PC players: to Steam or Not to Steam?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Dawn, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Suggesting steam just because of so much pros not related to DCUO.
    I mean, c'mon, steam sales.
  2. AnneColeman New Player

Nowadays this is one of the hottest questions among the gamers community. The way you play the games depends on the way you get it. I believe that paying for the game is a fair credit to the developers. If you are really respecting the people who created the game, you probably would spend some cash to it. Otherwise, you are able not spend money on the games which are worth to buy it. I am on the side of giving respect the developers, becuase Steam allowing players to buy the games on a sale period. Alternatively, you can buy Watch dogs 2 cd on another platform since all the money eventually transferred to the creators of the game.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

3.5 years....going to have to do better if you are going for a record.....

The invisible text was a nice touch though.

For the record...since you revived it....I use both for my PC accounts, however I prefer the native client to Steam. Why have the extra overhead for the steam client....steam chat? Blech... Also Steam does not allow a 2nd session to open, something I do often, after the initial launcher is closed. I do pay for things via steam though, saves having to spread my CC info around to different games that don't accept other forms of payment.
    • Like x 3
  4. Vella Well-Known Player

When I played on PC, it was through steam. It's a lot smoother.
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Well, this makes no sense. Both Steam and Standalone uses the same server. Both will get the same updates at the same time, otherwise we would face version errors when connecting.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To be fair, he wrote that almost 4 years ago...so maybe there was some issue at the time. But yeah, in general, you'd assume there could be no difference without major issues ensuing. Maybe he was talking about the client auto updating?...I know I do like the fact that when I come home on an update day, the steam client is already updated....the stand alone I have to kick off the update....although that's not 'content'.
  7. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Never had this issue. I play DCUO on steam since It was there.
  8. AnneColeman New Player

I am a big fan of the DC universe. When I first found out about this game, I immediately wanted to install it on my computer. However, I was on a business trip and therefore had to play on a mobile platform. But I realized that my graphic card was broken when I returned home. So I have to settle for the minecraft server list. Btw, I like to watch game streams. DCUO seemed colorful to me. Each character is made in detail. However, the plot itself is not so good. There are some dialogues and general chronology.
  9. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

I play via Steam. It's fine.

The only downside is that your friends (or everyone if set up like that) can see your in-game hours. Might not bother you if you have a less than 4 figures number, but mine is five figure. :oops: