Planning to Return

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cruize, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Cruize Active Player

I'm currently tired of grinding in BDO, so I decided to give this game another look and was just wondering how Light and Quantum is doing right now in terms of Controller viability as those are the only powers I am currently interested, also curious how Water is viable for healing roles.

When I last played the game I seemed to have noticed that once you have done your daily/weekly instances it seems that there is nothing to do anymore (I don't like to PVP anyways), are there any changes so that I am kinda rewarded for doing open world missions and stuff (not counting collections, etc)?

Thanks
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

With our new augment system, farming in open world and farming for gear to salvage is a thing to do.
    • Like x 2
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The new Augments systems is sweet and idk if your aware of artifacts but they are here and also tons of new content .

Dos= Deat of superman 3 parts to it .

Some of my favorite historians are not on or busy to answer this but I thought I pop in and say there is allot of goodies now ^-^.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cruize Active Player

Is the game pay to win now as I seem to have read that you can get some gears when opening loot boxes?
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

The gear from Time Capsules is always 1CR lower than the highest dropped gear you can get. So it's not really usefull past the style it gives.
    The game itself is not pay to win at all. But you can pay for your convenience to not grind that much. Tho I have to say that as a subscriber the 500DBC monthly are enough to hasten your advance through artifact tiers and such.
  6. Cruize Active Player

@Schimaera

Yea, if I ever do come back I'm going to definitely sub.
    Just wondering whether to use my Quantum or Light to go Controller.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Good idea Cruize,

my tip would be to save your monthly DBC for either Seals of Preservation or 1 Seal of Completion per month. The Breakthrough chances of Artifact and Adaptive Augment Ranks get lower on the higher Ranks. And the seals prevent you from farming your materials you need for breakthroughs.

I personally would advise you to go quantum if you're in mainly for Controlling. The teleport is really cool and your SC Generator is imo more handy than Lightweight Strike. IIrc you're also a bit better in SC generation with Quantum, but I could be wrong.
    Light is probably the better dps, though I believe that Quantum performs really good there, too.
  8. Cruize Active Player

Thanks for the tip especially the latter one as I don't seem to have any background on artifacts yet.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In theory you should end up with the Artifacts starter mission available when you log back in, regardless of your CR/spot in tier progression. It's a fun little mission from Constantine and should give you a good starting point for learning about Artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cruize Active Player

Are all loots personal loots now also, what are there to do once I have finished all my instances for the weekly lockout?
  11. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

YES
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Dailies, farming exos, returning to older content for styles or base items, etc. Or if you really did all of that, maybe enjoy the sun, play something else, go outside, etc Idk. I think there is really enough to do.
    You could even run stuff a few tiers lower to salvage gear for Exobytes and to get a few more Marks of Victory for styles or Catalysts.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you don't run alts, there's not that much other than what's been suggested. You can also run the event version of the latest episode to help you level faster. That includes the open world missions, a duo, an alert and 2 raids.