People Who Park Themselves at The Beginning of The Stabilizer Mission... Or Wherever

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Dec 8, 2017.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

I had one person stand there going, LOL are you done yet? He didn't move from the start I killed the adds went back to the beginning stood there next to him. I was going to solo it till he typed that. He kept typing LoL over and over while he just stood there, so I stood next to him for like 14 or 15 minutes till he went and killed the boss.

I normally end up soloing it doesn't bother me till I get a rude person like the one I just mentioned.
    • Like x 5
  2. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Yes! But it not just a stabilizer run....I’ve seen a lot of that in duo and seasonal also. Yes, I could solo the duo easy but I will not carry them....if you don’t wanna play then don’t que that my logic...so if they stay around and doing nothing then I will do the the same and let see who quit first.

When I ran into people that doing nothing in seasonal I normally just post in a group chat “Name” if you don’t wanna play don’t que and expect to get loot doing nothing....then I vote to excuse myself.
    • Like x 4
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have seen it a few times but as already mentioned that thing can be soloed so and your done in less than 2 minutes.. Of course then you basically hand your so called "team mate" a free gift of fragments.

The one's I TRULY love on that mission are the guys in such a hurry they will zoom inside while you are opening the door to the chamber and then.. you get locked out and have to use the golden circle to get inside. "Wow the whole mission takes like 1:30 or less to complete and your in such a big rush you can't give me three seconds to walk in WITH you?" I never have but a couple time I seriously contemplated standing out there and watching them do everything... Hey MAYBE that is what they wanted? LOL

Sadly as we all pretty much know this is nothing new. I can hardly wait for the anniversary event and those players hanging out at the entrance.. to make sure it doesn't close up and stick us inside. SHOULD I LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT WAS SARCASM?
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

If I'm not in a hurry, I wait on them and in few moments they fly inside. Or I kill only the waves and wait on boss.
    I hate when This is happens, It shouldn't happen. Just play and earn your stuff. Why do people feel the need to be carried?
    • Like x 3
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Oh thanks. I totally thought this was a life or death situation. Really helpful post.
    • Like x 3
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'll just stop and tell them to help if they wont I tell them I'll be back in 20 minutes going to McDonald's.
    • Like x 3
  7. Saami Loyal Player

In Stabilizer event i move forward little bit and wait, if the other person do anything. If they dont move, then i just wait some more.
    Best thing to do is stay calm. Never say anything. Dont do anything. Just wait with them. Never show that you are annoyed. It feeds them.
    • Like x 3
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Too much of this going on these days. Quick fix would be to implement the PVP Starting Area rule into instances like this. Wait outside and you get auto-kicked in 15 seconds.
    • Like x 6
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Or you could say, "Hope you don't mind? But my 4 year old is gonna play this one."
    • Like x 2
  10. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

That stupid door in every Stabilizer mission closes way too fast. Every time I operate the controls, if the other player enters when the door opens, it closes before I can move to the opening too. No other mission locks out so quickly. I have even tried to time it to enter almost at the same time as the other player if he or she operates the controls and still get locked out if a fraction of a second too slow.
    • Like x 2
  11. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Why did stabilizer mission had to be a duo in the first place, why not just make it a daily login reward instead.
    • Like x 7
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've found only a couple of the doors are really bad like that. The Amazon Fury and Age of Justice ones are probably the worst, while the Anti-Monitor and Suicide Squad doors are the most forgiving.

The Flash Museum door can be hit or miss either way, but that one annoys me with all the CC from the NPCs. I feel like I spend just as much time using breakouts as I do attacks. LOL
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I don't mind running the mission itself for the fragments, but I do wonder at times why it was made a duo instead of solo content like the Vault.
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've developed a zero tolerance over the years for idiocy. sounds like a neat idea to camp out alongside those types but the truth to it is when you do that you end up wasting your free time and no one is worth that.i just leave if it looks like someone is going to be intentionally counterproductive.

occasionally ill run ahead, aggro some ads and bring them back to the entrance before making my exit.
    • Like x 3
  15. gameaddict Level 30

I've went to the trouble of reporting some of these people through the ticket system in the past, i truly don't want people like this in the DCUO community. I know some people will see it as silly, especially when it comes to the stabilizer missions, but for me it's about the principle of the thing.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually... I've seen people race to the room and die trying to solo it.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Or just combine it into the Vault. Double the Metals and loot lock the Stabilizer Fragments for the day. (Because heaven forbid people buy Vault tickets to get extra Stabilizers, right?) ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Think about it for a second.. aside from the occasional freebie they hand out like the Flash Cowl or this Winter event's special Christmas tree how many thing do they just hand out for logging in?

Now the Vault has been around for ever and you can complete that in a minute or less and these days walk out with a free piece of unattunned armor that will adjust it's CD as high as CR 180, around 120-150 points worth of Nth metal, a free mark , during holiday events a free piece of furniture and the usual bit of in game cash and style drops... You have to run around and shoot a few gift boxes but basically get all that for next to no effort.

Lock Boxes offer another free mark, more styles to pick from, and if nothing else looks goof to you.. a free item you'd buy in the market like a repair bot, broker bot, omega compound and while rare my favorite.. a vault ticket so i can run that again and grab another free piece of armor. While there is no specific mission involved those are set on a timer and drop after you have been logged in for a certain amount of time.

And of course the stabilzer duo... I have finished that thing with a good team mate in as little as 1minute and 6 seconds (only reason I remember that.. it happened a couple days ago and usually takes about 90 seconds or so). Of the three it is the ONLY one that requires any combat but you can still be in and out in under two minutes and leave with (in my case) 5 fragments and a piece of furniture.

Now I have wondered about that myself.. Like I said in my other post here I have had no problem at all doing the whole thing solo when I got one of "THOSE" team mates and I have had a couple where the other guy went link dead almost as soon as we started. like the OP described in starting this thread. You are stat clamped so even the level 10s that enter would have their stats upgraded tp CR 34 level so I see no reason why anyone would have a problem soloing the thing and it would mean instant access when you Que up (although I have rarely see it take more than a minute to find me a team mate). It wold eliminate the issue with getting locked out briefly because you had the nerve to OPEN the door for the other guy and I swear I have actually had team mates that were chasing the scoreboard in that thing...I can take down any of those bosses with just my power tray and weapon attacks.. why bother with your side kick and an orbital strike? LOL
  19. Earthjim Well-Known Player

I can solo the earth 3 cops before the other guy finishes the current in lex tower lol
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Running the Larfleeze alert, I got in with a bunch of noobs and got so tired of it and tired of them not listening, I just went behind a Christmas tree and laid down. Why? Because they would kill an Orange Lantern construct and instead of carrying the ball to the node, they kept on picking them up and trying to smash them.
    • Like x 1