PC Revamp/Update needed

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Peterscarlet, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Peterscarlet Level 30

PC if possible needs more support or a revamp similar to how the PS4 has.

So far I try to play the game with my Current Build:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    3850x1440 4K/HDR G-Sync monitor
    GTX 2060 Super

This game becomes unplayable above 30 frames, Known issues that I have encountered:
    -Camera spins uncontrollably upon moving without a movement power active.
    -Portions of the don't load properly, including cut scenes along with fixed camera moments during game-play.
    -Entrance and exits for locations and missions don't load at times, or the game never loads the interaction for the location.
    -The game has a limit on what resolutions it supports.
    -Game doesn't support Frame capping.
    -The UI gets stuck as it did in year 1, with increased frame rates the UI breaks to where the buttons wont respond and/or the UI frame rate cant keep up with the speed of the computer processing and the UI will skip over sections reading the inputs multiple times.
    -V-sync causes bad scene tearing due to it locking the game at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS.
    -If game is in Full screen and I try to use the windows button to access anything on my PC the game has a 50% chance of either Crashing/Closing or disabling the windows button.

I have been playing this game since launch on both PC and PS3/4. As much as I would love to keep playing this game, it is in need of an overhaul. The UI badly needs upgrading, the game overall needs to be in a better engine or at least modified for a better experience. With DC Content on the rise with its TV shows, animated media, shows and movies etc. I feel Daybreak can do much more than and not stay limited to a modified Unreal 3.5 engine. With over MMO's like Black Desert, FFXIV, Skyforge and more all doing Giant Overhauls to upgrade the game for newer hardware I think Daybreak can do the same.

A college student made a free demo of a "Superboy" game Called Undefeated using Unreal 4 and released it on Steam. (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1116960/UNDEFEATED/) This could be DCUO. this Kid made what Daybreak could be on a small scale and its amazing!

I say this not to be disrespectful to anyone at Daybreak. I am just voicing my passion to see this amazing game grow and expand. DCUO is the ONLY Superhero MMORPG that has the right mixture of game-play for both Controller & Keyboards/Mouse along with the support of DC. This game has so much potential to be amazing, yet it feels like its just being held back without reason or cause. sorry for the long feedback post but I just wanna see this game be great with HDR, 4K, amazing Graphics, awesome story-lines and a kick *** over the top character creator. I wanna be able to run missions with Static, Go underwater and do missions like in FFXIV, do missions in space and see Gotham, Metropolis, Central City, Themyscira, Jump City and other Locations as open area with Day and Night cycles plus weather in HD glory!....

If any of the DEVS see this and read it all Thank you for this amazing game that has been awesome for me and friends over these 10/11 years when in alpha, beta and focus group play. If PC never gets fixed this will be it for me until something happens Thank you, and I look forward to the future of this game.
    • Like x 6
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

Have you tried using Nvidia Profile Inspector (or similar) to crank up the graphics and lock fps to 60 fps (v-sync off in-game)? I went down that bumpy road of pointing out these core issues. I understand your pains. I hope your posting tracks better attention than mine did in the past.
    • Like x 1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

I could not agree more. And with Dungeon Architect (works only with Unreal 4), they could load whatever new meshes they wanted then generate new mission zones based on it in just minutes.

• Like x 1
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

For me it doesnt make any sense that the game settings runs smoother and look better on ps4, while pc can be far superior.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It doesn't make any sense.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PC:
    [IMG]
    Console:
    [IMG]
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

Have you all at least had serious discussions about upgrading to Unreal 4? What was the prevailing reasoning behind not doing so?

Not looking to start up a debate about pros/cons, just wondering.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's always a thing in the air, but it is essentially building a whole new game in terms of time/resources.
    • Like x 4
  9. Frankzilla Committed Player

Yea revamp them back to their own server. Pls n thank you
  10. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Are you kidding? If anything we could use Xbox and switch being merged as well- anything to get a better effective game population.
    • Like x 1
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

Sooo your essentially pointing out, this is what D.I is working on next. I gotcha buddy.
  12. Flying F0X New Player

I have the same processor as you and an equivalent GPU. I play on a 180hz monitor with vsync off in game and framerate capped at 180 with MSI Afterburner. I have never had any of those issues.
    So I don't know what's causing your issues but the game is definitely not broken above 30 frames.

That being said I would lose my mind in the best way if this game got a graphics update.
  13. Vumad New Player

Heya guys. I'm an EverQuest player. Hopped into DCUO a few times to give it a try and want to start utilizing my All Access a little more.

Last night I figured out why the game is so choppy. I noticed my FPS was locked at 30 FPS. I turned off V-sync and my FPS went to 180 and went a lot smoother.

Also I have a Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor. The menus are not properly landing on the ultrawide. They are falling off the side of the monitor. This is not an issue with my stuff, because the game itself fits properly, and WoW works properly. This is clearly a UI formatting issue.

Anyway, just came here to post this, what I felt is bugs, and found this thread so posted here. V-sync and ultrawide UI are not right.

That would be awesome. I have all access and would rather play DCUO on my xbox. I love crossplay on Forza and State of Decay 2 and would absolutely love being able to crossplay DCUO.

Updating engines has been a topic on EverQuest for 15 years. EQ is 25 years old. Unfortunately updated engines are probably not going to happen for any of us.
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

Understood and noted.
    • Like x 1
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

Very serious somethings i will not mention simply because whats understood doesnt have to be explained. You may not pvp i do and my experience is being ruin simply by running in to pc players that cheat it wouldnt be taking place if they werent on the server. I dont know about you but i dont think a small boost in population and i mean small pc was dying for good reason i.e. cheating is worth sacrificing quality of gameplay. Now merger with other consoles make sense let the pc continue to their own demise.
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Im not hoping for a UE4 port, that would be unrealistic for this type of game.
    But optimization for PC I think its a must. They upgraded the game resolution for costume pieces in the last year I think but I'm amazed because the game still looks better on PS4 than on a monster pc. And that is what doesnt make any sense.
    Why can we on PC have the same specs the PS4 settings build has? It even runs smoother on PS4...
  17. Frankzilla Committed Player

You cant cheat on console pc still has a leg up.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Unfortunately you can cheat on any device. No system is 100% fool proof.
    • Like x 2
  19. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

I'll have to agree with @Mepps, changing an engine (or framework) on any tech proyect (i can speak from the side of information proyects) is a big challenge, sometimes "almost impossible".

You can build your proyect under "Framework1" and use all it's capabilities and sell your product, years pass...and the framework is no longer supported, a new version much more powerfull is available, or something else. Thats's why on an information proyect a framework update is important, i know for experience that can be painfull (yes there is uprades and backward compatibility documents for big engines or frameworks...still a pain). Having your own docs on compatibility to new engines/frameworks is key, but also a proyect can reach a point where u just can't change the way it was made.

IMO (actually all is my opinion) i believe a way to try the pc improvements would be to share part of the proyect allowing a offline installatoin of the game for testing purposes (if there is a way please tell me <3, came back to play recently), if i had that i would jump into cracking the code of the Light & Rage powers and try and make all the corps powers (i always saw a greedy healing and a hopefull healing, and the indigo tanks channeling orange&yellow or green&blue to hold a beating).

You can see result of this on mods for GTA, fallout, wow, etc, that actually improved the graphics...will it take too long? well there is already a mod for Doom Eternal that improved graphics.

A hopefully hunch is that many people could gravitate around the game just for this.

The backside is of this can be people finding exploits, but some will report it or take advantage of this.

Please if you think i have missconceptions about gaming proyects, let me know i mostly work on database related stuff.

Regards.
  20. gameaddict Level 30

This. Some people always seem to talk about PC in the context of " PC maStEr RAcE, hackers, etc.", if you honestly think only 1 platform is capable of hacking, you have a very limited view and/or bias.

As for the thread, a complete new engine seems like such a weird thing to ask to me, i've even seen people talk about how cool the game would be in the Cryengine like it's nothing at all and something that can be done in a week's time. 0_o

I would love to get more PC support, would be great to actually change settings more in-depth without having to go into a outside piece of software, increased performance, etc., but at the same time i'm quite a pessimist about the whole thing. Green coloured usernames will say "it's high priority", but nothing comes from it, issues that plague the general player base takes ages to fix or don't get fixed at all *cough* Phoenix Cannon crashing *cough*, so fixes/support that just affect one platform i have even less hope for.

TL;DR: I would love more PC support/fixes, but if it's something which can be done easily and/or if they even have the workforce to do so is another question.