Platform Discrimination - Love for Xbox, Lag for everyone else.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NanananananananaBatman, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

You know what i find twisted? The fact people are saying some of us have a twisted version of what entitlement is, while complaining that Xbox got some rewards that you guys feel entitled to have yourselves.
    • Like x 2
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha for a person who said they don't care on page 2.... thought you had "bigger fish to fry"?
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Indeed, i don't. Nobody got anything, and nobody quit. So any comment from me is simply explaining my PoV on the matter, not expecting anything to change.

Out of all DCUO's problems, this isn't one that much of a blip seeing how its been 10 years of hiccups like this. DCUO would be giving out compensation like every other day, if any other platform encountered an issue outside of your own. Ya still want compensation because "they got something"?
    • Like x 1
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Our community has gotten weird recently. Its always been split on subjects but nowadays it seems like its either you agree or your wrong. Before we used to have somewhat civil discussion but now its most one side with a agenda forcing the opposition out. I just can’t understand the divide in this thread. Tbh the next vacation they send me on i think im done w the forums because us 20 players make very little change dispite all the time we put into here even if its arguing in dumb threads like these. I log in everyday and u know it used to be real gameplay stuff going on.. i miss arguing about pvp or how the dlc are to easy, how we need more iconics and cool storylines... now all we talk about is speeders and fairness.

I have a pretty legit thread about hand blasters with almost 20 likes but cant get a response but they can pop in weird threads and talk about weird anti cheat nonsense that realistically wont work. I just feel we’ve lost our way guys..
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The community has always been like that ever since I joined. There's always guys waiting to dismantle & discredit your arguments, even more so in PVP. There's been some folks on here in the forums that have been willing to see eye to eye, or even politely point out disagreements; but those guys are kinda few and far between.

Heck, I remember when the developers first did cross-play with PC and Playstation and all the PS guys were trying to give the PC folks crap because PS had the better number of players. "We PS guys saved you PC folks." And it's like: No. Yall didn't save us, the developers did because they implemented the crossplay to begin with.

I can only imagine the bickering returning when Switch/Xbox gets a chance at crossplay with the other platforms; point being: You'll always have those guys who have nothing better to do than start-up crap on a daily basis, just look at the in-game trade chat and you'll see what I mean.

There shouldn't be any Divide in this thread, the other platforms should've also been compensated; there's no question. But in my opinion, Xbox should've been given more than the other platforms; because Xbox is the most expensive platform to experience DCUO on right now.

PC gets to play for free.
    PS gets to play for free(PS plus isn't required.)
    Switch is the third least expensive(Nintendo Switch online is required; but it's only like 5 bucks per month.)
    And Xbox is the most expensive with it requiring XBL GOLD at 10 bucks a month or 15 if you OPT for Game Pass Ult.

So.. if you Opt for Legendary Membership status and want to play DCUO right now:
    PS & PC'll be a simple 15.
    Switch'll be around $20
    And Xbox'll be either 25 or 30 depending on what you opted for.

And yes.. I'm aware Xbox's looking at making F2P games to no longer require XBL Gold; but I don't think they've implemented it at all yet.

Honestly, if you want my 0.02 on your situation; I'd say probably just take a break from the forums. It's what I did because I also felt fatigued from just seeing how everything was going on.

• Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hey everyone. Long time no see.

This gift for Xbox is actually the change you're calling for. We would like to be more generous in taking care of players if/when these kinds of issues occur in the future. It's as simple as that.

Couple of things:
    • This was extreme. If you owned certain versions of the console, you could not play the game. Not, like, "literally unplayable" because a mechanic fires a quarter second too late - actually, literally unplayable.
    • That extreme nature was reflected in the gift.
    • This was an opportunity for us to discuss again what we want to do in these kinds of situations, and after discussion - as you can see - we went in a different direction than we have in the past. Some people internally were advocating very hard on behalf of the communities to make a change here.
    • No, we will not go back retroactively and send out gifts for issues that happened in the past.
    • No, this doesn't mean every issue will warrant a gift like this, either in size or at all.
    • Like x 18
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Everyone on PS/PC
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Hey Mepps, thanks for the response.

Glad you guys are starting to look at compensation based on issues.

Just please, for the love of all, don't do that extra legendary. That really messed me and a lot of people up back when the lizard squad was happening. I ended up not having legendary for 3 days, when I was supposed to get 3 free days.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We can't mess with membership time outside of PC, so that's pretty much out.
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Thank Goodness! <3
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I know you already replied in the past about this topic but please work further to give us a merge between xbox/ps/switch etc.
    The lower the population the more people stop playing dc and the fun goes away the more players there are in the same server the more fun it gets.

Elder scrolls online for example put all fractions into one years ago DC still has villains and heroes split.
  12. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Thank you, thank you and Thank you.

This is literally all I was asking for. Nothing crazy or extreme and no retroactive gifts, just an explanation about your process. I appreciate you listening and responding.
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I myself was hoping that it wasn’t an exception to the rule but rather the start of new “rule” altogether and assuming this isn’t lip service, you confirmed it. After all, ya always gotta start somewhere. Good form. :)
    • Like x 2
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

So in other words: It's not about it being XBox. It's just a new approach this instance on and the first instance it got to be used on just so happened to be specifically with XBox. And the compensation was mostly just giving them the currency they would have made normally and it was granted to them not so they got more but so they didn't get less due to not having as much time or chance to get it as the rest of us, plus some inconvenience compensation. It was balance, not special treatment. Think of it like feeding two animals. If you feed the hungry one and not the one that just ate, that isn't discrimination. The latter simply does not need the help. However if and when they do, they will get it. They just don't need it in this instance.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.