Paradox Wave Teleporter Disabled

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Logged in earlier this afternoon and saw someone asking if the PW teleporter had been disabled. I went to investigate and, sure enough, the teleporter is not working. No words are displayed above it all. This is EU server, villain side.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

possibly due to the crash you get upon exiting the teleportal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It is on US villain side too. I assume cause walking in wave caused people to crash a lot so they disabled it till they could figure out the issue.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This is ********.
    #PutBackThePortal
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh was the crashing issue only affecting you if you walked in? I assumed the same happened if you queued in also.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just walk in. The game booted you when you tried to leave.
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

It happens when you que also (happened to me like 30 mins ago).
    • Like x 3
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Can confirm.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Bah. I was only crashing when I tried to leave, but I could warp to my base just fine. We bought our tickets, I say let us crash.
    • Like x 2
  10. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Can't wait for the "high levels are ruining paradox wave" complaint threads on Thursday.
    • Like x 3
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I tried this a few times, still would crash. Just not immediately.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...what? The teleporter is completely disabled. I wasn't in PW at all today, so I wasn't booted. I saw somebody asking in Shout if the teleporter was disabled, so I went to check and it was.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was answering your previous question if it was just with the walk in or que as well lol. From what I seen it was happening just with the walk in but people here are saying they crashed while queuing as well.
    • Like x 2
  14. Craven Green Loyal Player

I found that if I just walked in and didn't get loot I could leave and there was no crash. I reported the crash and error code to the Devs about 2 weeks ago and they put their team on it so today's portal lockdown will probably be brief.

I am happy that the devs are working to resolve the issue. Thanks for listening to us.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Looks like we disabled this walk-in while we track down a couple of issues with it, related to the crash reports. We are still early in looking into just what is different/wrong with the walk-in version of the instance.
    • Like x 5
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

BOOOOO!! I'm nearly to the point where I could solo it on my XB1 toon.
  17. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Of the various crashes we've been getting, the PW one is the strangest. Something in there marks you for a disconnect, whether it's the loot picker or exiting. When we did it last, we lost 2 players at the portal going out. Then another at the Watchtower. The same group reformed with the reconnected members and immediately walked in to Nexus. 2 of us that didn't DC before DC'd at the first fight of Nexus, mid-combat. It's like PW gives you the funk and it DC's you sometime later no matter what!
    • Like x 3
  18. Malachyte Devoted Player

Darn it....that's an easy 5 MoV....lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah sorry sorry. I thought you thought I got booted and didn't know how to get back in or something. My humblest of apologies.
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

It's not the walk in for me. I always randomly Que it so pugs get all feats while I solo it for them.

After finishing it in 1 minute, people always seem to crash. I always crash and need to restart the application.

I heard others saying they crash too.
  21. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

I would like to point out, before somebody brings up Mepps' statement that walk-ins cause bugs, the walk-in was working fine for A LONG time before the disconnect problem.
    • Like x 4