PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

Alt tab then alt tab to the error reporting window. Tab then space bar. Repeat to get to confirmation error window then just space bar. The game will now exit.
    • Like x 1
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I love how the crashes are happening five times more often, and every crash during Shattered Gotham results in a 5 minute delay of waiting for the returning player or the new invite to have to jump across all the platforms again. And all because we can't get a shortcut to the checkpoint.

Standing around waiting on the bridge and doing nothing for ten minutes when you've already found a replacement but you've got to wait for them to walk all the way from the entrance at the speed of Slothman, that really improves my gaming experience and makes things a lot more fun.

Especially with how much fun it is to sit around during those extended delays, hoping that you aren't the next one that DCUO tracks down for a random crash.
    • Like x 3
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's the nature of software releases in general; even without pressures to meet overly-tight deadlines, programs these days have too much code to be thoroughly bug-checked before release, especially by a small studio/company which doesn't have a huge staff of paid testers, but relies largely on player volunteers, of whom there aren't a huge number. But even if they were, it's not the same as professional bug-testing, which I'm not saying isn't done at Daybreak, but it's never going to be enough and that is the case for the software industry in general, for the most part.

Meanwhile, though, Daybreak is doing their best to discourage playing by throwing us out of the game every hour or two or three, at which point we can suddenly realize that maybe doing something else for a while is a pleasant idea.
    • Like x 3
  4. jam2315 New Player

This has been affecting me ever since update too. At least 5 times a day every time I go from alert or duo back to watchtower. Have to restart my whole computer bc I can't find a way to get out of full screen on my Alienware 17r. Sucks big time
    • Like x 1
  5. Draconiano Committed Player

Also, I forgot to say earlier, I usually crash after I use the chat or change someting on the option's menu, don't know if this happens to everyone or just me.
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Quite a few things can trigger a crash. So far chat, phasing, loading inventory, being in crowded HQ, and a loading screen can cause it, its just after this GU its dramatically far more frequent.
    • Like x 5
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

i even crashed inside my barebone atlantis base
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I can't spot any pattern to the crashes. They seem to happen randomly, but frequently and surely.
    • Like x 1
  9. MiLady Well-Known Player

The crashes have been occurring more frequently now with the latest DLC (Cursed Gotham). I seem to be crashing just after teleporting to the other part of the safe area (where the vendors are). The game will briefly lag and then either freeze or let me continue to play.

Since im on PC, I use the Alt-Tab to switch out. If that doesn't work, then Ctrl-Alt-Delete, open my Task Manager, and End Process on the DCGame.exe. Then I fill out the crash report.
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Seriously you guys need to do something about this.. I just crashed and Then I crashed when I logged inn again.This is not acceptable.
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Bumping this thread, because it is not good enough. I will keep bumping this thread until something gets done about this.

I pay to play this game and I expect a level of quality from it as a result.

No one is expecting 100% perfection, but crashing 6+ times a day because your game client is broken is not acceptable! Especially when those crashes are occuring in the middle of boss fights, people can even lose out on loot because of this nonsense, it needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 10
  12. Eve YouTuber

I crash on EUPC as well. It's frustrating. I crashed in content, crashed in middle of a style, etc.
    I tweeted "Daybreak Help" and got no response, so I sent a ticket and still waiting on reply. Usually
    it doesn't take them so long to reply, but this is ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

Imagine your PC crashing in Shattered Gotham raid that happened last night.
    • Like x 2
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

In SS alert me and 2 pugs and a friend were doing just great fine and dandy on the last boss .My friend kept crashing like there was no tomorrow it was madness omfg.

I've never seen him crash 6 times back to back lol ..
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I hate when I crash period but crashing in a raid and also LAST BOSS lol and it happens at the worst of times to.
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

Spent five minutes jumping platforms to get to last boss, hoping you don't miss lol
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

I didn't even open inventory it just happened randomly in the middle of a SGe fight :mad:
    • Like x 4
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

ouch... then you had to hop back on over.. struggle is real
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah the crashing is seriously disrupting gameplay for everyone, but especially for those seriously trying to run raids/elite raids. We need a fix for this crashing asap. A dev response on the matter, on what is being done to fix these crashes would be great as well.
    • Like x 3
  20. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Give us 1 SP for every 10 client crashes as a feat and I won't complain about this as I would have my SP maxed out by now. But on a serious note yes, it happens way too often. Is anyone analyzing these crash reports at all I wonder? I lost so many gear drops & marks it's not funny anymore. Having to tell everyone at the start of anything, if I crash it was not intentionally please re-invite me back. And then hope they actually do.
    • Like x 2