Confirmed PC Settings Reset

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by SilkyPawz, Nov 30, 2021.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

I logged into the game and other then my league chat all my Group and Custom chats have all vanished.
    • Like x 19
  2. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

I'm having the same issue also asked in LFG others are dealing with the same thing apparently.
    • Like x 3
  3. AZPrime Active Player

Same thing here. Even tried remaking the tab I lost and it worked until I relogged, then it disappeared again.
    • Like x 2
  4. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Same here. And you cant reset them
    • Like x 2
  5. HelloKittyPowa Active Player

I can confirm for PC US servers. I had 1 custom channel that was removed. I asked my friend who made it if he deleted his since I was invited to it and he said he still has his as well as his other channels. He has a PS4 US. So I'm not sure if this issue is happening to some PS4 and PC players, but I can confirm this for PC. I also relogged to see if the channel would disappear and it looks like it remained. Looks like there are multiple different issues through the same bug.
    • Like x 2
  6. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Same here, EU PC. upvoted OP
    • Like x 3
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Anyone else's settings reset to day? Because I've been in and out of the game all day today and settings have been fine until around 4PM CST today when I logged back into the game after taking cares of the errands and its like first day of DCUO, volumes were reset, custom chats gone, chat tabs back to default. And the same thing happened to my leaguemate. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Its not just me, I've talked to 3 other PC friends and they're having this same issue.

I even tried wiping and restoring the SaveData folder from a backup that I keep and that did squat.

Can we have 1 day where their isn't a bug in this game that is either game breaking or severely inconvenient for your player base? I mean we're paying $10/month + MP purchases and we're paying this money to crash at least once or twice a day, lag like crazy, bugs out of the ying yang. Seriously wtf is this crap.
    • Like x 4
  8. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Same here! What gives? :(
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, it's down. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. Just relax, ride out the wave, it'll likely just fix itself in due course.

Merry Christmas mate :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

The real question is...do I redo all of my chat tabs or wait for it to possibly be fixed? Mutter, mutter.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

If you can go without it, I'd suggest waiting until we know, this has happened before and it's just fixed itself in time.
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Ahem.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

same here: the custom colors of my chat have reseted and the channels i joined are gone.
    however: thats all i noticed to change so far. key bindings didn´t change for example at all.
  14. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

At least the key bindings have been kept, so can go straight back into running things :)
  15. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I'll ride out this wave, and in a week or so their will be another, and like clockwork the new DLC will come out and bring with it bugs, bugs, and more bugs.
  16. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

What kind of monster are you keeping your settings on default? xD Do you hearing squealers in proximity chat? Do you like seeing random garbage in shout/say? I logged in and literally the first thing I hear is some kid cursing in a squeaky voice that sounded a bit like Beaker. And some guy in shout chat saying racial nonsense. And that was within the first 10 secs of logging in.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

It's mostly because, for some reason, my voice chat silences all channels except the legion channel. This only changes when I get into an instance, and I keep LFG hidden by clicking on the legion tab. That, and I spend most of the time in my hideout.
  18. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It looks like at some point this afternoon (was OK after daily restart), the game started pointing to a new settings file. This is local to your PC.

The settings location is something like this (may vary with Windows versions):
    C:\Users\$WINDOWS_USERNAME\Documents\My Games\DC Universe Online\SaveData\$SOME_LONG_SERIAL_NUM\(files here)

The old chat settings was: $DAYBREAK_USERNAME_ChatSettings
    The new one is the same for everyone: PII_ChatSettings

To restore, you can do this:
    1. Close DCUO
    2. Rename PII_ChatSettings ---> something like PII_ChatSettings.backup-20211130 in case it breaks something
    3. Copy the one with your username and rename ---> PII_ChatSettings
    4. Start DCUO
    • Like x 11
  19. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I'll try this out after the servers are finished restarting. But the question is, WHY was this change done. I'd like a dev to come in here and explain, but something tells me that ain't gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Me too. That was some sneaky ninja action.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1