3. While we get the "this game doesn't have tutorial" stuff all the time. But remember the one time that we actually had a "tutorial" system existing during the ship... folks found it too complicated and gave up. That's why they fixed the ship the way they did.

5. No one needs to buy replays to get all the styles or to be on top of gear. I haven't bought them in ages... I rarely use them outside of unlocking feats. Sure the game chases gear... it has since T5 and origin crisis til it backpedaled til Hall of Power 1. The appreciation weekend is the closest thing you could get to saying they stuff replays down our throats... which I don't personally think is fair... but than again I didn't replay anything that weekend.

7. We had a PvP fix over the holiday... were not even half a year into this game and look at the things that the team had to establish... crossplay... xbox... need I say more. They also insisted once the PvP changes hit that they were not the final ones.

8. You're leaving at a time where were going to get some of the best stories (the harley stuff alone is probably going to be some of the best content we get all year from the looks of it, I'd love the devs to prove me wrong though). Sure we don't know they play but we know at least three instances so far in the coming months aren't reused maps. The animated cutscenes were too expensive.. they have stated as much and we haven't had them in years... I miss them but that is not something that I truly need to have fun in this game.

9. They've announced their looking into a new progression system.. until anyone sees it, well I think it's unfair to call them out when they announce they want something in addition to gear and skill points to help with progression. Judge freely once it's out but til than.. not fair if you ask me.

Covered more than half your reasons... I don't pay any individuals sub but my own so if you feel it's like your time to leave than enjoy your journey. I do think some of your feedback sounds like more of a complaint without a realization of things that have happened or will happen, but hey that could just be me too.
    • Like x 5
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Have a good break. Definitely check the forums once in a while. I'm sure something will catch your attention again in the future.
    • Like x 3
  8. Morsy808 Committed Player

To add to that, the constant crashes/disconnects and the way these issues are never fully fixed. Just place a bandaid over it and hope it goes away. I've only been back a few months after a year off. There are still issues lingering from then. Hud issue being the most predominant one. 4 times I had to login/logoff this afternoon just to get a hud.
    • Like x 7
  9. Morsy808 Committed Player

But yeah, I foresee myself taking another extended break soon. I'm giving the devs a chance to fix it with the game update accompanying episode 24.
    • Like x 2
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Tbh i dont think anything u said covers or addresses any of it. A pvp fix? Really? When was the last pvp season? Yea they revealed the next 3 episodes stories but we havent actually seen em yet so no idea how they are. The game has no tutorial for support roles. Brainiac ship never taught support. And the dps updates have been happening for all 3yrs and 3 months ive been playing. Probably longer.
    • Like x 13
  11. Sam Hannah Well-Known Player

We are NO WHERE near power balance, we're actually worse off. Powers are no closer to balance then they were 5 years ago. And 6-9 months after they finish with all the mid-range, they will come out with another damage based thread. Hell, they have already come with another damage update thread. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...n-update-on-melee-combat-and-counters.272966/
    • Like x 8
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

While I respect your decision to leave, and the way you didn't rant and instead listed specific things you dislike, I can't help but notice everything you listed has been going on for a long time. None of it is new, and it makes me wonder why you are just now leaving.
    • Like x 4
  13. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Sadly you are not alone my friend many other players including myself feel the frustration of the issues you mentioned and many more. I too will be taking another break from this game (subbing at least) until they catch up on some of these long overdue issues and start prioritizing the quality of life in this game over rushing to pump out more new-ish (predominately recycled) content.

Best wishes in whatever you choose to take up in place of DC. Be sure to check back in every now and again to look for any changes made to improve the game :)
    • Like x 7
  14. coco Committed Player

Oh man, although I never played with you in game, I liked your personality in here. So you will be missed! I understand your reasoning though thats why I left for 6 months and just came back recently. Ffxiv I tried it was to boring for me. I can tell you stay far away from Onigiri though, it's a good game but support is horrible, chance rolls on mp items, oh and the lag is actually worse than this, a lot worse! Well best of luck to you!
    • Like x 3
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Have a nice break. See you in a week or so. :)
    • Like x 4
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I love your Sig! lmao
  17. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I actually Saved that when I first say it and sent it to my Fiancé' We have a John Cena mask that floats around the house for random SURPISE JOHN CENAS!!!!!

Kreature, you need to put a link back to your videos. How to have fun in DCUO. Those are awesome!
    • Like x 2
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Ever heard of the saying ,I had enough, lmao.
    • Like x 10
  19. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Break? Lmao im done.
    • Like x 3
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Green response read. Lol.
    • Like x 5