Pause the Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Oct 8, 2017.

1. TestReporter Loyal Player

Since we know that time capsules aren't going away any time soon, can you at least give us a break from new time capsules?
    My suggestion is:
    -Rotate all old time capsules back during a 6 month period.
    -Release Booster Bundles instead of the capsules during that time.
    This is nowhere close to what this game needs, the time capsules are a constant bleed to the game's heart, but a pause could help to at least feel like we have a chance to get the feats without spending 1 billion dollars in the game.
    As a side note: Jackhammer, stop hitting so hard on the community.
    • Like x 16
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

A 6 month period for all capsules? I don't know.. Couldn't you just make it at least 2 or 3 of the older capsules for a 3 month period? And then do more older capsules during the next 3 months after?

To me if you release all capsules to date in a 6 month period, I can't help but feel there's going to be alot of growing pains in that time span as there's plenty of capsules you could get in which you don't want to get.

Of course, I'm aware you can trade people capsules you don't want or even sell them, but that's Territory I don't chart towards anymore these days.

If they slow down the rate of capsules, at least try not to make all of them drop as that imo would feel pretty overwhelming.
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

I seriously doubt Booster Bundles are coming back. No point to it. TCs are a superior setup to BBs, anyway.

That said, I would be interested to hear when the older TCs are coming back so we can catch up a bit.
    • Like x 2
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Fantastic idea. Prob won't happen tho
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Bringing back Booster Bundles?? No way. Hated those.

Despite all it's flaws..... I much prefer the Time Capsules to the Booster Bundle.
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Capsules are a better bargain. With a Booster Bundle you spend $10 for a chance at one aura. For the same $10 in stabilizers, you get 10 chances at items you can use or sell - and that doesn't count the free stabilizers which are not even an option for Booster Bundles.

And before it's said, rare aura drop rates were not better in Booster Bundles.
    • Like x 3
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

True BB are more RNG but if I'm not mistaken I think it's worth noting that they didn't have feats hidden behind them. At least not nearly as many as in TCs.

+1 For me. Could be good for returning and new players alike.
  8. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I paid $70 to get the smoke aura from the booster bundles. I spent $160 to get all the collections for the corrupted aura. The second booster bundle, it only took $20 to get the radiant aura which was the "exclusive aura" of the bundle, same went for many other people. The 'Sparkling aura' was also an exclusive aura that was being sold on the broker for no more than 3 million. My memory is kind of foggy on the rest of those bundles but yes, the bundle drop rates were much better than the ones from the capsules.
    • Like x 1
  9. Napoleon Well-Known Player

oh yes, I'm also sitting at a cool $200+ I spent trying to obtain all the collection pieces for the Phoenix material and I'm the guy devs don't want to help in regards to steam not loading the marketplace. I haven't spent a dime since March because of this.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Then you were lucky.

I spent $80 to get the Cosmic material in the bundles... and opened a few more using Loyalty Points..... DID not get the Cosmic material. Only got common auras... and ONE less common one.

I had to play the Broker... a LOT.... to be able to purchase the Cosmic material. Bought 2 for $60M each.... and another for $100M.

So no... the Bundles drop rate.... not better.

You just got lucky.

At the time... plenty people were complaining on these very Forums of spending a few $100s on Booster Bundles... and still NOT get the rare aura or material they wanted.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Booster Bundles had ZERO feats in them...they had some useful items and pure cosmetics.
    • Like x 2
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And that comes down to luck with the RNG that you can have with bundles or capsules. I know someone who spent $500 and never saw a single OG smoke aura out of that booster bundle. I also know people who spent less than $100 on a capsule release and got everything in it.

I still stand by caps being the better bargain. You get more for the money in caps.
  13. Napoleon Well-Known Player

You are talking about the last generation of booster gold bundle packs, there were seven of them. Have you had any experience opening any other booster gold bundle packs?
  14. Proxystar #Perception

You're ignoring the fact you got $10 for actual marketplace items like replays.

You could spend $10 on capsules and get absolutely nothing but 6 man bat emblems and a bunch of other useless ****

The booster bundle were a far better buy.
    • Like x 12
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

$5 worth of replay badges for $10; and the other items not so useful. So if you value the replay badges, we then sum it up $5 a pop for a chance at a rare aura - or maybe just the one common aura nobody wants. Of course, you're forced to put down that $10 every time no matter what - no choice at paying one or two dollars. No opportunity for a free chance.

But to each their own. I assume you'll be putting down some cash for booster bundles given their better buy for you?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Hold your horses that other stuff is not useless. Repair bots are useful as are scanners and total recovery kits were useful too so, no; but nice try mate.
    • Like x 3
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

So you'll be buying booster bundles then?
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Is this some attempt to discredit their value, just skip to your end game might save us the hassle.
    • Like x 2
  19. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Perhaps on the first set of time capsules, they got away with paying less than $100, not so much for the current generation of capsules and unless you watched that someone open up $500 worth of bundles and not obtain the smoke aura, I'm calling BS, no offense to you, but I think that someone may have been fibbing or perhaps even overexaggerating with how much they actually spent.
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I just finished the recent capsule for under a $100.

And I call BS on you. Let's play your game. Present your hard evidence that you're not lying. Why should your words matter?