Pick 1 Scoreboard or Mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Aug 16, 2017.

1. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

As someone who is a tank 99% of the time for my league i rarely dps the scorecard is still a very important tool. For example when we try new players out for our league(people only try out in support role) we look to see if they are doing comparable healing out to one of our leagues healers we look to see if the troll were trying out has comparable power out to one of our league trolls. getting rid of the score card will make it nearly impossible to find the weak link in a group be it a bad dps or a healer that is just lazy with there heals or a troll that has bad power management.

I wouldnt be opposed to adding more things to the scoreboard though such as pickups!!, mitagated other players from damage(like troll shields and healer shields do), cogs hit, and so on.

Besides these "get rid of the scoreboard" threads are as old as the game is and its never going to happen
    • Like x 2
  2. Ully Committed Player

This is a great post. Of course, the scoreboard isn't perfect and I think a slight overhaul is needed but your post outlines the practical advantages of having such an option in the game. Certainly, the scoreboard is something I use when comparing my damage to other players with the same power in real-time applications, as opposed to parsing numbers in a non-realistic and static environment. I think that's a big advantage, in terms of figuring out situational loadouts and fine tuning your playstyle, whilst also observing the same factors from other players with the same power.
    • Like x 1
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Whats funny is .. raids like

Lab or "LoL" is a prime example when ou are in a pick up group or a queue... how many dps stop damaging to pick up the rocks or the fire barrel or try to stop the medusa statuesthey will kill the adds youre trying to turn to blocks....
  4. Dene Devoted Player

LOL

yep.. I understand.. to me that is no different to a troll not giving power, or a heal that is over healing when yellow is full etc - ppl need to understand that tasks like that barrel are EVERYONE'S job not just some fantasy assigned role task. DPS like thathinder more than help