PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

have you experienced any recent crashing?
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Only upon atartup once after tab-in back into the game. The C++ runtime can crash without causing any immediate crashes to the game. I've mostly played the event though and the missing runtime only seems to affect visuals.

But on my system I have a very tight limitation from the driver's side to ensure stability, because my over-FPS monitor artifacts are really painful and nasty.
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

are you using an fps limiter? i've been toying with nvidia inspector... but the game would still crash with v-sync left on with the 30 fps cap.

i feel penalized with an rtx 2080 and asus 27" spg279q when running this game, but i continue to play nonetheless.
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

c++ runtime error when switching voice channels while in chaos gotham.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

oh, an RTX. I run on a GTX 1050 and ran quite a few tests with the perfmon max command on PCTest. Last thing I heard it is back online right now, so maybe you check if you can detect FPS problems. You should be able to run it on even higher settings than I am.

Flickering UI/elements weird NPC names are a normal side effect of /perfmon max

The settings I use are
    • FPS limit ~62.7
    • open GL triple Buffering on (it stabilizes the FPS!)
    These are the two settings that fixed the folloing glitches:
    Flickering HUD and menu (really bad) caused by FPS issues and my screen, white flashes, stutter, freezing for several seconds, high graphiccard usage (power consumption)

optional improvements
    • vsync force on
    • smooth AFR on
    • tear control adaptive (i still get tearing in cutscenes, so most of these options might not work at all)
    • AA mode: overide application settings
    • AA setting: 16xS
    • Anisotropic: user defined/off
    • anisotropic filtering setting 16x
    • anisotropic filter optimization: on
    • ' ' sample optimization: on
    • TF - quality: quality
    • power managment: adaptive (occasionally my card rund idle because DCUO is old - change this setting on laptops to exclude power managment conflicts)
    • installation to SSD instead of HDD caused loading screen time reduction by 90 %
    I also deactivated the Windows 10 game recording apps because I don't use them - they might have an impact I never documented.
    On PCTest I got 40-63 FPS with these settings, very rarely going below 30. Without Triple buffering it would drop to 15 and was below 50 most of the time. Without the additional filtering the graphiccard was running idle a lot and put out a steady 60+ FPS.

Any changes only become effective after a game restart.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

hall of doom near phase shifter, pve phase. a lot of players there, many players changing styles (i'd say there would be at least 1-2 dozen players changing styles during certain times, no joke). crash reporter window pops.
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Game crashed when trying to open a time capsule,is it a sign? :p annyways it was on eupc when standing in watchtower
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

"You pays your money, you takes your chances"
    • Like x 1
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

More like "you pay your money you break your chances"
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's a risk you take when diving right into the TC-mist the second it goes live. ;) Have you learned nothing after all those crashes you've had just by changing a style? :D
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

"you change your style you take your chances" It's not my fault the game dosen't want me to browse styles though its just how it is ;):D
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

players are punished for looking too powerful on PC
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Same issues since day 1. Actually, since GU4. But there's no excuse for having these issues 8 years later.
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

the rally bug is still around at rare times still sadly
    • Like x 1
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

the game came to an immediate exit while breaking boxes open in the vault just now on my Aquatic High toon on USPC. no option came up for error reporting.