Platform Discrimination - Love for Xbox, Lag for everyone else.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NanananananananaBatman, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NanananananananaBatman New Player

In case you all weren't aware Xbox players recieved all of the following for missing 2 days of play earlier today :
    • 1 Resurgence Mega Capsule - Unlocked
    • 100 Replay Badges
    • 50 Source Marks
    • 50 Hearts (Valentine's Event Currency)
    • 20 Solar Credits (Long Live The Legion Currency)
    • 150 Time Beacons (Long Live The Legion Currency) .
    I can think back to when I ( and many others - it was acknowledged on the forum it was a recurring issue in big red letters for days) was forced to miss 4+ days of play back in November due to patching issues that the devs claimed wasn't their fault and was the problem of a 3rd party they were using (like it always seemingly is when extreme lag , logoffs , and downtime seems to occur) during one of the only bonus weeks that matters to me. I posted about this , asking for at least what I had missed for the bonus week and got both lectured by a bunch of sycophants and people griping how much worse it's been in the past and also had several people agree with me and that it was hot garbage they wouldn't do anything about it. Which ultimately they didn't , neither support or the devs did anything to resolve it and it eventually got buried. I had discussed with some other "well known" members around here who agreed it was unfair but they refused to post possibly out of fear of scrutiny by the devs but they said basically nothing ever gets done regardless of what they say - which frankly if you read this you might who know who you are and I honestly find that defeatist and sad. Moreover if it's because you're well known , and I'm a relatively new member , I find that behavior reprehensible and if this results in anything , hopefully you change those spineless attitudes since you will also likely be benefiting.
    Well now , this is just about the nicest thing i've seen thing given out for a downtime and as much as it is a nice gesture , why only give that to one of the smaller portion of your playerbase and ignore and annoy the larger platforns on which you have far more players ? This makes 0 sense and honestly seems like an inadvertently rude gesture to the majority of your players in a way. Maybe this is the first gesture to make up for a long recent history of abysmal server issues , but there is nothing indicating as of yet anything will be done to make it up to the other platforms. Discuss.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  3. Aesthete Well-Known Player

This is going to be an interesting thread....

What i'd like to add is that DCUO is the only MMO I've played where players aren't usually compensated for loss of downtime. We've had quite of bit of them this past few monthts too. I personally don't mind as i'm mostly casually playing but I do understand the frustration from other players.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I must admit, I am curious why the Xbox players got this level of compensation for 2 days downtime when there's been equivelent technical down times on other systems where nothing remotely similar in compensation was offered.

Is it possible Microsoft holds Dimensional Ink to a higher expectation level with regard to this sort of thing when down time occurs?
    • Like x 9
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Yea this is absolutely nonsense when every day last week there was a thread up about lag and long log in screens that were on playstation / pc. A few of them still exist but were locked early this week.

While i will definitely admit that this sorta looks like a stimulus booster to xbox, which i believe is needed.. idk if youve played over there but there 100% needs to be a merge.

It is crazy how much lag there is across the board and i may be wrong but we’ve never got something like that. I switched my powers 4 times last week ( guys... i ended up just going back to my original.. complete waste of money) so u cant say im not a paying customer that doesn’t deserve to know why xbox got this stimulus but not playstation

100 replays can be turned into what 25-30mil? in game
    50 seasonal currency that can buy you whatever u want on the vendor
    1 mega capsule that’s guaranteed a material & possibly more
    1 mega capsule also give players the possibility to get 280 gear while we all had to either open a capsule or grind out the 1 chicks gear!

Now im not saying we on playstation deserve all of that,They missed 2 days of play. The capsule is probably the most reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  6. Superboy Prime New Player

Seems a little silly for ps/pc players to be upset about xbox players getting a gift when the devs have to do some mass banning at least once a year on your side. We don't need a merger. Things are reasonably priced on our side
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd have to wonder if it was more of an issue of it being more widespread across that platform than anything else. We've had instances before where a tech issue of some kind was affecting some players but not a huge number of them, like (as a general example) lag or some disconnections while switching characters. There have been times where those kinds of issues have been brought up in the forums and some make it out to be a situation where the game is unplayable (hyperbole in the forums?! Inconceivable!! LOL) but I've had no problems with logging in and playing.

If the devs took the time earlier in the week to announce the compensation for the Xbox players, to me that means it wasn't just a few people on the platform being affected by the issue. Those kinds of remedies tend to be used only when something goes SERIOUSLY wrong.
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Maybe given the population? Maybe Daybreak wanted to give an incentive to stick around.
    • Like x 3
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im an advocate for equal treatment assuming equal footing. In this instance im unsure if we are comparing apples to apples here so i will grab my popcorn an watch this thread explode and wait for a green comment lol
    I will say this:
    It is the rite thing to do IMO to toss out some bones anytime theres an u expected reset or downtime or it goes outside a reasonable range etc. theres games i have played that tossed freebies consistently for even 30 min of downtime. Tossing freebies cost the company ne t to nothing and its always a good show of faith. I think if apples to apples, its NEVER good to compensate some an not all. Gives a bad appearance.

That said, popcorn is in hand i await the tasty comments
    • Like x 4
  10. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

11. NanananananananaBatman New Player

Bolded are two very good points. I have never seen such a flippant response to widely experienced game issues in over a decade of playing MMO's of all types. I have no idea why Xbox is getting such special treatment and basically being pampered for a relatively small amount of downtime whereas other platforms have had not only longer actual downtime but chronic problems that are only met with excuses and "its not our fault" from some of the people who's job it likely is to fix them. Sounds like the one guy on here who admitted to playing on there is happy with his little server and wants it to stay that way. Blaming an entire population of multiple platforms moreover those who constitute the vast majority of the playerbase of this game for the alleged actions of a few bad actors is pretty ignorant. Honestly, I have never heard of such ban waves but I'll admit I've only been playing about a year . However, this game likely still wouldn't exist if it was just an Xbox game. I'm not so much mad you guys got gifts for half the downtime (heck its a step in the right direction - but again for a very small percentage of the playerbase) , many of us have had in the recent past so much as it's irritating we got ignored for double the downtime in the very recent past , in addition to myriad other issues with lag , crashing , login/patching issues and more .Not to mention the wise-"behind" responses from players who claim to have been through even longer downtimes (not disputing that you have - it's completely believable that you did and that they also did absolutely nothing to make up for it - just I wasn't there at the time to witness them). and also got nothing . So apparently, they'd rather perpetuate the lesser treatment than get it fixed. Here's some news, if they do something to make it up to us , you'll benefit too .

To the sycophant up there (not quoted) talking about he's never had problems logging in , last time this was brought up , you admitted you supposedly steered clear when the downtime was in big red letters on the forums - that would imply you too acknowledged it as a significant problem affecting a large portion of the playerbase , so you might want to get your story straight before you regurgitate the same malarkey. Bringing me to my next point, there is a pretty large level of censorship on these forums . Be it from the first time I tried posting , it took several days for them to approve my response to a topic , locking and deleting topics that are truthful about the many problems with how the game is run , to skewing or flat out misrepresenting votes and altering rules well into the course of a survey or discussion. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks always sticking up and making excuses for all the server problems , lag , downtimes, and just flippant dismissal of how poorly this game is run at times have some stake in either the company, are personal friends or devs, or heck who knows maybe some of the devs themselves with another account. I don't know why you'd be in support of a chronically problematic server and rather keep making excuses for it than chiming in to get it fixed , or at least get similar treatment to make amends like they did for Xbox players.
    • Like x 1
  12. Critical Massacre Committed Player

You guys have to understand that Xbox population isn’t anything close to the PlayStation PC side. So if Xbox players can’t play they move on to a different game and then get sucked in and stay on that game. The ones that come back can’t play the content because they can’t get enough people on to Q content or form parties for bounty bosses. So then they lose interest and leave. This creates a spiral to the entire platform. So this is a great incentive to come back, which in turn brings numbers back up and keeps the platform running. If half the people on the PlayStation PC side drop out then you’d still have enough people to play the content.
    • Like x 3
  13. NanananananananaBatman New Player

Bolded is another good point. To the guy with the post above mine, I'm not accusing you of shilling when I say the following - no you merely provided a hypothetical explanation. However, as the player/consumer/customer/whatnot is it really our place to understand their marketing perspectives and all the intricacies of how they line their pockets ? So because Microsoft might take away whatever stipend or whatnot the devs have scrambled out of fear and given them tons of gifts ? It takes some people 35 days playing every single day to even get enough stabilizers to open a mega cap , why was Xbox given this and so much more , for 2 days of downtime , while something like 4 days of downtime a few months ago gets nothing on other platforms , never mind chronic lag , logouts, and various other technical errors over the past few months. Instead of any gesture of wanting to fix this , we're almost always met with "it's not our fault , and an unnamed 3rd party is to blame" .... Well when you're the ones in charge of the game and you chose to hire an alleged 3rd party the blame at the very least falls with you for continuing to rely on said 3rd party instead of getting it fixed the first few times. It really feels like a reach for players to have do all these mental gymnastics to explain the dev's flippant treatment of the majority of the playerbase when problem occur on the platforms that make up the largest portion of it. Heck I welcome a green comment , last time I posted something regarding this during the actual downtime there were hundreds if not close to a thousand views, and no dev response in sight.

All this being said, I too have popcorn in hand. Admittedly , it may be saltier than some of the varieties some of you are eating , or at least I'm the only one willing to admit that for whatever reason.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

If the populations were the same, likely Daybreak wouldve given us all the same treatment. But given the population state of Xbox and Switch they need to do their best to keep that community alive, so i get giving out a few rewards to keep players around. PS/PC dont suffer population issues, so i can why Daybreak were selective in this matter.

If you want the free stuff for interruptions like Xbox, make a Xbox account and try dealing with a population that is hardly able to support itself, and see if you want to stick around.
    • Like x 3
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you just know that one resurgence capsule is the one thats going to drop EVERYTHING.
  16. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Don't really have a horse in this race but the only thing that should matter at the end of the day is whether a paying customer's experience was affected. It shouldn't matter what console you are on or what population issues there are, interrupted time on my dime is interrupted time on my dime.

Any company worth their salts and that cares about retaining player base will make darn sure to compensate players equally across the board.

This should not be a isolated incident. As others have pointed out other mmos give out stuff for even a half hour of downtime and glitches.

In this game we have things like Light Stream Auras, All of which I bought and paid for being completely unusable on my Speedster toon after months and months and even after them saying they have a fix in the process. No compensation for that.

Massive lag, glitches in instances forcing one to restart from the beginning, and disconnects making the game practically unplayable at times. No compensation for that.

People really need to stop accepting some of these practices. Not only accepting it but outright defending it. It's plainly odd and more than a little dumbfounding.

We can all agree that we enjoy the game, but it is not without it's problems.

I would hate to be in a business that any of you folks defending this stuff run.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DAYBREAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.

IN NO EVENT WILL DAYBREAK AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAYBREAK ENTITIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY DAYBREAK GAME(S). NONE OF THE DAYBREAK ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR FOR ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED. NONE OF THE DAYBREAK ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY, OR ANY INFRINGEMENT BY A THIRD PARTY OF ANOTHER’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR OTHER RIGHTS. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY DAYBREAK ENTITY(IES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE DAYBREAK GAMES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, THE DAMAGES TO WHICH YOU MAY BE ENTITLED SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAISNT ANY DAYBREAK ENTITY(IES) WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF ANY DAYBREAK GAME(S) ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.

Unfortunately once they hit "Agree" on the EULA, they've accepted Daybreak isn't liable for squat. Also you're opening a very dicey can of worms. Because if a bug or glitched happened on any platform, every platform would have to get compensated even if their platform wasn't affected. Do you agree with this?
    • Like x 3
  18. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Never said I was owed anything. I said that any decent company compensates their loyal customers for downtime. Period. Do you need help with that statement too?

Every company has disclaimers like that now which means that no, they don't HAVE to do anything. But a good company will.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Yeah no, that is not what I mean. People are saying that in similar instances where outages have occurred on those platforms that there has been no compensation. No one is saying that everyone on every platform should get compensation for a isolated issue on a single platform. We are saying that these glitches and issues have occurred in the past on other platforms and there has been no compensation for those respective platforms at that time.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yea, because we are a much larger sect of the community, Xbox and SWITCH dont have much of a community and cant afford to lose it, since MMORPGs live and die by the community inhabiting it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.