People still complaining about Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

And all I want is DCUO on the damn Geforce Now catalog.
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

why didn't you just do a thread asking if DCUO was going to end up on Geoforce Now, then? why even mention people who don't agree with the clamp?

this is bait, bruv. I see you.
    • Like x 5
  5. MrWood Well-Known Player

Clamp sucks, but i want to hear more about the Geforce thing... I have Geforce but I dont really use it for anything. What would you expect to be adjustable with it?
    • Like x 2
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Polarizing subject will bring more attention to his issue.
    • Like x 3
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Theoretically those with a lot of available bandwidth and a subpar cpu/gpu could make the game look better? thats all I can think of.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In case you're not aware, GeForce Now is a cloud game streaming service. Essentially you could play DCUO anywhere on almost any device. Theoretically you could be on a train and be playing DCUO on your phone through GeForce Now. Game devs have to give their permission to NVidia to be on the service though. Not sure what you mean by the adjustable part of your comment.
  9. MrWood Well-Known Player

I've only used Geforce to adjust graphics quality prior to opening a game. It will say what is best for the PC I'm on. One click and everything will change. That's why I was confused for DCUO, as it isn't graphicly intensive at all. I've never done the remote play stuff. Seems cool tho.
  10. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Theoretically, I have such an old computer the graphics aren't fully there in dcuo. If I had a better LAN card... I would be able to run with my gigabit internet speed and max out the graphics. But also, its theoretically usable on tablets and cell phones as well. Chromebooks.
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Geforce Now is Nvidia's services for Cloudgaming, many big bois are already diving in into this new trend.

Stadia - Google
    Geforce Now (GFN) - Nvidia
    XCloud - Microsoft
    Playsation Now - Sony
    Amazon Luna - Amazon

Others small companies/softwares:

Shadow tech - Blade
    Parsec - Parsec Gaming

Right now, Daybreak has Planetside 2 in there, but no DCUO ... and I still want to know why.

Cloudgaming is the reason I've been playing many games in the past months, since I do not have the money and no interest to buy a new gaming machine, I've been using my 7 years old Dell Laptop to play my games.

The idea of GFN is that you will connect to Nvidia's Datacenter by choosing the game you want to play from their catalog, then GFN will tuner a new Virtual Machine for you and copy over the game from the cloud storage to your new created VM, so the game will be ready to play instantly (no additional download) and you simple play the game on a computer that is being hosted in a datacenter.

After the Virtual Machine is all setup, the Datacenter will start to stream it's screen to your device from their Datacenters, the game is not running on your device, it running on the Datacenter, your device is just receving the Stream and sending commands (keyboard, mouse, controller) to the Virtual Machine.

Imagine Netflix where the movie/series is being streamed to your device, but it exclusively for games.

You can play using your Browser (only chromium based browsers can use GFN for browser), Android (smartphones and Tablets), iOS(iPhone and iPads), SmartTVs and there is an application for download for Windows.

You make your account on Geforce Now, and then (if you want) connect your Steam and EPIC games account, then GFN will sync all your games and also make a bridge between GFN and the virtual stores account, so when you initialize a game that needs either Steam or EPIC, you will not be asked to authenticate every single time.

GFN offers two plans:

FREE: 1 hour per session unlimited times a day to connect (meaning that once your hour ends, you can reconnect), but with a big queue times because there are many FREE users (still doable)

SUB: You pay 10 dollars a month and have priority access to the datacenters, your session will also be extended to six hours, you will also have RTX support for games that support the feature.

The system needed to use GFN is pretty low:

Dual Core CPU with at least 2.0 Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Graphic chip compatible with DirectX 11 (Intel HD Graphics 2000 from 2011 is compatible)
    At least 8Mbps connection speed to play in the lowest resolution (1024x768)

If you so choose to play over wifi using your portable devices, you will need a 5Ghz connection, 2.4Ghz is very choppy (my experience)

It easy to add your games to GFN, if you are a Dev of your game you have two options:

If your game is on Steam, you will need to publish your game for Cloud Play on Steamwork and allow Geforce Now.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/cloudgaming

Without Steam you will have to have a github account and ask Nvidia for them to give you access to their Geforce Now SDK, so you can use it to publish your game directly to GFN.

Nvidia do not charge devs to add their games to the service, it free, they just need the permission.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, know what is a good way to keep people talking about the clamp? Keep making posts talking about the clamp that are actually clickbait.

And to be fair, the clamp impacted everyone in the game (good or bad)....having the title added to the awful 'GeForce Now' catalog at best would impact PC players....at worst only a handful of even those. One subject logically would draw more attention.
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Hey there! Thanks for bumping my post!