Confirmed PC Settings Reset

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by SilkyPawz, Nov 30, 2021.

1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

A sneaky action that I'd put money on it being unnecessary.
  2. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

This worked, I just had to find the most recent copy of my game settings. Thanks, you saved me a lot of time and effort of trying to remember how my chat tabs were configured.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. niteravn Active Player

same here but not allowing to upvote
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Can confirm the issue isn’t on ps4 side, hope they get it fixed for y’all, upvoted op.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Same here. I'm suddenly getting LFG in my main chat window, which I do NOT want, along with the spam channel (shout).
    • Like x 3
  6. Soul Dedicated Player

I've asked around on EUPC, it's just the PC players and seems like everyone has this issue. Hope it doesn't take a month to notice, reply and fix.

Edit: If it wasn't clear I have the same issue.
    • Like x 2
  7. Control Creed Well-Known Player

PC same...
    • Like x 1
  8. Mister Rook New Player

Same here. This is super annoying.
    • Like x 1
  9. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

10. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

11. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Thanks for the tip, totally works. Just to add, I had multiple "Long Serial Num" folders but only 1 of them had a PII file in it, so make sure you do this in the right folder.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Thank you for the fix... but it means my alt account no longer can have different chat settings (which it did) and that kind of sucks. This is a nasty change. I hope there's a good reason for it. I somehow doubt it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is quite strange and we are investigating.
    • Like x 4
  14. BugReporter2000 Active Player

I would be glad if my settings would safe at all :)
    They are resetting every time i log out.

I'm wondering anyway why ya'll so confused. It's always been like this for me. I'm changing my settings, the next day they are resetted... That's why i gave up on it years ago, keeping it on default.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I have lost all my custom settings. I always log in and tab over to group and league custom chat and wondered why I got the loot tab open. LoL

Should we expect a fix or should we be safe to fix what we had, as someone said above as a workaround?
  16. Mister Rook New Player

17. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Can confirm it happened to me too. PC USPC
  18. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Is this issue still in progress? Or got fixed and waiting for a hotfix?
  19. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I dont know if it was ever fixed because the game is still pointing to a new config file for your chats.

This post by "Shadowdragon" shows what they did and how to restore, it works

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-settings-reset.319563/#post-4462378

I had to find the most recent copy of my chat before they made this change, so take a few days away from my original post in here and subtract a few days and you should find the most recent copy of your file.
  20. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I already saw Shadowdragon's method. Thing is I dont want to change it just incase if it get fixed and the thing I do to "fix" my chats may can actually broke everything afterwards. I just prefer it untouched until a further update//fix from devs.