Patrol Catastrophe - Final Venom Thug Defense Bugged

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by JimsArcade, Mar 14, 2015.

1. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Within the past week, there appears to be a bug that was introduced into the Patrol Catastrophe solo operation. The final two Venom enemies you encounter--just past the wall of crates separating the large hall from the corridor leading to the first encounter with Braniac enemies--have abnormally high defense.

At 8,400+ might, my Mass Det's are only hitting them for 2,000-2,500 non-crits and 4,000-5,500 crits. Throughout the rest of the operation (and the rest of the game for that matter), my Mass Dets hit for 7K-9K non-crits and 19K-25K crits.

[IMG]

These abnormally low results occur regardless if the enemies are people or dogs. Before last week, my attacks were hitting these particular enemies as they normally should.

If someone could look into this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Never mind. The crates are splitting the "damage" of Mass Det.

Now, this brings up a gripe I've always had with DCUO: might damage should not be split against inanimate objects which are unaffected by might-based attacks. If something has a yellow targeting square, only precision damage should be split since they are the only attacks that can affect such targets.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh I dont any power should effect or split for that matter crates ect like the stacked boxes in the new solo. its not only in this solo either, say you are sorcery and drop CoD near the artifacts on the ground in the 1st or 2nd boss fights you dmg the artifacts or so it appears you are. By the ticks popping off the artifacts when you should only be hitting/hurting enemies not objects laying around.